urinary tract infection, help?!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by bandana_girl, Dec 14, 2008.

1. bandana_girl

bandana_girl Member

So i just got a urinary tract infection about 4 days ago. It's not too bad of one, theres no blood or anything, it just hurts to pee and i often feel the need to pee even if not much comes out. I don't want to have to take antibiotics, so i'm wondering if theres anything i can do to treat it? so far i've just been drinking a lot of tea and juice and taking cranberry supplement, but it's not helping much, how long will the infection last? so yeah, any suggestions for treatment please?? :confused:

2. MaryJBlaze

MaryJBlaze eleven

straight up cranberry juice, 1L downed in 5 minutes(i heard somewhere you were supposed to do that, not sure if it really mattered or not) a few times a day worked for me...I only ever had one, and it fuckin sucked...im sorry to hear of your pain:(

3. bandana_girl

bandana_girl Member

lol ok, so three liters of cranberry juice a day? i'm not gonna be able to leave the toilet hahaha
    yeah this is the first infection i've had and it does suck lol
    but thank you for the advice :D

4. beautiful_freak

beautiful_freak Member

yep cranberry juice and anything sour! it will make the bladder sour and the bacteria won't like it and stop sticking to your bladder and you'll pee 'em out (something like that:) )

5. usfcat

usfcat CaterCreeps

Please go to the doctor and get antibiotics! I did that once and avoided the doctor because I thought I could avoid it...then a few days later I was in so much pain I couldn't walk...went to the ER and the infection spread to my kidneys as well as one stone in each kidney.