A silly idea I came up with for an RPG

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TrumpCards, Apr 5, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I’ve wasted a lot of time coming up with ideas for video games, but this one might just take the cake.

If I were to have a girlfriend or daughter that had never played an RPG before, I would design a relatively easy one that goes like this:

It’s called “The Light Warriors” (an obvious ripoff of the early Final Fantasy games). It stars four cute teenage girls with anime hair colors. I name it “The Light Warriors” as a stupid pun because the girls can’t come up with a name for their group, so they call themselves that because none of them way too much.

Gameplay wise, the game is an obvious ripoff of both Golden Sun and Breath of Fire 4. Each girl has an element, and you can choose which order they can attack in. If you use magic, then the magic can have special effects if you use the appropriate order of the elements (fire>wind>water>earth). Also for one of the status changes, a girl can be turned into a defenseless kitten.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

What about an axe or a sword? Do these girls carry any blunt weapons? Or is it all just magic? Cause that's just lame I don't go around skyrim flashing magick, I'm in it for the brutal melee combat.

3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

you know there's a game series called rpg maker where you can actually make your own rpgs, right? i'll admit, i didn't play it as much as i thought i would, because there was no way to upload your own music and most of my game ideas really wouldn't work with the default music selection. but it's a start anyway; you might even be able to make this game idea work with it.

4. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

I had the RPG Maker on the PS1, but there were quite a few issues (I can’t draw my own sprites, you have to curse a shield onto every character so they can’t equip two weapons at once, you can’t make up make attacks that involve percentages of offense, etc).

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i had that one too. you could draw your own characters, just not anything else. it took some definite creativity making any game that wasn't set in medieval europe or space, but i did manage one game set in a post-apocalyptic future, and one set in the current US.

i also had rpg maker 2, but it got stolen before i was able to really do much with it. i think they improved on pretty much all of those issues though. unfortunately, still no option to have your own music, which was still the biggest drawback for me.

6. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

Did you know that on the first RPG Maker you could screw around with the tempo and bass of the music to make slightly different sounding songs?

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

didn't know that one. not that it would have been enough, but would definitely have come in handy.

8. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

What about if you had a partner or parent who had nether played a computer game in their entire life.?

Both Jane myself and our children qualify on all counts. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

PS, I did play some thing called Tetrus or Tetris once. Jane called me a fool and asked if I was going into my second childhood.

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i would make fun of them for it.

10. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

As I said, it stars four cute teenage girls; I think it would be more appropriate for a girl (I would still play it, though).