1000 lakes

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by yohonis, Jan 26, 2005.

1. yohonis

yohonis Member

Does anybody have any info on this. My friend just brought it up to me the otehr day and it sounds likea good idea.

2. bathtubgin420

bathtubgin420 Member

just for future reference its 10,000 lakes festival. its in july, its in detroit lakes, minnesota. last years was a blast this years should be as well

http://www.10000lakesfestival.com

3. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

from the rumors I hear floating around the detroit lakes area, this years line up is going to be really really good. and this crowd isn't as sold out as bonnaroo, and the camping is set up way better

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

Turnout was low last year because of Phish. Should be bigger this year.

5. plainjanepatchwork

plainjanepatchwork Member

I was there last year. I really wish I went the first year. The way they scheduled the line-up kind of stunk but hopefully they have things worked out for this year. It is a really pretty spot. There is actually flushing toilets near the concert area :) The little things make me happy. It is over July 4th weekend but I haven't heard about any bands yet.

6. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

flushing tiolets? WOW!!!!

7. mimosa

mimosa Banned

I've heard the same, lots of good rumors, and they say the sets won't be as short this year as last year. I didn't go last year, only the first year (which was awesome), but heard even SCI was limited last year to only 1-1/2 hours (boo). This year I think they learned a lot about what "we" want. Visit the message boards at the website (posted above) and EXPRESS YOURSELF. It is a very beautiful venue, and real bathrooms add a lot to the charm for us ladies, believe me. I think they have showers too. :)

8. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

I totally agree, it really is a beautiful place with the hills and all the tree's, and I think there are lakes on two sides of it? I'm really looking forward to it this year.

9. wrine420

wrine420 Member

Im so down

10. mimosa

mimosa Banned

They just announced the dates: July 21-24.

I had planned on July 4th weekend like before. so I hope the lineup sucks if I can't make it....no not really ;) , I wouldn't wish that on you all... but damn!!!

11. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

I just found this in my email from the 10klf website (probably old news though):

The announcement with 10KLF artists, ticket prices and on-sale dates
    will be coming in mid-February, as we are currently putting the final
    touches on the talent lineup. This will be the best 10,000 Lakes
    Festival yet.

12. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

let me know who's going! I want to meet a bunch of people this year!

13. yohonis

yohonis Member

im there

14. plainjanepatchwork

Whoo hoo! The first line up announcement was not bad at all :) Two nights of Widespread Panic and one night of Trey. They are totally making up for last year! Can't wait to see the rest of the line up.

15. erowid

erowid Member

that thing was awesome last year, the only people getting in trouble were the dumb basterds that were trying to sell whip-its.

16. jahblazin

jahblazin Member

Looks like I'll be there. I can't pass up a night of Trey.

Only thing I'm worried about is the scene. A guy from a listserve I belong to said it has the shadiest shakedown he's ever seen. Anyone confirm or refute this? Me and my caravan really need to know.

17. plainjanepatchwork

Yes last year it was sketchy. I did not go the first year and it looks like this fest is shaping up to look more like the first year. I had a vending booth inside by the stages. I had things stolen from me. I have never had anything stolen from me at any other shows I have vended at. A guy we were with had his sweatshirt stolen as he stood beside it. It was pretty chilly at night too. I try not to let that get me down. Can't let a few bad apples spoil the bunch. I did meet a ton of kynd kids there too. I wouldn't let the sketchy people scare you off. Just have to be a little more cautious. Hopefully it was those shady John Mayor fans that were the cause of the problem and hopefully he won't be back again ;)

18. jahblazin

jahblazin Member

John Mayor...that explains it.
    Trey's posse will take care of any of the Mayor negativity still hanging in the ether ;)

19. DrDooblittle

DrDooblittle Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

you will probably see me there!!! i dont know for sure yet but i will know in about two days!

20. rift

rift Member

see you all there, word is the festival is getting there stuff together and it is gunna be a great show. 110 bucks though, better start saving up