60 million!

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by scratcho, Jan 3, 2018.

1. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

And they can all smoke the juju now. California says fuck you to law & order Jeff Sessions! Maybe my OLD republican friends will now loosen up a little!!

MeAgain and ZenKarma like this.
  2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Is this about legalization of weed in CA?

Still can't buy it yet

3. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I thought that as of the first--it's smoke ém if you got ém. My home town will NEVER allow it. There's a huge navy base just out of town.

4. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Yes indeed legalization is here and Wow it's off to a stoney start... even the computer system that supposedly tracks every thing from seed to sales is stoned out, broken and needs fixing.

But cheers to everyone in California! Some are going to cash in and become millionaires many times over, others will pauper themselves buying the stuff...the taxes are very 'high' indeed.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I buy illegal weed in a legal country. Nobody gone tell me what to smoke!

ZenKarma likes this.
  6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Your'e Such A "Rebel" Irm......:smiley:

Cheers Glen.

ZenKarma likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I know. :innocent:

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

My country?? Watcha mean? I buy legal weed (its legal once in the coffeeshop, but illegally grown..) in a legal country. Well, legal to buy and smoke.

Anyway, one of the common disadvantages of illegal weed from a dealer (or even a lot of coffeeshops) is nobody CAN even tell you with certainty what you're gonna smoke

ZenKarma likes this.
  9. Noserider

Yeah. Sure. Smoke em if you got em. But if you don't got em you can't buy em yet.

Dispensaries have to apply for a separate license to sell for recreational use. They are thinking the beginning of February at the earliest, before those licenses are granted. Also, 25%--20goddamn5%--tax for recreational use.

Who can afford this?

soulcompromise likes this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I am good friends with the guy that grows it. I even look after it a few weekends a year. :)

11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

But you said its from a legal country. So he's not from your country?

Still... I want it to be legal here to grow commercially so not just you and me knows, but everyone can know for certain when they buy some weed. It's rather ridiculous its legally sold but can not be checked.

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Medical is legal where I live we even have a distributor outlet in this little town. :) I have a medical card because of my back and eyes. Hence making weed legal here but I choose to buy illegal, because of the rebel factor.

13. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I guess it depends on if the cost + tax still comes out cheaper than the black market rate

I think the standard black market rate here is $60 an eighth. I havent bought it in a long time though so I dunno if that's standard anymore actually...but it was for a long time

So I wonder how that price compares to states that have legalized it recreationally

14. Noserider

No clue. I've never bought any. Even the handful of times I smoked, it was with other people and it was their pot.

I guess the legal market can only be cheaper or same price. If it is more expensive, than the black market continues to have a reason to exist.

15. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Other people's weed. Ohhh you're one of those people ay. :p

16. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Republicans: we are for state’s rights! A small federal government that don’t intrude on state policy.

Also republicans: We must crack down on states with medical and recreational marijuana!

neoprene_queen likes this.
  17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The weed war is over. If they wanted to stop it they needed to do this 10-15 years ago. All this talk of now coming after legal states is a joke. A non-issue that will distract from Russia and other things like that. When people are turning on each other over something that grows in the ground they forget. Now the Trump administration has a "victory" to campaign on in 2020. A victory that they will easily tie to Mexican cartels and walls.

Nixon went after weed hard because the people who smoked it tended to not like him. He can't outlaw protest but he can outlaw the way a protester relaxes. Let's be honest the kind of person who smokes is often not a pro-Trump type. Sure some Republicans smoke but to many it's still the devil's plant.

18. Noserider

I prefer my alcohol.

19. Noserider

This hypocrisy upsets me.

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

But do you prefer Your alcohol, or other people's alcohol? :p