wen to harvest 30-40 or 50-70% hairs

Discussion in 'Processing Marijuana' started by cannacane jnr, Feb 23, 2010.

1. cannacane jnr

cannacane jnr Member

ive herd 70%,30%50% to harvest.

i want a stoned effect and a get up n go stone.

can some 1 help plz, my tri's r 40% nearly 50% on top, should i harvest?

and if the top cola is ready can i chop just above wer the hairs r still milky an let the scrog at the bottom catch up????

2. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

The best wayto deterrmine if the plant is ripe enough for you is; take a sample. Just one or two buds, dry the sample and do a taste test.

Now if ya go by hair color on the buds ya might be short changing yerself, 'cause after the first hairs have turned amber, more will grow after a couple of days, I've let this cycle for 3-4 times up to 12-14 weeks of flowering, but I search for a good body stone because of muscle ache, but if yer looking for head high ya you'd harvest earlier. This also depends on strains but thats a whole other ball of hash:>D

Also remember that the longer ya cure yer meds the more potent they get, up to about the third month of storage then it will slowly degrade, all depending on how it's stored of course:>)

3. cannacane jnr

cannacane jnr Member

thank you very much, :)

ur rite mre hairs r coming thru in week 7 so iam flushing now and i fink i will give it until week 10,

and i will take a tester in about few days, wen its ad a gd drink of water, any way 2 cure so i get gd taste?

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

what the ol' ape in the tree said .. yeap.. cant argue with that. He can ripe arm out sockets, lulz.. dont let him fool you with the body aches.. :D j/k nh...

Welcome to Hip Forum Cannacane jnr...

5. Naturalhi

Naturalhi Great hairy ape

Curing; acquire several glass jars, enough to hold all the dried mj (50% humid is optimum). Fill jars to about 3/4 full, take the lid off for a couple of hours every day for the first month (if you can wait that long:>) If ya wanna use some you'll notice it gets better with age though. Store the jars in dark warm place. If the meds are too wet when you put them in the jars they'll mold, bad, bad.

6. Steele

Steele Member

get a magnification device and examine the trichomes

7. GlassMasta

GlassMasta Member

yeah man listen to steele

dont go by the hairs..... thats just not a reliable method at all

some strains will have lighter or darker hairs regardless of how ready to harvest they are

like steele said look at the trichs

get a jewelers loupe and look at the trichs that's what you judge the color of

the darker the trichs get the more of a sedate stoned high you will get

8. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

Word!

9. JamesBond007

JamesBond007 Guest

Interesting. Im off to find my microscope...

10. drmaya

drmaya Member

what color should the trichs be for psychodalic stoned... ? personally i dont like to feel sedated and tired.

11. Jruglove

Jruglove Member

trichomes are the way and it depends on what you want. The cleaner less potent head high is when trichomes are all clear, the heavy head high is when approximately half of em are cloudy and half have started turning amber, waiting til most have turned amber will give you a more deep body high. of course strain variations a bigger role here this general principal holds true regardless of sativa vs indica properties

12. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

13. skip

skip Founder Administrator

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This is the way! :)
    You gotta get a scope to see the trichs clearly.