Barefoot at a Disney Park?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by StraightToes, Oct 24, 2010.

1. cattard

cattard Member

I went to the now defunct Geauga Lake Amusement Park in Ohio ( i think).

It poured rain and there was a shuttle (read: limo golf cart) driving around picking up people. The driver said I had to put shoes and a shirt on to ride on the shuttle...some people are just idiots....think she's dead now she was so old

2. PatrickGSR94

PatrickGSR94 Member

I've heard that some theme parks that have those roller coasters where your feet dangle require you to remove flip flips so that they don't fall off. That would be cool to have the wind rushing through your bare toes!

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

4. cattard

cattard Member

Yes, most of them I've been on require no sandals. Besides, you can't pay attention to the air in your toes, as you're screaming down the next hill

5. DirtySoles

DirtySoles Member

I found a way to go barefoot at Disney parks. I cut the soles out of Chucks (the shoe). It looks like im wearing normal converse but the bottoms are totally removed leaving the entire sole to touch the ground. Wear pants and nobody notices, not even the Disney security or gate ticket takers.

6. Shakti_Om

Shakti_Om Local Pixie

Yeah, I recently went to Alton Towers in the UK. It's one of our largest theme parks. Firstly no issues with barefeet and secondly they insist that anyone with flip-flops to remove them on the roller coasters etc in case they fly off and cause some damage.

Shayla x

7. j17435

j17435 Member

I really don't understand why us Americans are so uptight about bare feet in public.
    Seems like most Europeans are more accepting of it.
    If I ever get back there, I'll have to put that to the test.

8. ffjeans

ffjeans Member

I've been several times to DisneyWorld in FL; and I've only seen people walking barefoot after sunset. I tried it myself one time, and received no comments. The darkness obscures anyone seeing you clearly. You may also see people scrambling barefoot during short rain downpours.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Donald Duck is always barefoot.

10. cattard

cattard Member

I just came back from a three-day at Darien Lake Amusment Park on NY State. The pathways are ashphalt and I walked barefoot everywhere. Many girls were also barefoot after they came from the waterpark (but they were in swimsuits as well)

My soles were very black and many people were staring at my toe rings

11. atheistkid

atheistkid Banned

I've never had a problem being barefoot at Disney World. There's probably an official policy against it but the people who work there aren't going to notice your feet and probably aren't motivated enough to say anything if they do.

12. Jimmy P

Jimmy P bastion of awesomeness

I tried to enter barefoot and was stopped at the gate - physically held back before I was even asked about my bare feet - and I would take my flip flops off inside the park, only to be told by pretty much every staff who passed me that I needed to wear shoes. They were rude and unpleasant about it without fail.

The whole experience really made me quite hateful of all things Disney.

13. uniped

uniped Member

I was able to gain entry to Disneyland by wearing a half-sole sandal on my foot. While not perfect, I was at least able to enjoy a partial barefoot experience.

14. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

I think it'd be chill as long as you got in.
    hopefully no one is uptight enough to go report a barefooter

15. barefoot4me

barefoot4me Member

I took off my flip flops and carried them on several different days in Disney World, Fl. I even went barefoot in Downtown Disney all with no problems at all.