A garden for a quote of the day

Discussion in 'Conscious Bible' started by wyldwynd, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Anima_Mercury

Anima_Mercury Member

You Shall Never Thirst

"Living Water" Offered: Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who I am, you would ask me, and I would give you living water." "But sir, you don't have a rope or bucket," she said. Where would you get this living water? Jesus replied, "People soon become thirsty again after drinking this water. But the water I give them takes away thirst . . . It becomes a perpetual spring within them, giving them eternal life." "Please sir," the woman said, "give me some of that water! Then I'll never be thirsty again."

[​IMG]

♥ Love ♥

V

1 person likes this.
  2. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

As in water face reflects face, So a man’s heart reveals the man. ~Proverb 27:19~

3. wyldwynd

I have been established from everlasting, From the beginning, before there was ever an earth. ~Proverbs 8:23~

4. erzebet1961

erzebet1961 Senior Member

Blesed are the Peacemakers, for they shall be called the Children of God.

5. Liroy

Liroy Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Stay True To Yourself

6. erzebet1961

A soft answer turneth away wrath

1 person likes this.
  7. raysun

raysun D4N73_666 4861786f72

. . . the integral being is attached to nothing and can relate to everyone with an unstructured attitude. Because of this, her very existence benefits all things.

Lao Tzu
    Source: The Hua Hu Ching

8. Anima_Mercury

Anima_Mercury Member

"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling (1 Peter 4:8-9).”

♥ Love ♥

V

9. erzebet1961

Greater Love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

10. erzebet1961

If you love me...Feed my Sheep...........

11. erzebet1961

The dog is the only earthly being that loves you more than you love yourself

Fritz Von Unruh

12. wyldwynd

"Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; For love is sufficient unto love." ~Kahlil Gibran~

13. Dance for Gaia

Dance for Gaia Member

I Love you - DanceforGaia

14. scarlet skies

scarlet skies Guest

I'm new as of today, and got excited when I saw the quotes! I didn't read every single one yet and I need to leave the computer now for a while...so I'm sorry if these were already mentioned!

Some of my favorite quotes come from Joseph Campbell. Here are a couple I thought would be nice to share:

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us."

"If you do follow your bliss you put yourself on a kind of track that has been there all the while, waiting for you, and the life that you ought to be living is the one you are living. Follow your bliss and don't be afraid, and doors will open where you didn't know they were going to be."

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."

"If you can see your path laid out in front of you step by step, you know it's not your path. Your own path you make with every step you take. That's why it's your path."

"Life is like arriving late for a movie, having to figure out what was going on without bothering everybody with a lot of questions, and then being unexpectedly called away before you find out how it ends."

"Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls."

"People say that what we’re all seeking is a meaning for life. I don’t think that’s what we’re really seeking. I think that what we’re seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances without own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive."

"Where you stumble and fall, there you will find gold."

"We're not on our journey to save the world but to save ourselves. But in doing that you save the world. The influence of a vital person vitalizes."

"The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek."

"Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths."

"If the path before you is clear, you're probably on someone else's."

"If you are falling....dive."

"The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe to match your nature with Nature."

Have a great night and enjoy!

:sunny:

15. Tanuki

Tanuki Guest

In the end, perhaps we should simply imagine joke; a long joke that's being continually retold in an accent too thick and too strange to ever be completely understood. Life is that joke my friends.

16. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

"And in the End, the Love you take - is Equal to the Love you make" The BeaTles = Wise Words

17. wyldwynd

Learning never exhausts the mind.

Leonardo da Vinci

1 person likes this.
  18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

" When knowledge is desired, a teacher will appear."--Castenada.

1 person likes this.
  19. scarlet skies

scarlet skies Guest

Yay! I love quotes. I collect them, and images, on my tumblr. My little hobby :)

Here is a favorite for today: "
    A little less assurance that you know it all, and a little more willingness to continue the search, to acknowledge that there may be something you do not know - could change everything. The call to humility is a call to glory"
    .Neale Donald Walsch

20. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

see the waves ripple, as you throw a pebble into the stream

a flower does not know how far it scent reaches

me

1 person likes this.