what drug is everybody on at dubstep concerts?

Discussion in 'Ambient and Trance' started by BlueLightRain, Apr 1, 2011.

1. largeamount

largeamount Senior Member

some people legitimately like it! everyone else - ketamine

2. acuarela

acuarela Member

I've been at parties with shitty music on ketamine. It didn't make me like it.

3. largeamount

largeamount Senior Member

so you use 'shitty music' and 'dubstep' interchangeably?

4. acuarela

acuarela Member

Ha, no. It was never dubstep.

5. Aponymous

Aponymous Member

That's what's so effed up about x, the statement above can only be applied to it and no other manufactured street drug.:rolleyes:

6. Aponymous

Aponymous Member

Where are the wobbles?
    That sounded more like some kind of ambientDubglitch.
    I liked it.

7. Aponymous

Aponymous Member

I can undertstand that but by not giving it a chance aren't you letting those on the board make a decision for you?

8. Boro Boro

Boro Boro Member

I was about to say that.

9. GetLifted20

GetLifted20 Member

Dubstep sounds amazing on shrooms and DXM

10. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

when I started getting into dubsteo the whole wobble thing wasn't so omnipresent. dubstep seemed to me to be a more dark and brooding version of triphop and the like. when the whole wobble thing took off and any remix of a popular track with a wobble and a dubstep sort of beat started to crowd youtube I was done with it and things haven't really improved I think. Live its still great though. Overhere we always mix it with drum n bass/jungle and harder styles of techno, works well i can tell ya!

11. SublymeStylee

SublymeStylee Member

The dubstep scene really started off with tasteful, minimalist music and transitioned to loud, in-your-face wobbles and drops very quickly once it became popular in the US. The Skream song posted earlier in this thread is a good example of early dubstep. Minimal, experimental sounds, based in a dub reggae BPM. The current scene is mostly shit due to the limited nature of the "formula" most dubstep dj's use. Build up, drop, repetitive wobble, breakdown, repeat. I'm hoping it dies out as a genre soon. I really hate how most of my friends think it's the best thing they've ever heard and therefore must be played 24/7 at festivals and parties, but who knows maybe I'm just a cynic.

That being said, I guess Molly is the drug I've been on when I find myself at a dubstep show. I can get down to it sometimes, mostly if the rest of the crowd is raving so I can ride the energy wave. I can pretend to like dubstep for a few hours for the sake of a good time.

12. force_of_acid

force_of_acid Member

There's good dubstep and there's shitty dubstep (unfortunately too much of it is shitty). Like with any other genre of music. And there are people who like it and who don't. It's same with any other genre of music. Didn't you know that!?

Dubstep is really good music to enjoy on ketamine. Because of dark ketamine's nature, dark, deep dubstep goes perfect with it. On ketamine it feels "full", which isn't always case with some other music I like and try to listen while on ketamine. Not that you can't enjoy one without other, of course.

13. vigilanteherbalist2

vigilanteherbalist2 Senior Member

please refer to it by it's proper name. dub step is not the same as dub.

*edit* I went to a few live shows in L.A., and a DJ Tipper show and it was ok. I think MDMA/Ecstacy is the drug you are talking about.

14. SublymeStylee

SublymeStylee Member

I saw Tipper at a festival a few weeks ago and it was awesome, this coming from someone who does not like dubstep. I'm sure the fact that I was rolling balls didnt hurt :tongue:

15. MeatyMushroom

MeatyMushroom Juggle Tings Proppuh

I don't like it, I don't mind it. Not my music of choice. I love it on ketamine though, ketamine has a deep, slow, dark feel to it anyway which blends perfectly with dubstep.

16. apothecaryvybez

apothecaryvybez Member

MDMA "molly"

17. Mr.JHuf

Mr.JHuf Guest

I enjoy it best on acid. i feel i can get the most hyphy and energenic i can get. Mdma when it comes to trance, i can just drift away and get lost in the sound. never tried ketamine but dedef gonna give it a try next festi season

18. tcore108

tcore108 Member

I actually enjoy listening to dubstep when I'm smoking bowls. I was first introduced to Dub-step after smoking out. The music just makes sense when you're "high" if you know what I mean man...

19. borisspider7

borisspider7 Guest

i've tried to get into dubstep but can't. no probs to those who like it. but some younger dxm buddies of mine swear by it. have you checked somafm.com's "dub step beyond" stream?