Is it Christian to work in a bomb making facility?

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by humanbeaing, Jul 17, 2014.

1. humanbeaing

humanbeaing see you in paradise! HipForums Supporter

You don't drop them, but support and supply the ones who do and it kills thousands. Are you a Christian still?

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Yes, why wouldn't you be.

3. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

No, that turns you into a hindu.

4. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

I think we are already in that kind of position, and we might not want to be relating to the opinions we are proposing in the discussion of this new complex world. We had good opinions in simpler world, and they even required valid theories of sober discussion; those opinions have required the value neutral stance for accepting what is for what we may be lied about.

So we adjust our opinion to the ethical stand of some kind of passive resistance. No a Christian can't work there. He must teach his children that corporations have the right idea; peace and globalization is from the "shalom" peace loving advertising for justice and cooperation upon shallow depravity and acceptance of the widening gap between the rich and the poor for one. Yes a Christian can work there. He needs to feed his family and be the fine lover of patience and work of the common wealth.

Should be a cough: cough: smiley now. :2thumbsup:

5. thedope

thedope glad attention Lifetime Supporter

No, it makes you a bomb maker or supplier. Recognition makes you a disciple of truth.

6. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

What you do (job wise) does not define a religious association or belief.

7. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Just the same in Christianity to define the subject of goodness and badness on a meta- level there is good sin and bad sin. Sanely, at work it is a determinant of deciding whether to take such a job in order to be at sin or be at bad.

Just being good doesn't bring home the bacon.

8. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You couldn't be a good Buddhist, because of the principal of right livelihood. Buddha said, "A lay follower should not engage in five types of business. Which five? Business in weapons, business in human beings, business in meat, business in intoxicants, and business in poison."

9. humanbeaing

humanbeaing see you in paradise! HipForums Supporter

You have no love of your neighbor by making bombs

More likely an accessory to murder

Complex or not, it should not lower your morals

Recognition without action is not recognizing at all

Really. So you can profess to love god and do what you wish?

10. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

Morals can exist alternatively to one's soul for the consciounable determination of good work. The soul does not exist dependant on the fellowman's opinion. Nevertheless, I don't have the opinion of good work for the munitions production job. That's a bit of a contradiction.

11. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It's been my experience that one can do just about anything and still call oneself a christian. The ability to rationalize ones actions of ANY kind is as human as can be.

12. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

You mean good for the Christians, and maybe all can be reduced to hieroglyphics.:sunny:

13. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

"Really. So you can profess to love god and do what you wish?"

I say to a reasonable degree. We are human and make mistakes and yes sin. No matter who you are you are not without sin. Some decisions we make may not follow the teachings but we can't do everything that the bible says. It is a guide not a rule book.

14. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Since it's a BELIEF it will depend on the individual.

Mafia bosses, serial killers, suicide bombers all quote verses from some holy book or other.

15. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

It doesn't only depend on the individual; bomb making facilities to work at arise from extraordinary circumstances. Essentially individuals are forced to act collectively. The decision of this kind of consideration being moral is generally precluded towards a christian notion I'd think. IT IS Christian to fight a war as much as it is Muslim, or Hebrew, or Buddhist.

Otherwise why the concept of individualism not being authentic for Christians as opposed to the concept of collectivism.:biker:

16. sunfighter

sunfighter Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

So, are you saying that choosing to work in a bomb-making factory is just a mistake? Ooops, the devil made me do it.

I believe in personal responsibility, so I do not see this as just a mistake. You create the world you live in through your actions. If you want a peaceful world, you take peaceful actions. The devil did not make you do it.

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Sin? All of us? Who says so? And why? (Hint=$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

18. Anaximenes

Anaximenes Senior Member

As the author of the world I am part of, I live in an illusory world which can get me the perfect Job? O.K. My sin; like 'my-sin' perfume.

OR, they tell me what I am talented at, and thus I work.

19. TheGhost

TheGhost Auuhhhhmm ...

Doesn't make sense. Arms manufacturers work everywhere all the time.

It always depends on the individual. That's why it's called free will.

20. vance2335

vance2335 Banned

Yes everyone sins because we are human. As we ask for forgivness for our sin then we are forgiven.