what drug is everybody on at dubstep concerts?

Discussion in 'Ambient and Trance' started by BlueLightRain, Apr 1, 2011.

1. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

I just can't understand the appeal of the music. I was wondering what drug people take when they listen to that. I imagine extacy.

2. Glowstick

Glowstick member

Well here in saint louis alot of them are on bliss

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

What the fuck is bliss?

Is that one of those names that I've never heard that the media uses to attach a scary handle to drugs I use all the time?

4. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

OP guessed correctly, its called Molly or MDA, it's a more clean form of X... sometimes when you buy a pill of X it can be anything. The kids call it "shardz" nowadays because good M will look like shards of glass or something similar...

edit: and he is also correct that there is no appeal to dubstep unless your wasted on something. People are already starting to realize its a bad form of music, and that it puts electronica in an even more negative light than it already is.

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Probably ketamine and mephedrone. I don't enjoy dubstep live on ecstasy at all.

6. Trips509

Trips509 Member

Ketamine or MXE or even DXM for sure....shit kicks ass when im fucked up

7. BlueLightRain

BlueLightRain Member

Pretty much what I figured. I'm in no position to judge someones music taste. I was just trying to understand it. It just sounds like noise to me.

8. jimmydean885

jimmydean885 Member

acid is the best way to listen to it

9. goodvibes83

goodvibes83 Senior Member

about damn time

dubstep, except for a few exceptions pretty much sucks, at least in my opinion. It needs to get out of the spotlight. Hell I even heard NPR do a story on dubstep back in January haha. A few friends of mine still enjoy dub frequently, I've never really gotten it... I thought it was just me :p

I have gotten down to some ok dub on molly, but it was halloween, and people were getting down so it was contagious, not my normal cup of tea. Though I imagine it'd be even better on ecstacy.

10. jimmydean885

jimmydean885 Member

i listen to dubstep sober quite regularly and have been to concerts totally sober and had a great time. i really do not understand why everyone hates on dubstep. I suppose people just listen to whatever is popular in their area. Minnesota has an awesome dubstep scene, so maybe thats why i love it so much

11. Trips509

Trips509 Member

haha what a bunch of haters, dubstep kicks ass

12. jimmydean885

jimmydean885 Member

hell yeah!

13. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

Like any genre, a lot of dubstep royally SUCKS. And some is good.

14. icecreampheonix

icecreampheonix Member

Most people seem to confuse dubstep with heavy "brostep". That is a corruption of dubstep and it seems to be the most popular amongst the mainstream. This is a good example of nice, deep dubstep. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H2LIXiS2GM"]YouTube - Skream - Memories of 3rd Base

15. cataclysmic cognition

cataclysmic cognition Member

16. acuarela

acuarela Member

There's some good dubstep out there.

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

This says it all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh0EcHlgKSg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh0EcHlgKSg

18. acuarela

acuarela Member

I like Mount Kimbie a lot. It's been my latest obsession lately, although they consider themselves "post-dubstep".

19. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I've never even heard of dubstep, and there's Already a post-dubstep? I think music labels do more to damage music than anything posted on this site... However I'll never give it a chance because of the negativity given to it on this site...

20. acuarela

acuarela Member

Music labels are sort of a joke, but I guess it helps people find more artists of a certain style

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-x1TFxao0oI