How long does Lorazepam (Ativan) stay in your system?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by patHAOomg, Sep 18, 2008.

1. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

And how long does this drug actually relieve anxiety for? I'm assuming 2-4 hours... I am probably wrong, though.

Correct me....

please.

2. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Aren't you prescribed to it? These are things you should be asking your doctor to be honest man.

The half-life is 9-16 hours, as per Wikipedia.

3. GreenGuy101276

GreenGuy101276 Member

benzodiazepines are generally traceable for less than a week. it will last you less than 24 hrs. Why are u taking them??? They are usually used as an end of the day sleep aid... from what legit applications I have seen.

(on a side note)
    [​IMG]

4. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

Thanks, man. Yeah... I just wanted to know what the half-life was, because I wasn't sure of it. I have heard that the half-life is 4 hours. I've heard that it was 8 hours. Now, you're telling me Wikipedia says it's 9-16 hours. It's kind of confusing and right now, my internet is fucking up terribly, but this forum has been working fine for the last few hours. So, I don't want to leave from here and go find out the actual half-life because I'm afraid that this website will then become unaccessible like the rest of the entire web. lol.

I am, indeed, prescribed Lorazepam, but only the 0.5mg ones. My doc only prescribed me enough to last me till my next visit as long as I take them EXACTLY as prescribed. That leaves me no room for experimentation. The 0.5mg dose itself only seems to have an effect for about 2 hours or so. I don't get to see my doc again till next month and I kinda wanted to know now.

But thanks for hitting Wikipedia up for me, man. Because I can't right now. It's appreciated. :)

5. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

Actually, I am very intelligent and I happen to LOVE trance as well as a vast plethora of other music genres like classical, bluegrass, jazz, and progressive death metal. And so do a lot of other intellectuals that I know. I guess we're all idiots, huh.....

Technically, only an idiot would post such a stupid fucking image like that to begin with. On top of that, it makes you an idiot ASSHOLE because you apparently get off on trying to offend people via the internet. Get a fucking hobby, man. Like playing in traffic or something constructive like that.

Lorazepam is a benzodiazepine commonly used to treat anxiety and panic disorder. I don't know where you get your information from, but I am not prescribed Lorazepam as a sleep aid. I am prescribed to it for PANIC DISORDER and ACUTE ANXIETY.

So, instead of annoying me with your bullshit, how about you go jump in front of a Mack Truck and do the world, and this forum, a huge favor...... you fucking shit-filled bag of cocks.

6. Feelings Of U4ia

First of all, you are wrong, it is not "usually" used as a sleep-aid. Please do not post information that is false. Please, stay out of anything related to these forums, because you honestly have NO knowledge whatsoever. Furthermore, I urge you to never comment on anyone elses style of music. Not only is it ignorant, and makes you look more like a jackass then you already do yourself, it's just a sad attempt for attention.

Also, it's really sad you had to not only hi-jack a thread with some pointless picture, you had to go as far as PMing me a whiny bitchy thing about your music being SOOOO much better? Wow, you are officially the lamest person on hipforums. That is certainly a feat.

This is what was in my inbox....

First of all, you can't even spell right. Second of all, you must not understand rhythm if you think IDM has it.

IDM! That is pure irony for an unintelligent human being to listen to something called "intelligent dance music." It's sad that a genre has to label itself such, as well.

Good luck in life, you have already failed at it so far though, so there probably isn't much hope for you!

Here is some comments that some "IDM" artists have commented about your so called intelligent dance music:

Way to go, but please, next time you try attacking my music taste, at least have something decent enough to compare it to. It's really sad that you got offended by signature too, it shows just how pathetic you really are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5y8C6wWQ6o&feature=related

This is what you tried to tell me is better then trance? Do people really actually consider this music? It sounds like an ape humming into a microphone while a 3 year old plays one of those pre-made songs and then bashes the keyboard to add extra notes in while the sub track plays....

Also, here is something to show you what Ativan is "usually" prescribed for, since you posted horrible, false information. We know it was only an attempt to whine about how your style of music (you even pmed me to cry about it) but here is some information so you don't look like such a funboy next time:

Therefore, I must say, your avatar sure does suit you well. Please do not attempt to reply, you will only make yourself look more and more like your avatar.

Intelligent dance music...haha. Thank you for the laugh tonight, it was a slow and boring night until you came along!

Also here is some more "Intelligent dance music" for ya guys, if you thought maybe the first one was just a fluke. This is actually what this guy is telling me is real music, and has rhythm. Trance actually has thought, emotion, and skill involved. This is just a bunch of random sounds you could make in a bathroom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMWQIH1pzo&feature=related

Now compare this to something that actually has thought, feeling, rhythm, emotion, and A BEAT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fnys5p0CP18

7. patHAOomg

patHAOomg Member

Oh Jesus Herbert Moonwalking Christ.... You just got fucking owned to the highest degree of ownage that I have ever seen in the entirety of my life. Holy fucking shit balls....

There is piss all in my pants and shit all over the walls at my house now, due to U4IA's ownage of your unintelligent rectum.

:willy_nilly::rofl::willy_nilly::rofl:

And I do not pity you in the slightest, GreenGuy. You should really learn to regulate that dick-sucker every once in a while and think before you let diarrhea like that fall out of that glory hole of yours.

U4IA.... motherfucking cheers, man. seriously.

8. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Everyone is different. Benzos are traceablle in urine for up to and over an entire month, so better be safe than sorry.

9. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

And guys, please stop this kind of BS arguing on the forums. This is a drug forum, not a lets compare musical tastes and see how intelligently we can insult each other forum. If you dont have anything pertinent to say regarding the topic of the thread, then please, dont post. People come here to get advice without having to skim through pages of unrelated crap. I'll leave this thread open for now because there is some useful information, but please read the forum guidelines before you start posting.

10. Feelings Of U4ia

This is like the 3rd person who has attacked me in OTHER people's threads about my musical taste. This guy went as far as to PM me about it. Idiots like this should be banned from the forums.

11. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

It's been happening a lot the past 2 weeks. The forums havent been this pathetic since 06 really. If someone is intentionally bothering you, hit the report post button, or send a PM to a moderator. I've had to close several threads this week, some of them were like 40 posts deep into personal attacks and BS. People dont get it lol, having fun and joking is more than welcome, so is going a little off topic. But when threads turn into back and forth flames, they are going to be closed as per the rules. Illegal sources and personal attacks are the two most frowned upon things in this subforum.
    Just keep it cool and we should all have respect for each other, if anyone has a problem send it to a mod, myself or Salmon or any others.

12. DejaVoodoo

DejaVoodoo Member

That was a lot of unnecessary typing and arguing over a forum..but to each his own.

Anyway, about lorazepam. My doctor prescribes it to me only as a sleep aid...so this is actually a common use. I take 1-2mg usually and sleep well. I used to take it regularly and I would notice that I'd need one for anxiety around every 6 hours or so.

13. Feelings Of U4ia

How do I "warn" a PM? I couldn't find that function...

14. ernier

ernier Guest

:eek:i have a prescription for anxiety never had a problems like this until i became unemployed and had not much to do also i just got my social security disability approved and it has been a had transition from working 60 hrs a wk to just hanging out i will be 60 at the end of the month. i wished for this but now that it came to be i am having a bit of trouble adjusting but i will get a hange of it with a little help from my friends. thanks from mcmozilla