Have tried to trip on DXM twice. Help?

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by Patvm, May 25, 2014.

1. Patvm

Patvm Guest

First time I tried I barely any cause there were other active ingredients so I don't know why I chose to have any at all but as probably only 150 mg. So I understand why nothing really happened. And last night I got some robo gel caps. DXM HBr was the only active and amounted to 300mg. I weigh about 170 and 5'10". I thought this would be enough for second plateau. I hadn't eat for about 5-6 hours prior either. What do you guys think? Try a higher dose? And do you think body composition has anything to do with it? Not meaning to sound like a douche but most of my weight is muscle. I've been lifting for a couple years now. Anyways back on topic, I never once felt like I was tripping. I was in a dark setting with some music for a lot of it too. As it is a disassociative, that's the only thing I can say I felt. It was just kinda chill and I wasn't really feeling much. I guess I could tell my body seemed a little drunk physically for a short period of time but no psychological effects of alcohol. Any ideas? Up the dose? And I thought it was odd cause I thought 300mg for my weight was a size able amount for a first timer.

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

You could just be a hardhead . . . try 700mg next time, same setting. That was my favorite dose, solid trip.

3. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

I would try drinking 2 bottles of syrup, that would be right around 700mg (actually 708mg). I think syrup hits harder than gelcaps and has more dxm for the money spent.

Rite aid often times has a deal on their store brand dxm only syrup where if you buy one you get one free when you use your rite aid rewards card so that way you get 2 bottles for under $6, not a bad deal.

I usually take 2 bottles when i take dxm, and this is a pretty strong experience. I do have quite a tolerance, dxm tends to build up a pretty good tolerance that seems permanent because it takes so long to get rid of, and i think some of the tolerance really is permanent but I dont think youve done it enough to have a tolerance.

You could be a fast metabolizer of dxm, some people are slow metabolizers, which means they have less of the enzyme that breaks down dxm therefore much smaller quantities will make them trip. Some people may metabolize dxm quicker, and need a higher dose.

You may just need a higher dose...here is a dosage calculator to help find your dose:http://dxm.darkridge.com/calc.html

Keep in mind that the dosages are still tentative as drugs affect everyone differently. Make sure the product that you have contains only DXM, as drinking 2 bottles of the wrong syrup could KILL YOU...DXM itself is very safe.

4. whitetracks

whitetracks Guest

Trust me when I say doing 700 mg for a first time is a bad idea, that I learned the hard way. I mean if you want to experience complete sedative effects while blacking out everytime you try to think than go ahead. But to start with I say pick a day than don't eat at all during that day. Take the bottle of all gel caps in 5 minutes with a good amount of water to dissolve in. Give it a good 40 minutes to hour to kick in than enjoy. Adding some green will really help as well. :afro: ps. Maybe do 350-500. Anything above 600mg, be prepared for some serious robowalking and a trip you won't forget. ^.^

5. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

So good job choosing the right DXM product. Robotussin, some off shoot brands, and Dyslum are the only ones that I know that contain the one active ingredient (DXM Hbr)

So first my comments on the experience. It has psychedelic properties, but it isn't as apparent I suppose. Your vision isn't improved, it actually gets worse, which makes it seems like a hallucination. You can't recognize patterns as easily, so the visuals are more of blending light rather than perceiving texture

The headspace is what I almost call, absent minded. You zone out very easily, and are in your own head, but unlike psychedelics, I experienced more of a dull, mind numbing which I found quite comfortable due to overthinking all the time. This is an effect that I could see as a big indicator of liking or hating the experience.

Since you did have some musical enhancement, your body definitely recognized the effects. next time you try, shoot for almost twice the amount you did. an entire bottle can be done, but i'd suggest 1/2-3/4. Also, space out this next trip, 2 months. DXM is absolutely terrible for your liver and stomach lining. I don't believe there are any adverse effects for using it sparingly, but don't take my word one that. It is imperative that you allow your liver and stomach to repair itself before going again though.

I hope you have a great next experience, you should find how serious of a drug it actually is, very funny that you can buy it in a convince store

6. Mad Nok

Mad Nok Member

How much do you weigh? And as Sleeping Caterpillar said, this is a very real drug that is very harsh on your stomach/liver. The general rule is once a month/ every other month if you MUST use DXM frequently.

It takes me about an hour to feel the effects and the onset is greeted by a sickening feeling (Anyone else get this!?)- I feel nauseous and kind of like I have a mild flu. After a minute of that flu-feeling I get hit with dissociation and mild euphoria, and the flu feeling vanishes. I am left with that trippy dissociative high & mild hallucinations at around 300mg, and at 600mg I get color shifts. One time I went out fishing after taking 600mg (On foot! I would never drive a boat while high/tripping/drunk!!!) and after an hour I looked down to see the grass was a lovely shade of purple for a minute or two. After that, I decided to head home before I forgot where I was.

Its also important to know your environment.. You can get lost very easily on DXM.

EDIT: I am a skinny guy, 140lbs, and these dosages may not work for everyone. What is fun for some is a blackout in public for others.