Alcohol Extract for Mescaline Cacti Made Easy

Discussion in 'Cacti Delecti' started by Omacatl, Dec 22, 2008.

1. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

here is a rediculously easy extraction tek which aFOAF has found great success with.
    the end result produces not only mescaline but other goodies and alkaloids are also extracted so its not
    like you are wasting anything in the process and the spirit of the plant is preserved.a dose of about 50 grams dried peruvian torch is a good way to test for potency and still not be dissapointed in fact some have compared it to an all day "psychedelic lolipop." most Peruvian Torch skin from online vendors is like .8% to 1.2% mescaline. if intensity is your desire simply increase the dosage after you have tested the waters. the advantage to this method is that there is no slimy cactus tea or snot to drink, and no large amount of powder capsules bloating your stomach reducing nausea considerably and allowing for the possibility higher doses with less discomfort. the final extract could yield anywhere from 300-600 mg of mescaline in a crude tincture.

method 1. (7-9 days total) The Sit and Soak.

Materials: (for one dose)
    50grams dried peruvian torch flesh powder
    Everclear or 99% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol (you can use 93% or 91% just make sure there is only ALCOHOL and WATER. when using isopropyl evaporation is important.)
    1 glass jar big enough to hold the powder.
    Another Glass jar to hold the extract liquid.
    1 large glass pyrex pie plate or baking dish (must use GLASS ONLY!! important!!!)
    Coffee filters, or a muslin, or a cheesecloth.

Procedure:
    First put the torch powder in the glass jar, and pour your alcohol in covering the powder 2 inches or enough to double the contents of the jar.shake the jar vigorously then leave it to sit for 3 days shaking it from time to time.
    [​IMG]

when your alcohol turns a greenish black it has absorbed enough alkaloids after three days then you carefully pour off the liquid into a seperate jar and filter it using the Coffee filters saving the powder. a tee shirt or a cheese cloth works well too. after straining off the greenish colored alcohol put the powder back in the original jar and add fresh alcohol. repeat three times. after you have let the powder soak for three pulls over 9 days the alcohol should stop turning a dark green and should be a light see-through green.
    [​IMG]

this is how you know your powder got most of the goodies extracted. if you want you can pull until it's clear. Finally take the black alcohol you have collected in your other jar then put it in the big glass pyrex dish for evaporation. you can throw the cactus powder away.

to evaporate: a fan blowing on the pyrex dish will dry in a few hours. drying can be sped up by letting the glass baking dish sit on a pot of boiling water, but make sure you use an ELECTRIC STOVE because a gas stove may ignite alcohol fumes. if you are in your kitchen make sure the fan is on and a door is open for adequate ventilation. the alcohol should evaporate quickly leaving a gooey black residue which can be scraped up, rolled into balls and frozen for storage.just make sure ALL THE ALCOHOL IS EVAPORATED., and this can be done by smelling the extraction, it shouldn't smell at all like alcohol. this gooey residue is mescaline freebase oil, chlorophyl, waxes, plant fat, and other alkaloids.

[​IMG]

if you used 99% isopropyl the goo will be more of a dry flaky crud called mescaline carbonate which can be scraped up and powdered. the mescaline carbonate is formed when the solvent has been disolved and the mescaline reacts with CO2 in the air to form a crystalized salt.

Justea likes this.
  2. PeaceAndRasta

PeaceAndRasta Senior Member

wow! i love u man!
    thanks a lot!

3. PeaceAndRasta

wait, i put alcohol in with the dry cacti, and wait for 3 days. and pour everything in a coffee filter and the liquid that comes out of the filter its the result? and i need to just wait until the alcohol will evaporate? wow!

and how come in my thread u posted the u had better trips with the boiled than the extract?

this should be a sticky!

if i want to use san pedro, how big should it be? (in foot) for a trip?

4. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

i was referencing that heat has little effect on mescaline potency.

i haven't used nearly as much dried material to get the doses i receive from fresh brews using 2 ft or more of cactus.

