2018 Pride

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by Noserider, Jun 1, 2018.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I haven't been to pride in years.

But two things have changed for this year. One, my sister is coming to visit the same weekend as pride and despite being straight she says she really wants to go. Two, I just dealt with the typical gay backlash since the internet decided to remind bigots that June is gay pride month, and it reminded me how much I still have to celebrate.

Here's the thing...I don't care if you're straight. But if you're straight and anti-gay, it makes me want to be gay all over the place. Like, leaving a slimy trail of gay everywhere I walk like a snail slithering across the beach. I the more the haters hate, the louder I want to shout.

I thought I outgrew this shit, but you know what? There are people out there who think our celebrations and relationships should be criminalized. For you, I will make love to my woman, drape myself in a rainbow flag, and watch girls' sports.

Stand up, queers. It's our month!

[​IMG]

Fred64, YouFreeMe, GLENGLEN and 3 others like this.
  2. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm hoping to go to the one in West Hollywood next week. It is a big deal in Southern California.

3. Noserider

LOL Pride weekend and Halloween suck if you live in WeHo

4. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What if you are gay and totally intolerant of non hot guys?

I havent been to the actual parade in donkeys years, too many "gay" guys that look like Patton Oswalt in leather chaps with their fat bits showing

Too many annoying chics like your sister celebrating diversity for a whole weekend that want to hug and shit, I will do a Jerry Seinfeld, hands up, yeah, no thanks I'm good ;)

The after party on the other hand, thats where all the hot guys are

Yeah, I know, I'm a douche

5. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

In the 3 years since I came out, I've been to probably around 10 different Prides in different locations lol the last time I went was right after the Pulse shooting. I felt I should, since I live in Florida. I didn't know anyone who died but one of my friends did and I wanted to show support.

But overall I feel like pride is catered mostly to gay men more than anyone else. At least here anyway. I'm kind of over it for now, but I'll attend again someday I'm sure.

6. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

what happens on halloween?

7. Noserider

A big pain in the ass carnival. Basically the world's largest Halloween party.

8. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

I'd love to participate.

Can I wear this shirt?

[​IMG]

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

in theory, i think i would enjoy the world's largest halloween party. although i could see it being made into something obnoxious, if the wrong people are involved.

10. IAmMaxieHearMeRoar

IAmMaxieHearMeRoar Maxie Lee Courtland-Colton

Never knew there was a pride month. I feel like a bad lesbian lol

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

No point really, you are with your partner, you dont have to prove anything to anyone

12. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Well it's not being officially recognized as pride month anymore, so I'm sure more people forget about it. But I don't need anyone to tell me what time to celebrate. I used to be super into being as gay as I could be. Now I just keep my HRC sticker on the car, and live my life.

However, if among uber conservatives I know, I gay it up a little just to make them as uncomfortable as they make me. I wouldn't do it without provocation. If you're going to talk about how gay people are disgusting in front of me, I'm going to wear my Girls Who Kiss Girls shirt in front of you without giving a single solitary fuck.