Random Facts...XLVII

Discussion in 'Games and Contests' started by GLENGLEN, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Did the ultrsound and xray and none could be found. Got a k.u.b. and they found 5 or 6. Stupid xray tech missed one that was in the other kidney so i had one in each uterer at the same time. Nearly killed me.

2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

ive only had multiple ultrasounds...theyve never suggested/ordered anything else ...said i just need to deal with it and go to hospital right away if i think im passing out

no pain meds either..i just take what i have for back pain but it doesnt help much for pain it just makes me tired

3. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

This kidney stone stuff is awful BBAD and pens!!! :(

BBAD, are you pretty much stuck with the sorry ass doctor you have?

My brother has had kidney stones a few times and has always gone to the hospital...not sure why because they don't hospitalize him. He has the best insurance that can be had (I'm sure) and they give him some kind of pain meds, but he has said nothing really helps until he passes it (or them). :eek:

Can't they lazer them or something and at least make the stones break up into real teeny tiny bits?

4. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I wonder if its because a cat scan is expensive. Something like 15 hundred to 2k usd. But maybe its because they know what it is. When i got mine they still didnt know what they were dealing with.
    I dont know how your system works but if i were you i would ask for a cat scan to make sure none are growing in your kidney or bladder.

Lynn they can lazer them but if they are small enough to pass its better to just let them pass rather than have to deal with anastesia every month or couple of months and when they break them up they still have to pass. Depending on how small they get broken into.
    Also you have to wait for the pain to start before you know you need to get them zapped so your gonna be in pain anyway.
    The lazer is really only practical when they are too big to pass on their own. Edit: or in my case when i had one in each ueterer and was unable to pee so they had to get them out imediately.

5. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

So here we are at Independance Day in the US. Do you feel independant?
    East coast weather is putting a damper on many of the celebrations here this year......It does not effect me much one way or another.
    The neighbors here may have a barbecue tomorrow depending on weather.It would be fun to do that with them again, though, like last year......I won't have much time to prepare something to bring, though.... Rained today again ....torrential downpours at times, and then a steam bath again....and maybe more of the same here for tomorrow.

6. TipsyGypsy

TipsyGypsy Light of a Fading Star

The baby has exhausted me.

7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'm exhausted without any baby today :p How old is your baby, Tipsy? :)

8. Monkey Boy

Monkey Boy Senior Member

I just saw a western tanager outside.

9. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

A pair of jeans weighs about a pound and a half, at least in my size. Well, okay they used to fit anyways.

10. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

Cut my thumb so now can only type with one hand

11. Moonglow181

Just got a call...Stan's mom died at 12:06....Stan is on phone with his crying brother, and is crying, so I have to leave the forum for the rest of the night. I am very sad. I loved that woman....:(

Thanks to those of you who asked, cared and pm'd me support here.....It gave me a little strength to be strong now.....

12. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Thinking Of You ......:grouphug:

Cheers Glen.

13. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

You aren't even up on my altitude
    So stay the hell away from my longitude and my latitude.

15. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

2+2 is 11

16. morrow

morrow Visitor

Thinking of moonglow, and the days ahead for her family. Its best to celebrate that ladies life, not mourn it. And i know you dont think it now, but you will smile and laugh, very soon. Life, and death, is like that..
    Im thinking of you all. *hugs*

17. Moonglow181

Hello....:)
    I am not mourning. I have been up most of the night to talk to Stan and think of things like getting the cast off of her leg before burial, etc......so I am the logic right now.....and thinker about things the others are not thinking about right now. I am relieved it was quick.....as they took her off the liquids yesterday....and said she had about a week. That seemed cruel to me....so I am glad it was quick....
    Stan has been on the phone constantly with both of his brothers....so I am basically not talking to anyone most of the time here.....

but....thank you......am ok....:)

18. morrow

morrow Visitor

As I was lying around, pondering the problems of the world, I realised that at my age I don't really give a rat's arse anymore. If walking is good for your health, the postman would be immortal. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, drinks water, but is still fat. A rabbit runs and hops and only lives 15 years, while a tortoise doesn't run and does mostly nothing, yet it lives for 150 years. And you tell me to exercise?? I don't think so. Just grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked, the good fortune to remember the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference. Now that I'm older here's what I've discovered:

1.. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

2.. My wild oats are mostly enjoyed with prunes and all-bran.

3.. I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.

4.. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

5.. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

6.. If all is not lost, then where the dickensl is it ?

7.. It was a whole lot easier to get older, than to get wiser.

8.. Some days, you're the top dog; some days you're the lamp post.

9.. I wish the buck really did stop here; I sure could use a few of them.

10. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.

11. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.

12. It's hard to make a comeback when you haven't been anywhere.

13. The world only beats a path to your door when you're in the bathroom.

14. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he'd have put them on my knees.

15. When I'm finally holding all the right cards, everyone wants to play chess.

16. It's not hard to meet expenses . . . They're everywhere.

17. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

18. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the hereafter . . .I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what am I "here after".

19. Funny, I don't remember being absent-minded.

19. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I had an interesting weekend more facts about it later

20. morrow

morrow Visitor

Me too...but im not sure i want to tell...lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.