First time

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by Mgmlovespeace, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Mgmlovespeace

Mgmlovespeace Member

So I'm an avid smoker and I have tried several psychedelics, me and my husband got ahold of some 15x salvia extract we have read a lot about this plant and what it's effects usually are and decided to try it in the privacy of our home with a friend as a trip sitter
    We used a regular wooden pipe and we just took about 2 hits each we felt sort of lightheaded and kinda separated from our bodies for a moment but it was for about 2 sec and that was it... Did we do something wrong? Do we need to burn it differently or taker bigger puffs than we would with weed? Please help....

2. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

You're better off using bong and a torch lighter. You need to really burn it up and take a big hit and hold it as long as you can. Then say goodbye to your body.

3. Mgmlovespeace

Mgmlovespeace Member

What type of bong?
    Glass bong?

4. eatlysergicacid

eatlysergicacid Creep in a T-Shirt

Any kind will work but glass is always best.

5. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

You most definetly did something wrong. Keep the lighter to the salvia the whole time. (It's not like weed where you can light it and then let it burn). Take 1 big hit. As big as you can, and then lie back and hold it in as long as you can. Once it works, there will be no doubt in your mind on whether it happened or not... you'll see.

Glass bong is a good suggestion but if you can handle taking a big hit with a pipe, it can work fine. But if you have a bong, use it.

6. IslandHippie

IslandHippie Member

Yes, use a glass pipe or bong and use a butane torch lighter. A regular lighter will not vapourize the important stuff that makes you trip nearly as much... you will end up wasting it.

7. Shivaya

Shivaya Y'a rien de trop beau pour la classe ouvrière.

I broke through just fine with a normal lighter. The important thing is keeping the flame to the salvia as opposed to lighting it and letting it burn like weedé

8. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Whatever type of lighter you use, make sure the tip of the flame is always just brushing the salvia. Take the biggest hit you can without pain, coughing can be nasty and confusing/scary once it hits.

Use a bong, whatever one you're most comfortable with taking the smoothest large hits you can out of.

Take a big hit, quickly take another, have someone ready to grab the bong, and then lie down/blast off.

You might regret it.

9. Mgmlovespeace

Mgmlovespeace Member

Do hookahs work?

10. Mgmlovespeace

Mgmlovespeace Member

I'm guessing it won't burn as hot with The hookah right?

11. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

It might sort of work.

I wouldn't use it. Wrong type of heat, and mostly, designed for a different, slow kind of smoking. Hookah is like an evening stroll, salvia is a sprinting relay, complete with handoff.