trying blue lotus

Discussion in 'Psychedelics' started by gib_0101, Oct 15, 2008.

1. gib_0101

gib_0101 Member

Hello,

I'm interested in trying blue lotus. I just want some information first. For example, if I had a choice between dried flowers or an extract, which should I get (I intend to smoke it)? Also, how long do the effects last?

Thanks for any information you can give.

2. Jim_Morrison_Reincarnate

Jim_Morrison_Reincarnate Member

I don't think smoking it will do any good. Try making a tea. You just looking for an alcohol alternative?

3. VaporDude

VaporDude Member

smoking it is bomb, it tastes good, and mixes really well in doobs; leaf or extract are both good, obviously extract is stronger. tea is good too.

4. HauntedGraffiti

HauntedGraffiti Member

the extracts are powder, really hard to smoke them and arent that good for making tea.
    even though the potency is lower, get some dried flowers. really good for making tea and easy to smoke them.

5. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

gonna try cigarettes of it, we'll see.

6. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

^^^i'm interested to hear back.

7. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I smoke blue lotus stems with weed sometimes, I find it removes a lot of the anxiety and paranoia, but this could be placebo.

8. Driftwood Gypsy

feels good'. last time i had tried Tribal Trance- which had mugwort and lions tail, but this, Hazy Dayz, has that plus Blue Lotus. definitely stronger, feels very euphoric, relaxing, spiritual.

9. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

why don't you just buy the herbs yourself instead of buying smoking blends? i'm sure it's much cheaper.

10. Driftwood Gypsy

i'm relatively new to kinds of smokeables, and i can't get them where i live. it's a bus ride to where I buy them, and i don't know of any place that sells just the herbs. but this store has good reviews and i've heard good things, so i'm trying each blend one at a time, noting their subtle notes and differences, and learning the effects of each and which i like better.

11. Driftwood Gypsy

bought Nimbus cigs with Blue and White Lotus and Damiana. good, trippy.

12. Driftwood Gypsy

BLUE LOTUS
    [​IMG]
    COMMON NAMES
    Blue Lotus; Blue Water Lily; Egyptian Lotus; Sacred Narcotic Lily of the Nile
    Nymphaea ampla: White Lotus
    Nelumbo nucifera: Sacred Lotus; Pink Lotus
    EFFECTS CLASSIFICATION
    Sedative
    DESCRIPTION
    The dried flowers of certain species of Nymphaea and Nelumbo are sometimes smoked, made into a tea, or macerated in alcohol for a mild sedative effect.
    Blue Lotus is a mild relaxing herb on its own, and a wonderful relaxing potentiator for many plants and substances. It is frequently featured in smoking blends. It is very effective when mixed.
    Blue lotus mixes well with:

• Alcohol

• Cannabis

• Shesha

• Kanna

• Dagga

• Dagga & Salvia (very popular commercial combination)

• many others...
    When mixed with substantial amounts of cannabis, some claim it simply feels like smoking more cannabis. However, instead of providing a more edgy/high type of experience, it is more relaxing and calm. It is ideal for treating paranoia while high, although it will only increase the potency.
    In the Homer's Odyssey, there are lotus eaters who eat Blue Lotus. They have gone crazy, presumably from eating the plant.