17 and never had a girlfriend...

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by The Center, Dec 23, 2010.

1. The Center

The Center Member

Help!

I am not ugly, I'm a really beautiful surfer, totally desireable. I am a bit weird and live in a conservative town though, and I do homeschooling.

My biggest problem is that I cannot seem to meet a girl for longer than 5 minutes and never see her again, since I don't go to a school. Also, my self-confidence has taken a couple of blows, since every single girl I have ever asked out said no. Most recently a girl said yes and then kept stalling the date and I eventually got the hint, but was pissed that she didn't just tell me off the bat that she wasn't interested, and gave me a false sense of hope.

I'm a talkative person, but I never seem to get a conversation to develop. Furthermore, girls always seem to travel in groups that are nearly impossible to break up.
    I don't know what is wrong with me. I'm pretty much one of the hottest people I have ever seen, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't. I'm also very, very romantic. I will not hesitate in cooking a girl a wonderful candle light dinner with organic veggies from my own garden, and write her poetry.
    If I am given the chance to wow a girl, I'll wow her like no man ever has. And the thing that makes it so unbearable is to see so many complete dick heads get girls and then treat them like absolute SHIT.
    Now, I am a bit wacky and over the top, but I'm sure there can't be anything wrong with having lots of passion in life.

I just don't know how to progress a conversation from small talk to asking a girl out, since I normally only get a few minutes... I also have trouble guessing a girls age. I've met girls that look way older or younger than they actually are. I don't go to parties either, since I find them full of shallow drunk people.

I don't know what I'm supposed to do... I'm 18 in 7 months and if I turn 18 and am still single, it would be the worst birthday ever.

2. ahimsa

ahimsa Senior Member

There is nothing wrong with you! You don't need help, you need to relax!

3. Jack_Straw2208

Jack_Straw2208 Senior Member

go places where girls hang out and keep making eye contact and chit chat and embarassing yourself until you can do it without getting nervous, and masturbating less than twice a day is just plain bad for your health

4. walsh

walsh Senior Member

Have you tried doing the complete opposite of everything you normally do?

5. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

Worked for George Costanza!!

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Are You Saying He Should Forget Girls, And "Go Gay"...:eek:

Cheers Glen.

7. The Center

The Center Member

Fuck man, I masturbate tons. It's all I've got in terms of sexual pleasure. I have to lay off a bit though, my dick is getting raw. :p

8. The Earth

The Earth Om Tare Tutare Ture Svaha

see with being homeschooled youre unwillingly subject to the adults world of dating.. unless youre moms friend has a hot daughter.. youre going to have to go out and do it the hard way.. forget the romantic shit until you dated for awhile.. start out with a compliment.. a lot of ladies dont hear it enough so its acutally welcomed...

9. walsh

walsh Senior Member

Well... they do say the ladies love gay men :love:

10. The Center

The Center Member

You mean I should just walk up to a nice girl and give her a fat kiss?

What do you mean by the opposite of what I normally do?

11. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

O.K. Folks, GLEN Is Taking Bets On This Course Of Action, And My Current

Odds Are, 100 to 1 She Smacks His Lights Out...[​IMG].

Ladies And Gentlemen, Would You Care To Place Your Bets Please...:).

Cheers Glen.

12. The Center

The Center Member

I live with my grandparents, so that makes it even more unlikely lol.

Compliments are something I always try to give a girl...
    Forget the romantic stuff till I've dated for a while, no problem, that is why I need to actually get a date.

13. walsh

walsh Senior Member

Well let's take a look at what you said:

Now, what if some girls don't like all that?

Who's to say you're good looking in the way that girls want? I see many guys of all kinds of looks (good and bad) on the street with girlfriends.

Maybe they don't like romantic types? You might be Lord Byron with the pen and Jamie Oliver in the kitchen but that's not going to help you if she doesn't like poetry or cooking.

Maybe they don't want to be 'wowed', or to be an object whose affections are to be attained by your Herculean efforts.

Not saying you should stop being who you are, but maybe stop trying so hard. That's a huge turn-off for lots of people.

14. enk

enk Member

I'm 6 years older than you and never had anything serious either.

There are also people older than me who have never had partners.

It can be depressing but it also opens the door to immense personal growth and insight that couples do not have.

15. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

Whoa - Great attitude - but don't throw in the towel - keep yourself out there. Evolution has mandated that we need and seek others - especially sexual partners

16. The Center

The Center Member

No girl will ever even know that I am romantic since I've never gotten that far.
    I've never got the chance to cook for a girl, never got the chance to write poetry, and never got the chance to give them roses, or nothing. I lack opportunities. I don't try very hard, sometimes I don't try at all. I just don't know how to get from the point of small talk to an actual date, never mind getting to the point where I can cook her dinner and write poetry without her thinking I am totally crazy.

17. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

In Your Original Post You Say That Your "A Bit Weird", Would You Care To

Explain What This Means...:).

Cheers Glen.

18. The Center

The Center Member

I have to say that just makes me scared. I don't want to end up 23 and never actually kissing a girl.

I'm tired of personal growth, I want a kiss!

19. Ddoright

Ddoright Senior Member

:rofl: You're funny!! First, find a chick you're attracted to but not out of your league - Just ask if she would like to go out to eat (restaurant) and take in movie. Blow a little bread on her. Then she'll have to give you a kiss when you take her home. Don't push for a home run on the first date. For god sake - don't act desperate!!

20. The Center

The Center Member

I care about the planet. I believe that plants are smarter than humans. I play the didgeridoo, and am quite hyperactive. I like Beethoven, and I am interested in philosophy. I sometimes wear clothes that could pass as a costume in Josef and his technicolour dreamcoat, and I would make a really good actor. I put crystals in my water, and I grow my own food.
    Take the picture of a hippy surfer in the 60's, add a bit of mad scientist, and a bit of Beethoven, and you get me.
    Oh, and I can put both my legs behind my head and play the didgeridoo.

Edit: Have you ever seen the movie Into the Wild? If you have seen that, then, I'm Alex with a surfboard, and add a love for Beethoven.