Jeans

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Fun_Love, Apr 26, 2005.

1. Fun_Love

Fun_Love Member

i'm gettin a little too carried away with side panels, everything i own will have side panels soon if i don't stop lol. Any ideas what else i could do to my pants? or any other clothes??? Already made an apron top.

2. LostCove

LostCove Member

cool pants

3. greengoddess

greengoddess Nature Freak!

oh I love those!
    sorry I don't have any ideas I don't do much with my jeans.

4. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

Make em into skirts, just rip out the inner seams on the legs and the rest is history. :)

5. Natural_mystic19

Natural_mystic19 Member

Does that make your pants super huge if you do that?

I wanna do some panels in mine but im scared that they'll be too big

6. Elle

Elle Senior Member

Instead of doing full on sidepanels you could always cut a couple of holes in them somewhere and then patch up the holes. I'm going to be doing that to one of my jeans with some rainbow color patchys.

7. anastasia

anastasia Member

embroider on the back pockets. or draw/write something along the back underneath the belt loops or down the sides. put ribbons around the bottoms, decorate the belt loops with ribbon. or you could make a sarong or a purse.

8. ydnim

ydnim hiya

9. Fun_Love

Fun_Love Member

Those jeans all of a sudden became to small...i must have gotten bigger...lol! so adding the side panels didn't make them that much bigger. So just try to find some jeans that don't fit as well as they used too!

10. Natural_mystic19

Natural_mystic19 Member

aw man i got a ton of pairs that are too small now.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

11. The Chemical Comrade

The Chemical Comrade Member

I did this cool thing where I put 3 spikes on the thick part of the pockets, just where they end, so they were evenly spaced, and then found some swirly fabric and made them bell bottoms. It worked especially well since they were carpenter pants and nobody else has bellbottoms with spikes and a hammer loop.
    Do something that you think will look really dumb and if it still looks dumb just carry it well and it'll suddenly become awesome.

12. AlukaSun

AlukaSun Member

you could get some coloured fabric paints or puff paints and just go crazy.Paint pictures,words,designs..anything!

13. Faerie

Faerie Peachy

There very nice!!!

14. mrsmorrison27

mrsmorrison27 yoda piss

try embroidering things on the bottom or on the back pockets. or, put those beads that come on the ribbon on the bottom, or decortate them with hemph.

15. apple seed

apple seed Member

you could try patches. like flowers and pussys and stuff.

16. ElChivato

ElChivato SeNioR MeMBeR

i think u should make them into skirts and embroider or patch on little flowers and such.

17. naturegoddess69

naturegoddess69 Member

Those pants are so awesome! I put panels in on the sides to make them more flared. I sldo deconstruct them and make them into skirts.

18. gdhmomchild

gdhmomchild Duct tape abuser

crapdamnitshit!!

I finally, FINALLY, went thru and tossed out clothes I didnt want that I've been hanging on to....now I see wtf I coulda done with the jeans.....now this is why I have a hard time tossing shit out ever!! I just tossed em less than a month ago too...grrrrr!! Loving the pants.

19. lucyinthesky

lucyinthesky Tie Dyed Soul

yup, that's what im excited about hehe. i have like 10 pairs of jeans that my fat ass can't squeeze into anymore. size panels WOOHOO!!! i just hate sewing denim cuz my needles always break and its just so thick and annoying.

20. wilddaisy69

wilddaisy69 Member

I love those pants.If your sick of side panels like that though, how about trying total patchwork pants,you could do them in different, colours and material. Or you can stay away from the patch work and just do embroidery. I really love those pants though. You can also add some cord patches too,if you have old cords.hope you have plenty of ideas now.have fun, and good luck and do not get rid of those kick ass pants. peace.