can you get sick from licking someones asshole?

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by seraphina, Dec 24, 2008.

1. seraphina

seraphina Member

i know its not a considerably clean thing to do...

just wondering!!

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

no, not really any more sick than you can get from eating pussy and sucking dick..
    If they have a StD. yes..
    if they wipe their ass clean before you rim job them, then no, I dont think so..

3. FunHogg

FunHogg Senior Member

My guess is the risk is about the same as kissing someone who has a cold or flu. Any exchange of bodily fluids, secretions or matter has it's risk...just be clean and reasonably safe.

4. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Lick mine and find out.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Offers need to be verified...

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly Senior Member

i don't think you could get sick from it, as long as it's cleaned, and there's no STDs involved. but if u see brown ring i say abort mission. to be honest i've never ever met anyone who likes that, not to say that there's not anyone out there that does like it, i just haven't met them, and i'm kinda glad about that, i mean for me anal sex is great, but i don't want anyone lickin it. maybe i'm just not kinky enough

7. sith1

sith1 Member

I'm sorry but I dont agree, there may not be risk of a STD while licking a sexually healthy ass, but I'd still worry about some other things, like stomach infection, or hepatitis, things like that...

I've done it, but I still worry

8. Shale

Shale ~

Yeah, maybe more research to this question on that end. :rolleyes:

I got a hepatitis-A vaccination some years back because I have a tendency to lick assholes. Hopefully that is now covered.

My wife had probs called helicobacter pylori, which is a specific and treatable bacteria that some ppl have. (It is the cause of ulcers - not stress). She went thru all sorts of symptoms with it and had to get hydrated in the ER many times before some genius tested her (blood test) for H pylori. My wife wouldn't let me ask the Dr. if I could catch it by licking her asshole. So, I dunno. But it seems possible - except that some ppl can have the bacteria without a problem.

There is always risks when you are a social creature - to use a medical term, weigh the risk to benefit.

Time passage :rolleyes:

I just jumped onto Google and did a quick search.

Epidemiology

At least half the world's population are infected by the bacterium, making it the most widespread infection in the world. Actual infection rates vary from nation to nation; the Third World has much higher infection rates than the West (Western Europe, North America, Australasia), where rates are estimated to be around 25%. Infections are usually acquired in early childhood in all countries. However, the infection rate of children in developing nations is higher than in industrialized nations, probably due to poor sanitary conditions. In developed nations it is currently uncommon to find infected children, but the percentage of infected people increases with age, with about 50% infected for those over the age of 60 compared with around 10% between 18 and 30 years. The higher prevalence among the elderly reflects higher infection rates when they were children rather than infection at later ages. Prevalence appears to be higher in African-American and Hispanic populations, although this is likely related to socioeconomic rather than racial factors. The lower rate of infection in the West is largely attributed to higher hygiene standards and widespread use of antibiotics. Despite high rates of infection in certain areas of the world, the overall frequency of H. pylori infection is declining. However, antibiotic resistance is appearing in H. pylori; there are already many metronidazole- and clarithromycin-resistant strains in most parts of the world.
    H. pylori is contagious, although the exact route of transmission is not known. Person-to-person transmission by either the oral-oral or fecal-oral route is most likely. Consistent with these transmission routes, the bacteria have been isolated from feces, saliva and dental plaque of some infected people. Transmission occurs mainly within families in developed nations yet can also be acquired from the community in developing countries. H. pylori may also be transmitted orally by means of fecal matter through the ingestion of waste-tainted water, so a hygienic environment could help decrease the risk of H. pylori infection.

So, there you have it. If you are rimming an asymptomatic person with H. Pylori, you run a risk of contracting the bacteria and a quarter of the ppl may be carrying it. H.Pylori is contageous and because my wife had it while I was licking her bootyhole, I will likely go get the blood test, because it may be asymptomatic now and show up in older age.

9. Dipper

Dipper Member

Yep, there is a risk. The person doesn't have to have an STD for the giver to get a nasty bug. You never know what's crawling in the fecal bacteria around the anus; parasites, among other things that people can get just from eating burgers or something. It could give you a nice stomach infection and make you feel like you have food poisoning.

So just make sure everyone is cleaned up good enough (it's never going to be 100% clean because of the coliform bacteria that gets stuck in the skin's pores and stays there even after washing [you'll get it in your mouth while licking vagina, too, as it's all around that area]) and there shouldn't be any problems.

10. driftwood_74

driftwood_74 Level 88

Don't I feel like a vanilla wuss... I got my Hep A vaccine for travelling to 3rd world countries. You're the man, Shale!

11. Shale

Shale ~

Yeah, I guess that too. I've been to India twice in the '70s and seems every Westerner going there was getting hep-A but I never did.

Actually, that is such a mild disease some ppl get it and fight it off without even realizing they had it.

I didn't lick anyone's asshole while in India (Hmm, wonder if all those Westerners that got the disease were?)

12. ivana1215

ivana1215 Visitor

I've done it to my bf a couple times and he loves it. But if someone else was to ask him, he would say no. I guess its weird for a straight male to admit he likes his ass licked! I only do it in the shower or right after he showers. Just to be safe!

13. BigGirlGuy

BigGirlGuy Member

Yes you can get sick, If you are worried try some clear food wrap over the butthole.;)

14. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

I think the holiday themed plastic wrap is a lot cooler.

Get some easter eggs and shit all up in there.

15. nicnic

nicnic Banned

OK I will since you offered!

16. Tisha Mc

Tisha Mc Banned

You have to make sure to be very clean about it. You can get e-coli (or however you spell it). A girl I know actually got e-coli in her vagina from her boyfriend going from anal to vaginal without cleaning things up.

17. henderson15

henderson15 Guest

Ok this is what I wonder for all the folks that do it (I have never tried yet, but might be willing with a dental dam).

Even if you are super clean, if the tongue goes inside (which is supposed to feel amazing, from what I've heard), wouldn't that still make you susceptible to bacteria, and ecoli in particular? Its not like you can really clean out the inside of your asshole well, except maybe if you do a lot of enemas, but then it seems like most people just say they shower and don't do multiple enemas before rimming. By the time you'd do that, it just would seem like too much work for the pleasure gained.

18. Shale

Shale ~

IDK about the actual risks. Sometimes you take risks while in passion. I have never stuck my tongue inside a rectum. OK, just a little pressure against the sphincter, maybe to the second ring of muscles. You get caught up in the moment, y'know. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't use a dental dam or plastic wrap - that removes the passion. I once did a less than spotless clean ass, but while under the control of passion things that seem gross lose their grossness.

So, if you are worried about hygiene definitely do not lick an asshole. If your sexual excitement overrides your hygienic fears, enjoy. And, if there are consequences deal with that when and if it occurs.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing." (Best not to even imagine what Helen Keller licked)

19. deleted

deleted Visitor

I get sick talking to assholes.. :D

20. henderson15

henderson15 Guest

I don't think its a matter of hygiene, but of health. That imo makes a big difference. If it were just a little icky tasting, thats very different than getting ecoli or some other illness. My niece almost died from ecoli.

So while I do agree with you that life should be an adventure, saying that this is the motto you should live by completely ignores concerns about your own survival and preventing illnesses. If its all about living an adventure, then why would we ever wear condoms or wait until we know someone and trust them to sleep with them?

Hence for me, rimming is fine, but only with dental dams.