Niacinamide??

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by Tanman35, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Tanman35

Tanman35 Member

i heard taking a tablet of this during a trip will take you out of it (or atleast speed up the process greatly) i was wondering if anyone here had actually tried it and how it went and also would this work with stuff like 2ci and 2ce or just acid? thanks

2. iamthewalrus22

iamthewalrus22 Member

Yeah, they mean niacin. I dont know though if it works though.

3. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

isnt that a viatmin or something? sounds like the drink orange juice to trip harder myth too me although i have no idea for sure...

4. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

from Wikipedia:

Some have suggested that administration of niacin (nicotinic acid, vitamin B3) could be useful to end the LSD user's experience of a "bad trip".[31] The nicotinic acid in niacin as opposed to nicotinamide, will produce a full body heat rash, which is caused by widening of peripheral blood vessels. The effect is somewhat akin to a poison ivy rash. Although it is not clear to what extent the effects of LSD are reduced by this intervention, the physical effect of an itchy skin rash may itself tend to distract the user from feelings of anxiety. Indeed, nicotinic acid was experienced as a stressor by all tested persons. The rash itself is temporary and disappears within a few hours. It is questionable if this method could be effective for people having serious adverse psychological reactions.

I think it would just make things worse.

5. surething

surething Member

i've taken niacin a few times to end a acid trip during an emergency. though it doesnt exactly end it, it does drastically dull down visuals within minutes because the b3 flushes your system and calms down your nervous system. i've never gotten a rash from it before but ive heard of people who have because theyve had an allergic reaction to it. i usually carry a bottle of 500mg pills just in case when im tripping but taking anything over 2grams within a 24 hour period can be dangerous for your liver

6. Tanman35

Tanman35 Member

yea it seems like its a worth a shot just incase something goes wrong but does anyone know if it just works with acid or any psychedelic?

7. rollontheground

rollontheground Member

wow, so new thing to recomend instead of benzos when someones havin a bad trip? 1-2 grams of niacin...thats cool.

8. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

I saw a friend eat half a bottle of niacin while on acid, and it did not bring him down at all, it tripped him out more (from the effects of the niacin).