Huge Creature Spotted On Satellite Image In Loch Ness

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by Justin_Hale, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

http://youtu.be/N6i45s_94A4

Nessie?

Whale shark?

Boat wake?

If it was boat wake, Nessie ate the boat right before the photo was taken, lol.

It looks to me like a super gigantic Plecostomus (known colloquially as a sucker fish).

[​IMG]

They do get big. I had one once and it grew to well over a foot long. It even took time off from sucking algae in the tank
    to chomping down like a pig on the feeder worms I was putting in there for the other fish. I had to give it back to the pet
    shop because it had gotten too big for my tank.

They are a type of catfish. The biggest catfish ever caught was 9 feet long in Thailand.

I know Plecos are a fresh water fish, tropical, and don't even like brackish water.

But if a boney catfish got too big for it's river, maybe is could of put up with the salty Ocean long enough to find it's way to the loch and sneak in.

And there are also some known saltwater species of catfish.

2 people like this.
  2. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

i thought the same thing, i have one in my tank. I have seen a few that had gotten close to 2 feet long but they can't get THAT big can they?

3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Who’s to say it’s Nessie could be his twin brother Jessie

Hotwater

4. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I get the same type of looking stains on my clothes if my washing machine doesn't wash them properly. I mean I want to believe this, but an image won't do anything for me.

5. Justin_Hale

I dunno.

I heard some fish keep growing for as long as they live.. :eek:

6. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It would be cool to one day actually be able to track The Loch Ness Monster, after all these years of spottings.

Some of my ancestors lived around the Loch Ness. I wonder if they ever saw Nessie.

7. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

the last of the dinosaurs.....

8. Justin_Hale

Can you fake an Apple satellite image? Vid says experts went over it for months.

9. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

They studied the image for 6 months? In that time, they could have captured more images (don't see why not). So, absent of a series of photos .. I think something's amiss. Fake story. If it was SO easy to get a clear image like that, could've gotten plenty more in 6 months time.

10. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I say it's nothing. It's an anomaly related to the waves or something. First...Plecos don't grow anywhere near that large. I've had several that were around 2 feet long but they don't get 100 feet long and fish don't just grow because they have the room to do so. That's a myth. Look at the trees and the road at about :45. The road is probably 12-16 feet across. The canopy of many of those trees is probably even more than 30 feet. That makes the image much larger than the 100 feet the video estimates it at. On top of that...wild fish are very hard to see underwater from above and they don't stand out like that at all. They blend in perfectly. I'm not a know-it-all nerd about large fish but I've kept hundreds of gallons of water and very large fish for a long time. I have also been invited to lecture on the topic numerous times at a premier vet/med university so I'd like to think I know a few things and I'm willing to bet the farm that this is not a fish of any sort.

Edit to say...if that image is real....the fish would be nearly 200 feet long and 50 feet across. Not anything like any other image or description of the Loch Ness Monster which is supposedly more serpentine and elongated.

2 people like this.
  11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

sorry, i needed to rinse off my dick and i didn't realize they were taking pictures..

12. Justin_Hale

It could just be a crashed weather balloon I suppose... ;)