Kava

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by DrummingJoey, Sep 11, 2013.

1. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

A cuppa got me feeling nice. It's not a very strong high but it's nice for sleeping and gives me a nice floaty slightly anesthetized feeling. I didn't really realize I was high until I noticed I had been looking at Turkish coffee sets for an hour and intended to continue anyway. Two bowl hits complemented it nicely in the middle of typing this. I love you guys goodnight :mickey:

2. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

I like Kava. I like the numb face and the peace of mind that comes with it. After a few uses it started giving me pretty bad headaches though, which is a cryin' shame

3. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i love kava! hard to believe you can buy it at the grocery store.... yes it gets you high

4. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I've done a lot of research on the link between liver and kava and have found that every case of liver damage known to science has occured in recent time. Strange for a plant that has been used for thousands of years by indigenous populations (their livers are all fine btw). It was concluded by researchers that this was a result of a single poor harvesting technique, which inlcluded the toxic roots along with the desired leaves into shipments for western customers. There has only been one death from what I remember and they confirmed that that young girl's source had accidentally included unsafe portions of the plant into the product.

6. Gongshaman

BS, Writer.

I don't know where you get your 'research' but the roots are what the kava beverage is made from, not the leaves.

Erowid; "Kava is a tropical evergreen shrub with large heart-shaped leaves and woody stems. Its thick roots are mashed or ground and made into a cold beverage used similarly to alcohol. It has a long history of ritual and recreational use in Pacific Polynesia and is now a common herbal product."

7. Driftwood Gypsy

kava is soo good.....

8. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

Maybe he has it mixed up and they were including the leaves?

9. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I got the two mixed in my post. My research was done in peer reviewed medical journals.

10. Driftwood Gypsy

KAVA

• Mild euphoria

• Sedation

• Relaxation of muscles and mind

• Clear thinking; opening of mind

• Strong anxiolytic effect (studies show as on par with that of benzodiazapines)

• Mood lifting and mellowing effects

• Inebriation, usually without serious mental clouding and coordination problems

• Very mild visual effects (colors more vivid, slight surface rippling, visual snow, double vision) -not incredibly common

• Talkative and sociable behavior (similar to that of mild alcohol intoxication)

• Numbing of tongue, lips, and throat

• Analgesia

11. Gongshaman

A strong infusion of the dried root didn't work for me, but I read later that the fresh root is what it takes, or an extract of the kavalactones

12. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I have tried it before in the past- more than once but it was a WHILE ago. After reading this thread I'm just wondering why it didn't really do anything at all for me...