Kratom Advantages And Disadvantages?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by Symons12, Aug 22, 2014.

1. Symons12

Symons12 Members

I decided to create a topic on kratom advantages and disadvantages where people can share their experiences.

If you ask me, I like to use it in order to get rid of depression... I can get it about 3 times a week. Is it ok for my health?

2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I would say effects wise you're probably looking at at many similar advantages and disadvantages as you are as with opioids. You get a decent amount of pain relief and euphoria at the expense of addiction potential and perhaps irritiability, nausea, etc.

As far as the way Kratom is consumed, I find the reason it's an advantage happens to be also why it's a disadvantage. Kratom requires a bulk amount of consumption and also since you are consuming the plant material or extract, you can't snort or inject it which often happens to many drugs with similar effects. I find this a disadvantage however because for me it can be pretty harsh on my throat, so I've woken up the following day with a sore throat after ingesting Kratom.

I don't know the long term effects of Kratom use...