Airstrikes In Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AmericanTerrorist, Aug 8, 2014.

1. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

So... Does anyone have any thoughts about the airstrikes in Iraq? What about the humanitarian mission on the mountain....or the current situation in general?

2. humanbeaing

humanbeaing see you in paradise! HipForums Supporter

I predict the u.s. Is going to drop a nuclear bomb on iraq

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

What exactly would be the purpose of using nuclear weapons on a civilian militia ?..
    These insurgents are about the equivalent to few thousand 6th graders with a poor man James Bond manual.. A nuisance gang of thieves stealing the fruits of the hard laboring people of Iraq.

4. humanbeaing

humanbeaing see you in paradise! HipForums Supporter

I am not saying now. But eventually. Either that or America will come back in and take complete control and since Obama can't serve another term here in America, he can become the new iraqi president.

5. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Geez.

Well in any case I think the humanitarian thing that I heard about last night sounds great... but I knew it would obviously not be enough. So now the airstrikes have started. Apparently won't be boots on the ground but I'm questioning whether anything will be able to be accomplished against ISIS w just airstrikes... don't really know what I think currently about all that. I have mixed feelings about it for now.

6. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

I like watching jets and bombs and explosions. It's good shit.

7. TooReal

TooReal Banned

Where are you located?

TooReal

8. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Not really. Sure they're trained the way all these guys train and their indoctrination makes sure their brains are fried. But on the other hand they have money - and big time - and they just invaded a country with a standing army of 250.000 in what? A week or so?

These guys are a huge problem.

9. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yo, Yggdrasil you better get moving.

TooReal is gonna send some delta killer outfit after you.

They gone fry yo ass! [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

Lolz @ the ghost. But tootrue..arent you supposed to already know the answer to that?

11. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

Actually, many of them were trained in Jordan in 2012 by the US to supposedly be sent into Syria. Who knows how many of them went to Syria but a bunch of them obviously ended up in Iraq. So now we have a convenient reason to go back into Iraq and continue our presence in the region.

12. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Yeah well, the Iraqi army was supposedly trained by US "military advisers" - or at least in part. I think we have seen over the past few weeks how that turned out.

I don't know how many went INTO Syria .... they sure all came OUT of Syria on fine morning in june.

13. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

Actually, Maliki removed the US trained officers in order to replace them with his Shi'a cronies.

14. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

So .... I was just reading about ISIS on wikipedia and found this:

2 July 2014: Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the self-proclaimed caliph of the new Islamic State, said that Muslims should unite to capture Rome in order to "own the world". He called on Muslims the world over to unite behind him as their leader.

Rome .... own the world? Motherfuckers be nutz. :rofl:

15. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Right .... completely forgot about that part. But I doubt it would have made a hell of a lot of difference.

16. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

One could argue that their incompetence is one of the factors leading to the Iraqi Army rolling over like a sick puppy.

17. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

I have no real good idea what the facts and dynamics are but from what I read half the army just ran for the hills.

18. TooReal

TooReal Banned

Don't be an ass!

I asked him where he was located because I wanted to know if we were continuing our airstrikes upon ISIS Convoys and Artillery traveling and attacking the city of Erbil......or if we were attacking ISIS Forces surrounding the Mountain with all those poor people.

When I am not doing JOBS....I am a fairly nice guy.

Do me a favor and allow me to be that nice guy....because believe me....you would NEVER want to meet the other guy.

TooReal

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

Given these guys to much credit. driving around in semi modified Toyota's with anti air craft guns and SAM's ... same old same. Toyota should make commercials on how well their trucks perform under pressure.. even better come out with the Toyota Isis.

20. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Thumbs up to the interwebs. Here you can be whatever you want.