So U Have The Winning Mega Millions Ticket...

Discussion in 'Paranoid?' started by King Names, Aug 16, 2014.

1. King Names

King Names Members

...should U be paranoid? And of what? Or of who?

2. ScrubPuppy

ScrubPuppy Member

I just bought a ticket today. I think if it was a winner, I would share it with mine and my wife's family--I only want a few million. For sure, I would have my land line cut off and go strictly cell. You can bet everyone would want a share of your winnings.

1 person likes this.
  3. King Names

King Names Members

Yeah, I bought a ticket today, too. :daisy:

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

yes, i should be paranoid. i really want to know who planted a winning lottery ticket on me and why.

2 people like this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

No... I don't.

1 person likes this.
  6. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

I once thought I won $100K on a pricey scratch ticket. It wasn't until I double checked that I realized my error (I had the F not the E, sigh). Anyway, for a few brief minutes, I had the simulated feeling of having actually won (until I realized I hadn't). Yep, I was a bit paranoid.

I know this guy (not personally) who lives in this state and wins ALL THE TIME. He has a YouTube channel where he uploads videos of all his wins. The guy is totally amazing. He's probably in his late 30's or 40's but has the mentality of a kid. I have no idea what he's done in his life to deserve the sort of luck he has but he sure is one heck of a lucky guy. He wins hundreds constantly and recently won a top prize ticket for $30,000. Totally amazing. I just checked his channel, looks like he stopped uploading videos after his big win last year. http://youtu.be/wirHUADchxI

7. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Everybody plus the taxman.

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I would buy out the 1% so... yes :D

9. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

LOL. I'd be on a plane to the Caymans ASAP.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

of what? bragging about it.

if you can afford what you want,
    you don't NEED to impress anyone that you can.

11. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

What he's done to be so lucky is likely spent thousands of dollars more on tickets than he has won.

12. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

If you understood gambling you'd know that your concept is mistaken. It really is a matter of luck for Jason. Just go through his channel and see for yourself.

13. newbie-one

What part about gambling do I not understand? The lottery makes money by taking in more money than they have to pay out. Scratch tickets typically pay out about 60 to 80 cents on the dollar, not accounting for taxes.

In principle, it's possible for someone to just be extremely lucky and just win all the time. This is very unlikely though.

A more plausible scenario is that he spends lots of money on the lottery, and probably puts much or all of his winnings back into buying more tickets.

Someone who posts videos about his gambling wins on youtube is likely a problem gambler.

I only watched one of his videos. I don't know how many I need to see in order to reach the same conclusion.

14. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

my guess would be his last win was enough to get him off the state welfare/ssi and now he cant afford to waste money on scratch tickets

15. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

You need to watch more of his videos if you're going to judge him. He doesn't post videos because he's a problem gambler, like you think (mistakenly). He has the mentality of a child ... he posts videos of his snacks lol. He's very special, not your average person. It's pure luck for him.

16. newbie-one

What is the evidence that he's just lucky and not spending more on tickets than he is winning?

Does he even claim that he has won more than he has spent?

I'm not judging him, I'm just very skeptical that he's just lucky and isn't spending more than he's getting back.

I don't see the point of watching more of his videos unless there is some substantial reason to think that I would learn something that would make me reach another conclusion.

17. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

ezm8, if you're really interested then go browse his channel and see for yourself. Nothing else can be said if you refuse to do that much.

18. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the less you have, the more you need to look and act, like you're getting by just fine. the more you have, the more you need to look like you're not.

so if had a really big windfall like that, i'd get a big piece of land way out in the boonies somewhere. what i wouldn't get is a fancy car and try to show off.

i'd use it to do the things i like, because i like them. not a lot of stupid crap to try and impress anyone else.

yah, i wouldn't go telling everyone. i think that would be just dumb anyway. not a matter of paranoid. just plain dumb.

19. Bud D

Bud D Member

I play most of the time, mega millions. Got close once, 4 out of 6 numbers in a row. I would wait til weed is legal in Ohio. Help out family and not worry to much about cash. Maybe even take classes to be wiser!

20. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Yes!!!