Hippy Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by NatureFreak412, Jan 20, 2005.

1. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

I need a hippy girlfriend, but I cant find any hippie girls in Alabama. That blows to, I am sick of the same ol same ol. Yeah.

All the girls around here are like rednecks or real slutty, and I dont like neither. It gets old man. I really want a nice decent girl. They seem hard to find now adays, and a hippie would be a bonus.

2. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I suggest going to some cool concert or festival. That's the BEST place to meet people. Or maybe you could find someone here on the forums to get to know and meet up with them this summer or something.

If you hold out for that special hippie chick, she'll find you!

3. NatureFreak412

Yeah you are right. Thanks

4. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

I totally agree man. All the groovy chicks are hiding in the mountains or on the forums. Coming here almost makes me sad cause of all the "fly ass honeys". To all the hipforum chicks-and I think I soeak for most of the guys-you rock and we love you all...

5. Celine

Celine Member

Well, I've got the same problem with finding a decent guy. I live in the south of the netherlands, and I'm like the ONLY hippy down here:( No other cool people here who understand and accept my ideals too...

6. sm0key42o8

sm0key42o8 Senior Member

Atleast we can all mingle on the forums-I dont kno what I would do if i lost all you guys!

7. superNova

superNova Member

it's really disappointing to hear someone talk about wanting a "hippie" boyfriend or girlfriend. how about we just take people for who they are and not label everyone? maybe then you'd find someone who's got more in common with you than granola and the grateful dead.

8. MossIcon

MossIcon Member

I understand people wanting a hippie partner. There is nothing wrong with having a sort of person you'd like to have a relationship with, but its cool to be open minded about all sorts of people. Awesome peopel come in all sorts of nice packages.

9. NatureFreak412

Exactly, and I would like to have a girl that was like me, and I consider myself a hippie, its not a label, its a lifestyle.

But yeah she doesnt have to be hippie, i could meet a great girl that was like anything and if i was attracted to her and we shared some of the same interests I would totally go for it, hippie is just a bonus.

10. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

I understand wanting a person who shares ideas and a lifestyle. It's not bad for wanting someone that you have things in common with. I would date a guy if he wasn't a hippie, but I'd sure try to convert him!!

Trust me there's nothing wrong with wanting a free spirit like you. It doesn't sound like you would rule any girl out just because she doesn't do some things that "hippies" would do.

11. NatureFreak412

Yeah I wouldnt turn an amazing girl down for not being hippie. And I would be like you and try and convert, tho, lol

12. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

*groans*

I don't hate anything...EXCEPT labels...

13. NatureFreak412

I dont see why people moan and bitch about labels, its no big thing, if someone wants to call me a hippie, or a freak or anything like that then thats cool. It just describes ones way of seeing you or something. People use to not care about labels and shit but thats just something more for pessimists to cry about, and yup another label. hehe After all this is a website that is about Hippies, duh.

14. DancerAnnie

Labels put people in categories which constricts the kind of person they expect you to be. You are who you are. Everyone is a mixture of so many "kinds" of people, why should we be constricted to a certain category or label?

I don't know, to say, "Yes I am this" or "Yes I am that"...seems a little...closed minded.

I'm not moaning or bitching, by the way, it's simply my opinion. Although, i can understand why you might say that...in high school it's easier just to label people instead of getting to know them...

I'm not meaning to be rude, it's just my opinion.

15. thecoyote

thecoyote Member

I have realized that high school was the wrong place to say "I am this (insert random subculture here) or that (same) a week later" because most people in high school do not know what type of person they are yet. I have learned, after shedding any particular style and trying to remain inconspicous, people ignored me, and it was difficult to get a conversation started with somone you could tell by their style that you could have a good conversation with. I am still pretty much style-less.... but I miss it and will probably plunge in again when I get a chance... anyways...

I would say I would want a hippie girl also, but to not use a label I would have to say....

A free spirited person who loves to camp, does unto others, loves to feel their bare feet in the moist earth, likes to wear feathers in thier often very long and beautiful hair, wear colorful dresses and dance and sing whenever they have the inkling, who will seduce me fairy like into chasing them into magickal places and teach and show me beauties in the world only they could show. Someone who loves to travel, smell the air in the springtime, and give me the courage to things I am afraid to do.

That person would not have to be a hippie, but it could fit.

16. DancerAnnie

*winks*

Now was that so hard???

17. jamaica

jamaica Member

i dunno, i kind of understand why a 'hippie' might be nicer to date. my bf isn't a 'hippie' at all. we do share alot of political and animal rights beliefs and a few other things and i luv him to pieces but i get sad because i know he has no desire to leave the city and i do, he has no interest in festivals or the music (he's into death metal) so i can't share that with him, he teases me (nicely) on my weird thoughts and beliefs but we don't discuss them because he isn't into astrology or whatever. and he isn't into being 'converted'. i want someone i can go hiking or kayaking or whatever with and that isn't him either. meh. one day naturefreak you and i will meet our dream mates and then it'll be cool, but until then "love the one your with" lol

18. NatureFreak412

thanks Jamaica, lol Thats a good song too.

19. jamaica

jamaica Member

:) it is indeed