Celebrities who are secretly Assholes/Bitches

Discussion in 'People' started by Brocktoon, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Its interesting how we assume a Celebrity must be as kind/funloving/wonderful as the characters they play in TV and Movies.

Years ago I used to enjoy SPY Magazines exposes of various 'Asshole' Celebrities and usually it wasn't too surprising but occasionally it was.

This made me think of a kindly older lady I knew, who knew John Lennon during the early years of his life.
    She was the type to never say a bad word about anyone - but she finally admitted to me that Lennon was a real obnoxious asshole in 'Real Life'.

Well he was rather obnoxious in his 'Public Presentation' anyway.. so I wasnt that surprised.

According to what Ive heard - Weird Al Yankovic was an absolute Asshole to anyone working near him.
    Bill Maher is reputely a huge obnoxious asshole and especially to women.
    Mariah Carey is said to be a huge Bitch.

John Cleese was a complete angry Asshole by his own admission and has gone as far as taking 'Anger Management' therapy for it.
    [But is said to have mellowed dramatically with age]

Hehe.. one funny thing about it all - Don Rickles is reputedly one of the kindest people you would ever meet when not 'on air'.

Any other 'Public wonderful' Celebs who are really Assholes/Bitches?

2. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

Jerry Louis. I was at the airport, with my three month old son at midnight, waiting to pick up his mama. Off the same plane walks Mr. Jerry Lewis. (The Telethon guy?)
    I said to him: Good Morning Mr. Lewis.
    The prick just grumbled and walked away.
    (No Shit, I live in Vegas and encounter a few celebs.)

3. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

Matt .. I have heard that from other people too.
    Some say Jerry Lewis has become a lot more spiritual and friendly since his near-death experience.

A lot of people said Frank Sinatra was a total Asshole - but that basically was his public appearance too - so its not like he was 'Fake'.

One guy I knew was a professional autograph seeker, always mixing with Celebrities and he says Garth Brooks is absolutely authentic as he appears.
    Says that Brooks will happily chat with all fans, remember their names (in an almost spooky way)

Numerous people have told me Gillian Anderson is rather 'Cold' and seems uninterested in her fans.
    Mind you... some suggested that she is so 'normal' that she doesnt really 'get' why people she has never met want her autograph.

4. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

So are "Rosanne" and Louis Anderson. She's really like she is on TV, and in her concerts. No imposter there. Louis Anderson is a great guy! I met him twice. In MY taxi. Here's a SUPRISE! Captain Kirk himself! I sat two tables from William Shatner once at Cesars Palace showroom. Neil Sedaka was on stage. What a Grouch! Forgetting his Star Trek fans! Or! Did he simply want to enjoy the evening with his date???
    I try hard NOT to forget these people are PEOPLE, too! They want what WE have. Our PRIVATE lives.

5. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

I totally agree many Celebs simply want to have a normal dinner out - or may just be having a bad day on any given time someone approaches them.

I just think its kinda bizarre to think someone like Wierd Al Yankovic could be so outrageously wacky, silly and 'Zany' in his 'performance' life - and yet said to have been a complete asshole when not 'on set'.

Or Jerry Lewis being this adorable 'man-child' - yet really be a short-tempered chain-smoking alcoholic lol??

[Many people say Krusty the Klown from Simpson Fame is 'loosely' based on Jerry Lewis too hehe]

I guess its a tribute to their acting talents they can do that.

6. Jaz Delorean

Jaz Delorean Senior Member

the bassist from the Rolling Stones walked past me and called me a f***ing keyboardist :(

7. Peace Attack

Peace Attack Make War

I met Weird Al when I was 8 years old and he was very kind.

At the time I was a huge fan of his and I told him I loved him, then he held my hand in his and said thank you. He seemed very sweet to me. Now that I think about it, it was kinda a weird moment...

8. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

I've never actually had a bad celebrity encounter. My dad met Weird Al on a plane once and he signed autographs for my brother and I when my dad told him that we had memorized the whole of Albequerque.

Also, Goldburg of WWF fame is actually one of the sweetest guys you could meet. My family and I were stranded due to a late plane from New Orleans to Atlanta, and we met Goldburg in the airport. He offered us to ride on his plane (which we declined... I don't know why >.<) and talked with my parents for a good while about the area where we live (he lives very close to me) and was very respectful- the complete opposite of what you would expect.

