I've lost my sense of life

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Szymek, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Szymek

Szymek Member

I've lost my sense of life. I don't know why am i living, cause my life is really empty. Sometimes (once for 2 weeks) i smoke cannabis and i forget about a sence for a while. Maybe it's caused by my loneliness. When i think about my future or nowadays it makes me really sad,

stay cool honeys

2. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

find your happy place..........you can do it.

3. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

"Free- your- mind".....no, seriously- I have been there.. but reviving my old hobbies has given me now more than I can handle....relaxing drugs may make you satisfied doing nothing, but eventually you need to balance it with some form of creativity.

4. Szymek

Szymek Member

I'm trying to draw something, it makes me free. I'm playing the guitar, flute, but i really don't see the sense of it. but goot point, i'm going to find my place and i'll try get a hobby :)

5. ~*starfucker

~*starfucker Member

that's why i started to smoke pot so often. once i was high pretty much for three days in a row. other than that i was high all day every other day or two. i felt like there was absolutely no reason for me to be alive, but smoking made me feel happy and content about whatever i did. it also made me forget about life for awhile and like, enjoy myself at that time. but right now when things are the most hectic, i can't smoke...it really sucks but i think i'm learning to be happy even though my life sucks ^_^
    good luck to you too

6. scarlettchasingroses

scarlettchasingroses strawberry tart

thanks for the link....i especially liked this quote at the bottom of the page....

"When deluded, one is called an ordinary being, but when enlightened, one is called a Buddha. This is similar to a tarnished mirror that will shine like a jewel when polished. A mind now clouded by the illusions of the innate darkness of life is like a tarnished mirror, but when polished, it is sure to become like a clear mirror, reflecting the essential nature of phenomena and the true aspect of reality. Arouse deep faith, and diligently polish your mirror day and night. How should you polish it? Only by chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo."

7. Szymek

Szymek Member

I'll try Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. I'm meditating everyday, it makes me like after pot, calm and concentrated. This mantra has good sound :). I think I got another reason for my "manic depression". There is winter in my country... no leaves, no flowers, no sun... it can make me sad.

8. Heaven

Heaven Senior Member

i know your feelings, but remind: are you really lonely? what about family or friends? i haven`t been in a relationship for a long time now and i am feeling lonely sometimes, too. But then i am going out and having fun and it really works. Push up your self-confidence by other thing you are good at or people like at you. Smoking is ok from time to time, but is no alternative.
    Love & Peace. S.

9. dirty worms

dirty worms Member

I've been in your shoes. it dose suck. you'll probley get better. I did.
    I had nothing.and a small family few friends no car no job no money.

liveing on the streets not living helthy wieght at 260 and I just wanted to die.
    but pot and with the help of family and my dog and cats got me thrue it.
    now I have a job and friends and I am helthyer.I lost 100 lbs.and most of all I feel better about my self.

10. smlchance

smlchance Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

the thing is, sometimes ppl get so uninterested in life that it is less than uselss to tell them "get a hobby" or "cheer yourself up". If you can do it great, if you can't you simply can't. Lots of ppl who think "it's all in your mind" try to give you advice but have no f'n idea what they are talking about.

I went for about 4 years where the ONLY thing I wanted every day was to be dead. No reason. I've been very lucky in life but this depression didn't need an excuse. Ended up losing my job, aprtment, everything. Also came very close to losing my life.

Depression is a very serious illness. Good luck.

11. Szymek

Szymek Member

I don't know if it is a depression. I think it's a soft depression, cause i live in hope that life will be better maybe in the future. I can live with that thoughts, but ir makes me really sad, and I don't want to do anything... I'll try to seek mp3 of this chant, i'm really interested in the buddhism and parapsychology. I'm looking for a reiki teacher in my town cause I'm going to make 1st and 2nd level of it. I would like to help people :)

12. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Find out about your past lives. Usually that sense of confusion comes from not knowing
    who you were and why you are oing through what you are going through in this life. I found out only last night, and it does put everything in perspective.

13. Szymek

Szymek Member

I asked a woman from Poland to tell me that, I knew that she knew who i was in the past. She said that she couldn't tell me. I'll try to find it out :)

14. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

I hope that your situation turns out okay.

I have had that thought before, but not for much more than a few minutes, because I realize that I have only one life as the person I am, one life to be who I am, and I should take advantage of having this opportunity of living in this very body, and enjoy myself and do as much as I can.

Of course what happens after death is known by nobody, so why not try and take advantage of this life- there are so many possibilities...you can do so many things.

Right now, you could be sitting here reading this, or you could be outside biking, or eating your favorite food, or running outside, or walking in the woods, or be travelling on an airplane, or be running around naked, or be having sex, or be singing to your favorite song, or be hugging someone you love, or playing an instrument, or swimming, or ice skating, or running through a field, or drawing something, or playing a sport, or sleeping, or watching a movie, or calling someone, or laughing, or jumping on a tramopline, or helping someone out in need, or standing up for someone, or painting a picture, or cooking a meal, or writing something, or playing with a dog, or stretching, or working out, or smiling, or thinking about your favorite story.

And those are just a FEW FEW FEW of the possibilties. Do you understand what I am saying? There are so many possibilties of what you can do in this life, and while you have the chance you should make sure you do these things...

Success is another issue that is argued about. In Eastern philosophy, the general idea is that happiness and success come from the inside, and out. In Western philosoiphy, the general idea is usually that happiness and success are influenced by outside forces. I believe, at this point in my life, in Eastern philosophy. You can never be truly happy with the world around you, if you arent happy with yourself. For me, being happy with myself has sprouted from my belief that every single person on this planet is EXACTLY the same, but have just gone through different experiences to change them. We are ALL connected, we are one. When I think of it that way, all need for ego dissolves, and when one is free from their ego, the possibilities are endless.

How do you become free of you ego (jeez this is going on long). Well, in short, by making sure that you NEVER EVER judge anyone else, and if you are in your head, then make sure you DONT say it, because that will continue the pattern. If you try to make it a habit of NOT gossiping, then you will eventually begin to feel happy around everyone. You will have much more self confidence and courage, and you'll feel much more free. For more information, I HIGHLY reccomend the book "Handbook to Higher Consciousness".

Sorry, that was LONG. Hope this helps, if you want, you can private message me if you need.
    Cheers,
    Dylan

15. Szymek

Szymek Member

I never gossip, sometimes (but really rare) I judge somebody, but only when I talk to him. My problem is not with that I don't know what to do, but it is that everything doesn,t make sense to me :( I thank you for a long post, It was really nice to read it. I'll try some ideas.

Cheers honeys

16. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

This planet is not what many assume it is...no one here is happy, only less miserable.

17. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

so you feel like you weren't made for this era...you belong somewhere else..you dont understand people these days. and you will never fit in...and you feel like perhaps a past life could have something to do with this?
    the things other people are caught up in you have to pretend to be concerned by if you want to fit in....it seems so trivial..where is your place in the world?

is all that how you feel?

18. forest_pixie84

forest_pixie84 Senior Member

I'm reminded of some profound words by a 6 foot tall garden variety cat in a magic hat, "life's what you make it, so have fun, Fun, FUN!"

19. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

you're fifteen. its normal.

20. clockworkorangeagain

clockworkorangeagain femme fatale

i dont think all fifteen yr olds are like that..i mean teenaged yrs are angsty..but not all of them feel dislocated from the world completely..

and i dont htink he wants to hear he is normal... not that i can read his mind or anything....