2 moons on 27 Aug 2006

Discussion in 'Astrology' started by wyldwynd, Aug 2, 2006.

1. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

2 moons on 27 Aug 2006

Planet Mars will be the brightest in the night sky starting August.

It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. This will
    cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles of earth. Be

sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am. It will look like the earth

has 2 moons. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.

My aunt sent me this info~ thought i would pass it along~ Peace

2. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Wow, sounds awesome. Thanks for posting this!

That's my birthdaaaay :D

3. Boogabaah

Boogabaah I am not here

Comments: Mostly true -- in 2003, that is, when this message was first composed and circulated via email. It was not true when the identical text circulated again in 2005, nor when it reappeared in 2006. The event has come and gone.

On August 27, 2003, the orbital paths of Earth and Mars brought them to within 34.65 million miles of one another -- closer than at any other time in the past 50,000 years. Though Mars never actually appeared "as large as the full moon to the naked eye," the red planet did vividly dominate the night sky for a time, making 2003's "close encounter" a spectacular, "once in a lifetime" event indeed for astronomers, space enthusiasts, and ordinary observers alike

4. Nalencer

Nalencer Dig Yourself

So we won't be seeing it this year? Too bad...

5. trekker

trekker Intrepid Traveler

I rember hearing about that a few years ago. I was wondering then if it would indicate a time of war in the world. 1993 was the year of the beginning of the Iraq war. Mars is the planet that rules agression and war. Very facinating.

6. kalsolar

kalsolar Member

This mars / moon thing is sadly a hoax.

Physically, Mars is about twice the size of the Moon. But even at best it’s more than 140 times farther away, so it appears — again, at best — about 1/70th as big as the Moon.
    Oh — on August 27th, 2006, Mars will be about as far away as it can be, since it’s on the other side of the Sun from us right now. So it’ll be invisible for all practical purposes, lost in the glare.

So there you go. If you’re looking for a giant Mars looming above you in the sky, you’ll have to wait until you can buy a ticket and go there

P.S.
    (mars acually came its closest to earth 3 years ago and just looked like a reddish bright star. It won't be that close again for another 60,000 years!)