The people in punk bands generally are the meanest in my opinion. I went to a somewhat local show and then saw one of the bass players at a store and told him that I liked his band, and he pretty much glared at me, mumbled something, and walked off. Stupid egotistical pricks =P

9. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

I suppose one-time meetings are not the best way to determine the Assholiness of a Celeb.
    I suppose we all have been caught in bad moods or come off as rude to people soemtimes.
    On the same hand - Some Celebs may come off as 'Great Guys' whenever approached by the 'Public' - then be real Assholes to anyone in their personal lives?

I was at a Celebrity 'CD Signing' last week and noticed the Artist was VERY Friendly and loveable for about 4 hours straight.

Having said that - he was clearly aware that he had to be 'On' when approached by anyone.
    MOST of the people that grew up with him said he was always very 'arrogant' and had 'Airs of supremecy' about him day to day.

Funny world of Celebs

10. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

A guy I know who works on movie sets described Kate Jackson (charlies angels), as purposefully malicious.

I have seen some pretty funny footage of an Art Garfunkel tantrum.

11. Brocktoon

Brocktoon Banned

I just cant picture Art Garfunkel 'Raging' lol!

The one that really shocked me was the footage of Bjork going Snapshow on a reporter in an airport.

Out of nowhere she jumps this lady reporter and begins smashing her to the ground.

To her credit - Bjork apologised publicly and attributed it to high stress and jet lag.
    Was pretty freaky though.
    Bjork is 'known' for being so placid and 'childlike'.

12. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

Quote: Gillian Anderson is rather 'Cold'

I obseved her on the set of X files a while back and definitely got that impression.

Heather Locklear was extremely frindly and nice, which goes against her usual acting roles I guess.

I've heard John Lennon was a real asshole too.

13. Ole_Goat

Ole_Goat Member

I was going to submit Martha Stewart or Leona Hemsley, but they're not really known for being an in-the-closet bitches.

14. BlackGuardXIII

BlackGuardXIII fera festiva

I hear Mike Tyson can be a little rude at times........

15. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

I think it gets a bit nippy in British Columbia ?.

I imagine John being an asshole after watching Yoko flaunt her 'talent' for the last couple of decades .. i bet they were in a right mutual apreciation club.

16. JanaXGIRL

JanaXGIRL Senior Member

wasn't KEITH somewhere near...? :D

17. Ugunsmate

Ugunsmate Member

I met him backstage and a snootier Brit I could never have imagined....I totally lost it for him after that, now he lives in California, a tax dodge from merry ole England......screw 'em.

18. juicy_redgirl

juicy_redgirl Daphney

I've never met Goldberg but I have met other wrestlers and they have all been very kind...much to my surprise. :D

19. LickHERish

LickHERish Senior Member

My celebrity encounters were mostly in flight or whilst exiting the airport terminal:

1. a flight from Boston to Syracuse with Santana and his band (Percussionist next to me, rhythm guitarist and bass player in the seats just behind me and Santana at the rear of the plane). I joked with the band members during the flight and they introduced me to Carlos when we landed. Being only 18 at the time I was fairly chuffed and thought Carlos seemed quite a likeable guy, but who can say after a mere 10 minute chat?

2. another flight (can't remember to where but i think it was a connector through Chicago) during which I couldn't fail to notice the kid who played the older brother on The Wonder Years several rows behind me. He spent the whole flight bitching at his girlfriend and then aimed his verbal abuse at his (I presumed) manager all through the terminal, through baggage claim and out the doors till I saw him and his entourage drive off. I could only shake my head at how much bigger a douche he was in real life than he portrayed on the show. lol.

3. An unwitting passing witness at JFK airport to both the Milli Vanilli poser boys being herded into a bus nattering about their hair lol. Was glad to hear not long after that they had been exposed for the frauds they definitely appeared to be.

Other than Santanna, I can't lay claim to encounters with any top shelf talent but the encounters were amusing enough each in their way.

20. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

Blackguard, do you rock climb. That's a cool pic.

I ran into Charleton Heston with a shopping cart(literally) by accident because he was at a mall doing booksignings and I didn't see him. He just turned around and said, "excuse me" in a very intimidating voice. Not a real ass, but I didn't particularily like him anyway for all his NRA crap. All I could think was "holly moses."

Peace