What Is Going On In Ferguson From Someone In It Other Than The News!

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by whitterbug2012, Aug 17, 2014.

1. whitterbug2012

whitterbug2012 Member

These are just my facebook posts copy and pasted because I'm lazy, but this is for anyone that want an account from someone that is down here and in it.

Today we joined the peaceful protest and it was amazing! When we first got there everyone stopped to welcome us and they fed us lunch and dinner. There were people of ALL kinds there and that honked to support us. Only about one in every five cars did not put their hands up or honk for us! We got asked to take lots of pictures and talk on camera for independent news and internet blogge...rs...we even met some people from the human rights watch. Everyone there asked where we where from and why we came down and the ones that live in Ferguson not only made sure to tell us congradulations on our marriage, but thanked us over and over for showing our support. Every single person down there with us (black and white) had someone or multiple people in their family or friends that had been accused of things or treated worse because they were black, beat by a cop of Ferguson, or shot by one. This is not just about this one kid, the entire town does not trust their police force! They started using tear gas and shooting a march full of peaceful protestors and children on their knees with their hands up tonight for god's sake!

Tonight I watched live footage on the news, from independant journalists, and protestors. I watched the young man in the front of the march walk up to the line of police, get on his knees, and put his hands up...they threw a tear gas can at him, shot him with a rubber bullet, then arrested him. I also saw a cop threaten a journalist that he would kill him. I saw kids get tear gased. All before the... curfew even took effect I remind you. Everyone except for the police has said the protestors were peaceful and the only sort of violence caught on camera from protestors tonight is them picking up tear gas cans and throwing them back. Oh, and every news channel that talks to someone that says the major news stations and police are lying has conviently had "technical difficulties". Amnesty International sent in people and the National Lawyers Guild is helping protestors. Twitter is on fire with people from all over the world and only once in a while do you see unsupportive comments. I know I keep posting about it, but that's because this is a big deal!
    At the very least, please pray for the people of Ferguson and family of Michael Brown. They lost one of their own and we all knows what that feels like. We ended up here for a reason. When we found out we couldn't go to out of state we chose St. Louis. We got married the day Michael Brown was killed and made a pledge "to work for the welfare of others, with all of your compassion, wisdom and skill" together and both vowed to each other that we were going to try to make a positive change in the world. We left the first town we came to because we felt nothing but hostility and racism...so much so that we rushed to find the cheapest place and left. We didn't know it was 2 miles away from Ferguson until we got to the room and looked it up. We are going back tomorrow. Ferguson showed us their true colors today. They want to be heard, they want peace, they want support, and they are thankful for every ounce of it they get. This is the best place for us to be for our honeymoon

2. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Where you are, does your protest group have much awareness of or contact with any of the people who are doing all the looting and vandalizing?

3. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

There were several reports of someone being shot and a journalist did report on other violence. The day time protests seem to be well organized and have a clear message. The night times ones seem more chaotic and have elements of violence.

4. morrow

morrow Visitor

What is it that make police believe they are the law? when they quite obviously are a cult...

its the same across the world, even the special wannabe cops think they are above any law..

5. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

The police enforce the law.

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

I must of missed the part in the law where they are judge, jury and executioner..

4 people like this.
  7. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I am inclined to relate this incident to this year's gruesome murders of the homeless by police - Albuquerque and Los Angeles .
    It's of a madness , the hateful root of genocide .

8. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Yes me too because that did not happen in the case above and does not happen.

9. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

How do you know...were you there?

From what I understand there are varying reports of exactly what happened. What I personally believe, based on the shot on the top of the head, is that he was bent down-in a ducking stance-when the kill shot occurred... but really we are still waiting on more coroner's reports and for witness statements to line up... if you weren't there I'm not sure how you'd know what the cops intention was.

10. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

This incident is nothing like the shooting in Albuquerque. You can't make blanket assumptions that all cops are bad. I was outraged by the video from Albuquerque, the homeless man was not a direct threat and they should not have released the dog when they did. In Ferguson the police were NOT in a position of power, the cop was sitting in his car. This means Brown approached the cop car in likely and aggressive and offensive manner. We know Browns character and attitude from the robbery video. Michael Brown was a violent thug. He likely was attacking the cop and reaching for his gun. At this point the cop is fighting for his life. If he looses his gun he's dead, I'm sure that was his mindset. With adrenaline and survival instincts taking over in a struggle like this, if it was me and I got the trigger, I'm pretty sure I'd fucking unload on this aggressor.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

[​IMG]

For twelve years you've had law and order in Ferguson because one man enforced the law. Now that he's not here, you're willing to give the town away to the first incompetent that comes along with a shot gun and is anxious to use it...

12. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Thank god you didn't post the black sheriff from Blazing Saddles. ;)