Soundwave 2015

Discussion in 'Heavy Metal' started by Vanilla Gorilla, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I probably will go just because of Soundgarden, they were always were one of my favourites, and I dont think they have been to Aus since they reformed. And Chris Cornell was always so dreamy :grouphug:

But the rest of the lineup, all these bands that have been around forever, that I was listening to as a teen, and they are still headlining festivals. Judas Priest?, seriously, what are they like 80? Faith No more, jeezus, Ministry, they had two hits like 30 years ago, Manson - sooooo 1994, and I'm so over Slipknot

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Le Aura

Le Aura Member

SLASH SLASH SLASH!!!

Notice how it's not coming to WA, how surprising.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

LOL, Vanilla was once into Slipknot?

If you go and once had a soft spot for MInistry I dare to state you will still enjoy their performance. It is the only name on that list that would make me want to go to this festival.

edit: maybe Mayhem is still good live too. Wouldn't recommend them to VG though. Its subgenre is my own 'guilty pleasure' and I've no idea how they are live these days. I wouldn't go to an pricey festival just for them.

4. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

http://youtu.be/XkKulSH2nNc

5. Asmodean

Is that your guilty pleasure, Ghost? :p

6. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

No guilt whatsoever. Dude's awesome. Shit, he married Dita Von Teese!

7. Asmodean

Wow yeah, that makes his music really so much more pleasing to the ear :D

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Ah it's fun, man. Not everything needs to be top class.

9. Asmodean

I definitely agree but I don't hear much class in MM's sound and never have. I'm not looking for top class stuff btw, just good music. I always suspected people must dig his 'music' because of trivial stuff (like how he profiles himself or with what people, subjects or mindsets he associates) ;)

10. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I didn't say there was much class in his music. I said "not everything needs to be top class" to make that exact point. But I actually like the way he remade some of that 80s stuff like Personal Jesus and Tainted Love.

1 person likes this.
  11. the highway terror

the highway terror Member

Vass?!? Slipknot, Slash, Marilyn Manson and Fall Out Boy get top billing over Judas Priest ??

F**king Blasphemy!!! Fall Out Boy?!?

12. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I'm fucking pissed about the lineup next year and refuse to go. :) I've been the last two years and they were decent but there's not even 4 bands in that list I'd pay to see and I at least need 4-5 acts to interest me in going. Hope Fear Factory do a sidewave.

13. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Haha wow, that line up is def straight out of the 90's. Other than Incubus being more early 2000's. But anyways... in high school (graduated 1998) I LOVE Manson...actually still do like some of his music but yea he was really big when I was in HS. I also like Soundgarden a lot. I actually really like A LOT of 90's music...sometimes more than anything else. And Papa Roach...haha, that brings back memories. Anyway overall, funny festival lineup.

And asmo... as for what you were saying about Manson's fans. Gotta separate the idiot fans from the rest of the people who like some of someone's music. I know I had to do that w a lot of bands/artists. Before I got into Wu Tang I hated them....why? Because I went to a suburban/rural high school and the idiot white people who wore wu tang shirts were just the...wanna be thugs who wore huge chains and tried to act all gangsta but really just seemed pathetic and lame. Anyways then when I really started listening to wu's music I realized... oh well, those people WERE like that, you were right BUT the music is actually really good (imo.). I had to separate the two.

14. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I've spent many a year hating on artists I'd never listened to then listened to like a decade later and I'm like where have you been all my life. :D

15. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

16. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

My brother lives in perth, 2012,13 whenever it was it was slayer, anthrax qnd metallica went over there, around one of smaller stages.it was dimmi borgir, slayer.and then rob zombie, we were squashed in like sardines and i was off my face, was one of the best days ive ever had at a festival, in perth. Then later on at the main stage it was Metallica and the set up at Clairemont is really good, makes it look bigger than it is.

Think it was just cos of crap ticket sales last yeat, why they didnt include perth, but the lineup was really crap, so what do they expect

17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I started to hate him once he started to do covers, around the Fight song and Coma white era, thought he.was so cool

18. Asmodean

I just checked out the agenda of a local venue and noticed they have Melechesh in october and Nashvilly Pussy in november :cheers2: Below 15 euro tickets and cheap bottles of beer... and of course good hard rock! That's my kind of concert!