10 Days To Live?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by ScrubPuppy, Aug 16, 2014.

1. littlelegs

littlelegs Members

Soon as I found out id break up with my boyfriend so hopefully he would move on straight away so I could see him happy and make sure he'd be ok when I went
    Id visit all my family and give them all a grand each
    Then on the last day id go to the park where me and my boyfriend had our first date and carve our names in a tree then sit next to the tree and sleep till it was all over

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i would think it must not be too serious of a relationship if he can move on and be happy in 10 days.

3. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

So now one has really mentioned sex yet?

10 days to live and sex doesnt rate a mention?

Id just spend ten days trying ti hook up with every hot guy i could find

......so nothing all that different to now ;)

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

meditate. ten days really isn't long enough to accomplish any more then any other ten days would have been. isn't even long enough for things i would otherwise spend the money on to arrive.
    eat well and, if physically possible, travel, because why not. but not in a frenzied manor either. but to savor everything. go to beautiful places. ride through them alone or with complete strangers.
    i wouldn't completely rely on the diagnoses either. maybe i'll be dead and maybe i won't. just enjoy as best i can what there is.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well, yes and no. there is the nothing-to-lose effect after all, if there's no future to preserve.

6. littlelegs

littlelegs Members

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think the dumbest thing to do, would be to run around crazy, trying to do all the things you hadn't done, because you were too scarred, too lazy, or they were against the law.
    you'd probably turn your ten days into five, if not three or two. unless of course that's what you wanted.
    i just can't see that myself.
    odds aren't really that good that you actually be able to do all of them, even if you accepted the proposition of spending the last nine of them in straight jacket inside a room with rubber walls.
    ten days is long enough to do more then sleep and meditate of course, unless you were strapped down in a hospital be, which the odds are you would be.
    but only if you carefully and calmly tend them, and then savor what enjoyment you can squeeze out of them.
    and i don't thing the bast way to do that, would be to attempt to do multiple things you moat likely have no idea how to go about.
    i would spend them in such simple pleasures as would already be comfortably familiar to me.
    for many people that would be with people they know,
    but for me, that would be preferably alone.
    and i would spend a lot of that time, sleeping and meditating, and also fantacizing about the kind of world i would like there to be.
    and if possible you know, creating the kind of illustrations i do, of it.

(most of which is, of course, pretty much as i spend any other ten days now)

8. QueerPoet

QueerPoet Senior Member

"Tomorrow never happens, man. It's all the same fucking day." Janis Joplin

1 person likes this.
  9. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

I'd prove the doctors wrong, and go on a skydiving trip without a shoot in die in less than 10 days.

10. littlelegs

littlelegs Members

11. Sleeping Caterpillar

12. I go to the poorest place I can find and start hangin' with the chitlens. By which I mean children. Maybe if I can't do anything else I buy the poor fellas a few Porsches. The automobiles will remind them of me when I'm dead, and hopefully they can drive.

13. Sleeping Caterpillar

I'd assassinate all world leaders alphabetically, starting with alah god of sand

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there are so many 'except that' s to that, i'd sure be interested to watch to see just what you did try to do. about the last one that is. of sand?

15. HackySackBoy

HackySackBoy Members

I know a great music video (“Kill Me” by “Make The Girl Dance”) with almost exactly the same topic: check out what these two french DJ’s would do with 8 days left to live and 30.000 dollars in cash :)

16. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

The only thing i can foresee myself doing or in this case not doing is not showing up to work. Everything else would be questionable and would most likely depend on whatever the hell i feel like doing.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i feel like if i had 10 days to live, i might show up to work once and tell a few people how i really feel...

18. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

Luckily i don't have any issues with anyone i work with. Though i'm pretty sure some of them have issues with me.

19. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I've actually thought of this question seriously lately, for whatever reason

In my purely hypoethetical fantasy world i would travel the world, do a bucket list, blah blah

In real life i think i would just want to sit still for a while with everyone i love

1 person likes this.
  20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

not much i'd expect to be able to do in 10 days i haven't already done in 68.
    so i'd just go on, the same as any other 10 days.

1 person likes this.