Back workout for the hubby

Discussion in 'Deadbear's Gym' started by la Principessa, Jan 11, 2014.

1. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

He's having a hard time finding a good workout video that targets the abs and back. Anyone know of any that are good?

Besides Hip Hop Abs by Shaun T. He feels silly dancing (I told him it would be a good workout but he refuses lol)

2. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Deadlifts or t bar rows for back

3. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Deadlifts, good mornings, and reverse sit ups target the lower back. Shrugs target the traps but some people consider that shoulders not back. For upper back, dumbbell rows, cable seated rows, lat push downs, cable pull downs, pull ups (and all its variations) and reverse sit ups. For abs, situps, leg lifts (there's a bunch of variations), flutter kicks, weighted decline situps, crunches, bicycle crunches, planks. For obliques, bicycle crunches, and side oblique lifts. Its really a matter of personal preference, changing things up, and what equipment is available. Situps and crunches work upper abs. Flutter kicks and leg lifts work lower abs. Planks I believe work upper and lower abs. Bicycle crunches work upper and lower abs as well as obliques. If youre going to work just one an exercise I recommend bicycle crunches because of the different muscle groups involved. I'm sure I forgot some exercises and there are plenty I'm not familiar with. I am a certified personal trainer and have been around weight rooms for fifteen plus years so if you have any more questions I'd be happy to help you out.

Also, if he's trying to get a more defined abdomen, cardio and diet are as important as anaerobic exercise. Its part building up those muscles part lowering body fat %. You can have the strongest most built abs in the world but if you have high body fat you won't have abdominal definition. Anaerobic exercise does not lower body fat much at all unless you make it aerobic like with circuit training which is basically just not taking very long if any breaks between sets and exercises which keeps the heart rate elevated

4. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

I really like back extensions.with a yoga ball. I have pretty much eliminated my back pain caused by my boobs by doing back extensions.

5. happilyinlove

happilyinlove with myself :p

Rowing machine or rowing in a boat

6. JasmineZ

JasmineZ Member

wild sex

7. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Thank you for the input. The diet goes without saying. We always try to eat right but we slacked on the working out for a while. Now he has back pain so we're going to start working out again. I don't want him getting sexier without me :p

8. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Haha. Well good luck to the both of you

9. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i didn't realize they made workout videos for guys.

i thought healing muscles burn a lot of calories, thus lowering body fat? or something like that?

10. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Honestly I've never heard of this before. doesnt sound right but im not 100%. If youre trying to reduce body fat, cardio and diet

11. updateaspreadsheet

updateaspreadsheet Members

12. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Deadlifts, rows, powercleans, pull-ups & planks.

bluewatersurfer likes this.
  13. bluewatersurfer

bluewatersurfer Members

Be careful not too put to much pressure on the back