Are You A Nudist?

Discussion in 'Nudism, Naturism' started by Nathan11, Jun 9, 2004.

?

Are you a nudist?

1. Yes sir/ma'am...

26 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. Um, no...

207 vote(s)
    65.9%
  3. Occasionally...

81 vote(s)
    25.8%
  1. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I have been wondering how many people are nudists out there...

2. peacefuljeffrey

peacefuljeffrey Senior Member

I answered "occasionally," and have my doubts about the number who said, "Yes." Wouldn't a "yes," as opposed to an "occasionally," imply that one regularly spends time nude -- in activities and venues where most people are wearing clothes?

I mean, at this very moment I'm in my living room, on the couch, nude. I love to be nude. I enjoy it a lot. I would go around my landlady's property and up the street, etc., nude if it were legal, a whole lot less bizarre, and a whole lot more socially accepted. I'd skydive nude (not that people don't already do that, and I plan to eventually when I get the chance), and I'd rollerblade nude. I'd certainly lie on the beach and swim nude. But for now I'm restrained to simply going around the house nude -- and even though I could, I don't do that all the time. So I can't call myself a "nudist" in the strictest sense of the word. A better question might have been, "Do you enjoy nudism?"

Blue skies,
    -Jeffrey

3. squawkers7

squawkers7 radical rebel

My cousin got a surprise yesterday, she went to an older couples home and when she got there, the 70-something husband was outside mowing his huge lawn in the nude. He got embarrased when he realized he had company and ran around to the back of the house. His wife laughed and asked him if he got "caught" again. So I'll assume it is a normal thing for him to do yard work in the nude. I also have another cousin who belongs to a nudist/naturalist group and they are going hiking this coming weekend (yes nude hiking) somewhere in northern NH. He has a sign at the beginning of his driveway telling you to enter at your own risk cuz a nudist lives there.

4. angel_wings

angel_wings Member

I answered yes, even though the only place I go nude is at home and in my back yard... i still think of myself as a nudist even though i don't go to nude beaches or whatever (not through choice, theres just none nearby that I can go to) - i prefer to be nude than clothed, so that makes me a nudist i think.

5. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

I can't say I'm much of a nudist. I do sleep nude occasionally, but I can't walk around my apartment nude often because I live with two other people.

6. Sage-Phoenix

Sage-Phoenix Imagine

I'm an occasional nudist. Quite happy to sleep naked and have no issues with stripping off in front of anyone in particular (Least I've got the figure for it) but don't do anything hardcore. Never really felt the urge and can imagine the difficulties explaining it to my family.

TTFN
    Sage

7. SummerNymphO

SummerNymphO Member

I have been nude riding on a Harley. I run about the house nude when I can. I sunbathe nude next to a pond or anywhere else I am able to, respectfully. I have hiked nude and camped nude. I sleep in the nude(summertime) and yes, I make love in the nude too (rofpmpl)!! :rolleyes: there goes my sarcasism again! giggle

8. hawkrider

hawkrider Member

:sunglasse On a Harley,too....bet that was a thrill!
    When I sail is when I really enjoy the 'buff', or snorkling, or kayaking. Oh, let's just face it, it's nice to be out there doing about anything fun in the nude.

9. Noclothesneeded

Noclothesneeded Member

My nude hike that was mentioned earlier in one of these post was cancelled so I went to a nudist resort for the day, decided to spent the night there as well. Yes I am a naturist, which means I enjoy being nude in nature more than with a crowded reosort. Last yr I spent about 60 hours hiking nude and I have already spent more than that this yr. when I come home from working the clothes are removed and put away and not brought out again until I head for work in the morning. take this past weekend for example, I returned from work then bank on friday about 4 worked on a friends car till about 6 and then removed clothes, did not put them on again until this morning at 7;45. Excuse me I forgot I put shorts and Tshort at store in town to fill gas tank, removed them when under way. drove to and from resort with clothes on seat beside me, a total 364 miles. so I believe that qualifies me as a nudist naturist or whatever. By the way, at cruising speeds, or anything above 35 you cannot tell what a person is where below window sill hieght anyways. spent 2 years trying and researching.

10. Bro_Rific

Bro_Rific Banned

I'm nude sometimes but it can get a little uncomfortable, so then I will put on my grape smuggler for support!

11. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Yes, yes I am and my nudist camp is Lake Bronson and we are hosting Seattle's Burning Man, Critical Mass, in two weeks. Come and check it out!! www.lakebronson.com If anybody wants, I will post directions and instructions.

12. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

wow tara... i went to that site. that place sounds WONDERFUL!

13. TARABELLE

It really is! Come by anytime!

14. interval_illusion

man, i would....except i live on the east coast (pa). :(

15. TARABELLE

It's been there for 66 years, I think it will be whenever you can find time to visit the Beautiful Pacific Northwest. And if ever you do, I will personally try to make sure you have a good time. Be seeing ya. [​IMG]

16. interval_illusion

yay! well, i was planning on reading out that way in the next two to three years for sure cause there is so much in that area that i would like to see......

17. Amontillado

Amontillado Member extraordinaire HipForums Supporter

What's Lake Bronson's policy on singles? A fair number of clubs won't let you in the door unless you're there with a partner of the opposite sex.

18. TARABELLE

Oh, they will let you in to visit, I'm sure. You can't become a member if you're a single man without a trial period. But then you're allowed. We have lots of singles. I'm sorry to say, I don't think that the trial period applies to the single ladies, kinda sexist, I know.

19. monosphere

monosphere Holly's Hubby

I'm just suprised that something good has come out of Snohomish County! I might haev to check it out sometime in the near future.