Cryptography

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Deleted member 17362, Jun 18, 2005.

1. cryptography\cryptology have always fascinated me, from enigma to indigo, I figured this was the best place to discuss cryptograms (as they are technology) be they cutting edge or anachronistic

my favorite are ww2 machine ciphers......

2. fat_tony

fat_tony Member

quantum cryptography owns, especially now it can be done practically over fivre optics lines using conventional protocols

3. yeah, but don't you have to appreciate the archane methods, sure they're instantly breakable.... but they're so interesting.....

4. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

5. fat_tony

fat_tony Member

strange, I dont live all that far from Bletchly Park, never been though. The Enigma story is quite interesting, more from a military perspective I think.

6. yeah.... alan turing got fucked up the ass for being involved in fucking up the ass...... after the fucker was an integral part in saving the world

enigma woulda been perfect too if a letter could have encoded as itself..... the bombe wouldn't have been able to beat it

and in britain are you really all that far from anything? I mean your nation is smaller than my state if I read my map right, perhaps it's just a perspective thing......

you definitly have way the hell more stuff......

7. fat_tony

fat_tony Member

I guess by American standards then in Britain nothing is very far. But I do live within about 30 miles id guess. Not right next door I guess but given my interestes possibly close enough.

8. Mr MiGu

Mr MiGu King of the Zombies

i find cryptography very interesting, moreso curent methods than those of the past
    i actually just took a course in it, and it ended up being my highest mark
    i managed to write a paper on the number field seive, which was way over my head, and getting an A on it :)

9. shaggie

shaggie Senior Member

10. binary shift..... ooh it's sexy.....

I like some of the mythos surrounding the breaking of indigo too...

and then the old book codes like benedict arnold used, those are just cool.....