5. PeaceAndRasta

oh, so for the extract, the fresher the better?
    and 2 ft do the job?
    sorry to bother lol i just really want to study this method :p

6. ghost of rat

ghost of rat Senior Member

Cool.
    Another simpler method I recently employed is:
    I let the powdered San Pedro, and finely ground Cannabis sit in Absinthe (90%) for 1 week. Strain and recover the Cacti/Cannabis woth more Absinthe for another week. Strain and combine the liquids. drink.

I know its not going to be like pure mescaline. I concept of being drunk and tripping is odd, but should be lots of fun none the less.

7. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

no. this extract requires dried cactus. please read the tek.
    50-100 grams of dried cactus can be extracted into one dose.

8. PeaceAndRasta

what size the pieces should be? what do u recommend the most?
    and i keep pouring new alcohol into the pieces until the alc. have no color, and the pieces turn into powder? and while i wait 3 days i let the jar with the extract to evaporate right? and max 9 days? how long does it take to the alcohol to evaporate?

just making it clear :cheers2:

9. Omacatl

Omacatl Senior Member

dude. read the tek. all this is covered in the tek

the cactus should already be powdered and dried before you start the extraction. you SOAK the powder for 3 days until the alcohol is black then STRAIN it. REPEAT twice, then COLLECT all the alcohol you saved and EVAPORATE IT.

Ediction421 likes this.
  10. PeaceAndRasta

oh, i seee....
    thanks!

11. canibus99

canibus99 Guest

Just a quick question on this as I have seen a very complicated method online to make chemical extraction of mescaline.

How is this method consumed? Smoked, snorted, digested?

What effects does it give you? Is this method more "calm" of a method than the chemical method? or is it the same?

12. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

I tried this and it worked wonders, except that I added the juice of 2 limes for each pull to get mescaline citrate, which is a little easier on the stomach. I also had to quick-dry the water out of mine once all the IPA evaporated by fan. I threw it in the oven at 200 F with the door cracked (very important that it's cracked, especially if it's still got alcohol in it) until it dried to a big, hard cake. Then I cut it into pieces that were equivilant to 100 gram doses and gave most of them away.

I was also thinking of trying to use the resulting tar for an a/b extraction. I figure it'd be easier to use the tar than possibly have cactus skin get into your sep funnel, clogging it. Haven't tried it yet, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work.

13. peacegrow

peacegrow Member

I tried this last summer and it worked pretty well. I just capped up the results from 80g dried into about 7 or 8 gelcaps. It seemed like the nausea was reduced compared to tea....although I usually fair pretty well with tea.

I'm sure it was partly subjective, but it seemed like a slightly different trip than making tea. Maybe a little bit less euphoric. Maybe there's some alkaloid that doesn't dissolve in the alcohol that adds a little euphoria.....or maybe it was just me.

14. 36fuckin5

36fuckin5 Alchemycologist

Well, you could always use IPA with more water in it. That'll pull out anything that the tea would.

15. 10ftganjaplant

10ftganjaplant Member

how about using isopropyl rubbing alcohol that is only 70%

16. 10ftganjaplant

10ftganjaplant Member

any method of drying the cacti faster

17. gr33n

gr33n Guest

I'm extracting with isopropyl at the moment but it doesn't leave a hard resin that can be turned into a powder... it's more sticky and I can roll it into balls. Have I done it right? And do I really need to wait 3 days in between pulls? The water turns black within a few hours.

18. marblegallery

marblegallery Member

Does someone have a nice site to get the dried powder from?

19. neongreen

neongreen Member

Can this method be used with San Pedro as well as Peruvian Torch? Thanks.

20. ancient powers

ancient powers Member

I got the same type of goo when I did a evaporation of a 1:2 lemon juice/water 20min simmering 3x with straining and fresh solution. The collected solutions being filtered through a fine mesh strainer to remove all sediment. Its been 3 weeks and its still gooey.