Can Acid make you go crazy For The Rest Of You Life?

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Jay_Billionz, Jul 5, 2008.

1. i_need_a_miracle

i_need_a_miracle Cajun Cornbread Jigger

One time when I was 14, I was dragged off to this church function and I didn't want to be there, and I was tripping my balls off. And they had these BRIGHT yellow walls. And for some reason, in my head, I just figured I was hallucinating the walls, so I was going to prove that thought, by running through the wall. lol

I hit the wall dead on and knocked myself out for a few minutes.

The entire church function population were glued to the scene.

I started laughing and I couldn't stop, so I left the building and walked around smoking cigarettes and tried several times to call my friend to come and get me.

2. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

no argument there. I def. don't think lsd is for everyone. I only wanted to point out that we can't really use anything based on personal experience to derive universal conclusions about a given thing, even if that experience is vast. to do so is an act of ad hominem. scientists know that even though their clinical experiments say one thing, they have to be open to additional truth or reproofs to the contrary, otherwise genuine scientific advancement is limited. we are always limited by the selective processing our brains carry out that's been programmed to function a certain way by thousands of years of human habits.

but I think 3xi nailed it when he said you know you're ready for it if you have no fear, and fear is a huge driving force in our culture so it's difficult to separate yourself from feelings of fear before a psychedelic experience. earlier more humble cultures had less innate fear when they entered the realm of psychedelia. they were ppl who had to face their mortality every day and figure out how to feed themselves. they were a good example of when you have less, you have less worries.

our western separatism and shelterism helps keep our latent fears abundant. being so detached from the rugged world gives you a feeling of having a lot to lose and therefore having more fear. so you have a western mind approach something like lsd with no shamanic precedent and many generations of neurochemistry built in emphasizing monatery and material values, it's no wonder there's such a plethora of bad trips around us: our western peers have a long way to drop from their innate egos.

I just think that if people understand their cultural context and frame of reference, they would see that the lsd is never to blame for psychosis, but our far distance from our indigenous values. That we collectively steered away from those values hundreds of years ago is to blame. You don't blame the surgeon because he found a malignant tumor while performing an appendectomy, just as you don't blame the teacher who taught you about gravity everytime you fall and hurt yourself.

3. i_need_a_miracle

I think acid should be a mandatory experience just ONCE in everybody's life.
    After that one experience, you can make the decision to never do it again.
    Or you can keep on keepin' on... and make it one long strange trip of life.

4. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

that may be, but to make it mandatory I think would strip the experience of something.

I think for starters it oughta be legalized for clinical or therapeutic use so that it is available to those who want to try and they know they will be with trained professionals to help ease fears by putting the experience into that type of context. same reason people are weird about illegal drugs but are mostly fine with drugs from the pharmacy and have a label even if the pharm drugs are 1000 times more dangerous. people are kinda dumb like that

5. i_need_a_miracle

Well, mandatory, like in 1984, just without all the brainwashing bullshit, if that makes any sense.

6. OlderWaterBrother

OlderWaterBrother May you drink deeply Lifetime Supporter

I can't speak for everyone as you've said but for me taking LSD in the presence of trained professionals would be a guaranteed bummer. Personally I want to be outdoors in a forest near a steam, the more nature the better.

7. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

yeah I wouldn't want that environment myself, but you and I are capable of tripping on our own. "trained professionals" was probably the wrong choice of words, and I didn't have some office with leather couches in mind but more of what you described: nature retreats, etc. the difference would be that it would be in a legal context with experienced guides for those who are straight and squeamish and are the type that's more comfortable with a drug that came from a pharmacy rather than dubious sources. if they see an established protocol beforehand, they might have much less fear, but this is only a theory

8. i_need_a_miracle

Become your own professional.
    Become your own profession.
    Become an acid guru.

Mmmhmm.

9. OlderWaterBrother

I drive people with disabilities to where they want to go. I think I'll just stick with that for the time being.

10. OlderWaterBrother

I guess I knew what you were talking about but when you said trained professionals, I flashed on white rooms and lab coats.

What you say sounds good and could work, now if we could just talk the rest of the world into it. Hmmm.

Also now that you mention it maybe my friends on bummers would have been better off with experienced guides rather than being struck with me but they thanked me after so I guess I didn't do to bad.

11. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

Since my fading 'trip' I would just like to give another perspective through which someone might never 'come back':

if a person saw or felt a series of emotions or emotional events that were so much more beautiful, euphoric, and meaningful to them than the sober experiences of their life.

I think the phenomenon of 'loosing someone to a drug' with psychedelics could likely be less about the demons a man sees in his trip and more about the madness that he sees in his return to the accepted norm.

12. OlderWaterBrother

Very well could be true. Like I said the person I knew no longer communicates so it's very difficult know why he didn't come back.

13. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

acid is the only drug with such a pure euphoria that I would say a Good trip to be much more dangerous than a bad one! this dodgy deal of a society is so painful once absolute euphoria is within one's recent past.
    If I did not value my life as much as I did, perhaps I would give in.

14. baloon

baloon Member

i was talkin about drugs in general. im not too big on acid, as i mentioned earlier in this thread, but ive done my share of coke and pills, ex. ecstasy.... and people that i know, incl. me, are just not the same after it gets to be a lil too much, im not saying theyre dumb, just not as smart as they used to be... in a sense that the connections that they make just seem a little too far out

15. Severely stoned

Severely stoned Senior Member

16. baloon

baloon Member

for example, my mother in law took huge amounts of coke and drank all summer (and god knows what else) couple years back, and then she started buying big jugs of water and puttin them in her basement, and telling us Jesus is comin soon and she is preparin for the end of the world (well... religious is ok but that was a lil too much and i blame the drugs and booze)

17. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Although coke can really mess people up, that sounds like a psychotic break or schizophrenia baloon. Coke and booze affect your mind but not to that degree, afaik.

18. baloon

baloon Member

yeah well she only smokes pot lately, and that she does scarcely, so im not that worried about her..... and shes been workin, keepin a place to live, just livin a regular life, cuttin down on partyin a great deal while she works, so i guess shes gunna be fine

19. whitney is awesome

whitney is awesome Member

idk if it can make u crazt but i know someone who did acid and lickesd a tv for half an hour. lol. it wass quite funny.

20. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

I know this feeling. The first time I did it I had an experience so good, I did not want to come back. It took me a long time to come to terms with the fact I had to come back. The experience is engrained so deeply in me though that I still partially feel like I'm there. Like, not a flashback, just like I permanently changed a base function in my brain.