2019 Resolutions

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Ashalicious, Dec 11, 2018.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i've always thought this formality of 'resolutions' was a way to make things more difficult for yourself.
    at least for me, my subconscous is so rebelious, this is something i've always had a problem with.

if i want to do something, change something, accomplish anything, i mostly have to kind of sneak up on it.
    things that i know will make me happy, that i enjoy doing, these, that's how i get anything done.

so for me, the whole resolution thing is a really bad idea.

i did make one once, the kind of final resolution,
    i made a resolution that i would never make resolutions,
    and that one, i've had no trouble keeping ever since.

tumbling.dice likes this.
  2. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

- To Get in Better Shape

3. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

My New Year's (to do's) resolutions are:

To live a Minimalistic lifestyle
    (I'm so done possessing meaningless stuff)

To spend more of my time and resources helping others.

To find that special lady friend, have a committed monogamous relationship with.

My New Year's (NOT to do's) resolutions are:

Not going to ignore my health anymore.

Not doing anymore home improvements (I'm done with drywall dust all over my toothbrush......for a long time)

Not having to use so many cuss words.

4. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... Fuck that.

5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Technically I don't have a resolution, but I'd like to lose around say ten pounds by Easter. That will make about one year since I started my dieting/seeing the dietitian. I was 206 lbs. and now I'm around 186 lbs. So that's about 20 lbs. so far and another ten would make 30.

Ashalicious likes this.
  6. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

I never make resolutions. I feel too disappointed with myself if I don't do them. I just hope for the best every year.

Driftrue likes this.
  7. snowtiggernd

snowtiggernd Member

I don't do resolutions.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  8. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

I don't make resolutions either. The only thing i need to do is stay focus and keep doing what i'm doing. That's it.

McFuddy likes this.
  9. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I'm the opposite, I find having a specific starting date for something makes me determined enough to see something through to the end.
    And Jan 1 is a great starting date. It's always a quiet, meditative day, the distractions of the holidays are behind you ..it's a good day for getting your mind right and preparing for the tasks at hand

10. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

What's your plan for finding a new lady friend Pete?

11. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

First plan is to attend live music venues, approach a girl and ask her to dance with me. I'll show her some fun dance moves, get her to laugh, smile and have a great time with me.

Second plan is meet a girl who rides her own motorcycle at one of numerous motorcycles ride events during the spring, summer and fall.

Third plan is to venture out to the dog parks with my 4 golden retrievers, meet a girl and her best friend she's with.

Fourth plan is hopefully not needing a dating site.

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I used to hit up the dog park when I was single in hopes of meeting someone lol. There was a cute guy who was there quite a few times when I was there but I never knew how to approach him. Our leashes never tangled together because life isnt a romantic comedy.

Those all seem like nice ways of meeting someone, Pete. Real ways of meeting a real person. There's something a little forced and fake about meeting someone online through dating sites, like everyone is putting on a front to appear better than they are. Whereas you'll see someone's true self when you meet them while they're doing something they really enjoy

13. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

I've actually already started some of my reading for January 2019. My plan is to hit the ground running.

I want to be as thrifty as possible. Continue buying second hand whenever I can.

I also want to produce less household waste. My plan for this is to compost as much as possible and recycle more. It is so easy to produce mass amounts of household garbage. I hate that. No more sushi delivery. If I can, I'll go pick it up and bring my own containers.

eggsprog likes this.
  14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I resolve to dissolve and absolve myself of all guilt-trips and care for the world whilst staying within the law and not hurting anyone.

Because I just can't fucking take anymore.

Of this bullshit 24/7 global media wind-up machine.

Terminal care fatigue has set in for Winter.

15. Ashalicious

I wish I could be one of those people who avoids the news, but my curiosity gets the better of me.

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I have one. :)
    I'm going to read more books. But not the one I bought for Xmas because it isn't here yet :sob:

Ashalicious likes this.
  17. Ashalicious

Less Facebook, more real books.

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

of course, the problem is that some of us really enjoy avoiding other people.

19. NoHobo

NoHobo Members

Read less, spend more time on the internet, quit exercising, get fired, develop an addiction, poop on a prostitute.

You know, the usual...

20. Ashalicious

Getting fired will be fun.

21. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

So......I Guess Nothing In Your Life Has Changed Since Your 2018 Resolutions....Huh...???..:D

Cheers Glen.

Tyrsonswood and Irminsul like this.