How to potentiate Xanax and other benzo's!!

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by JahRed24, May 21, 2008.

1. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

What do u guys think about the whole potentiating benzos (xanax in my case) with White Grapefruit Juice and/or Tagament, which both are supposed to inhibit some enzyme or w/e and therefor increases the 'high'

I got this from Wikipedia:
    "Eating grapefruits or drinking grapefruit juice while using alprazolam increases blood concentrations by inhibiting the intestinal metabolism.[38]

In fact, any drug that inhibits CYP3A4, for which alprazolam is a substrate, will increase serum concentrations of alprazolam significantly if administered prior or concurrently. Tagamet (cimetidine) is a widely used H2 blocker antacid that inhibits numerous cytochrome P450 enzymes.

Oral contraceptive pills reduce the clearance of alprazolam, which may lead to increased plasma levels of alprazolam and accumulation."

I've tried both these methods (the WHITE grapfruit juice and the Tagamet (cimetidine) of potentiatiing my xanax... I never really noticed much from drinking the white grapefruit juice (plus it taste isn't very nice either) but the Tagamet seemed to always work, but who knows? some of u guys should try both these methods with ur next Benzo adventure and let us know what ur results were....

It must be the WHITE GRAPEFRUIT JUICE and drink a full glass (8-12oz) about 35mins b4 u pop ur xanax..

If your using the Tagamet then take 200-400mgs, i reccommend taking 2 tagamet pills (each pill is 200mgs) about 45mins b4 u pop the xanax.

Lets me know whats ur guy's results are, Experiement my friends...

PS - I think the Tagamet works the best for potentiating my xanax a lot more then the White Grapefruit juice ever has. and i've done experiements many of times with taking xanax alone, with grapfruit juice and with the Tagamet. Plus its a lot easier to pop 2 pills then drinking a lot of that nasty white grapefruit juice ....so let us know what you guys think about these methods for enhancing benzos....btw Tagamet and White Grapefruit Juice work the same way when potentiating opiates!

2. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

I heard that white grapefruit juice was the best GFJ, but does red ruby grapefruit juice work??

and is tagamet over the counter?

3. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Alcohol is the best benzo potenator. Of course, you might die.

4. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

Yes Tagamet is over-the-counter here in the United States. And if you are gonna use GFJ then use the White Grapefruit Juice cuz its works better, a lot better ((i could get technically but u wouldnt understand anyways)). The red ruby gfj dont really work at all..

5. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

damn that sucks, I cant find white GFJ anywhere! where'd you get it?

6. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

opiates too i hear.

7. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

yeah I want to try it with opiates because its supposed to work similarly, I got bored of benzos already.

8. -beatnick

-beatnick Senior Member

people have said the nod is incredible. just be careful mixing two downers.

9. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

what two downers?

10. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

oh well yeah of course opiates and benzos (xanax especially) potentiate eachother A LOT and lets u 'nod' out a lot easier/faster and with less amount of the opiate ur using...but im not talking about potentiating Benzos with other drugs like opiates/alcohol/weed/ect. im talkin about what i said it my original post about potentiating xanax with Tagamet and/or White Grapfruit Juice...

PS - poster asking about where to get White Grapefruit Juice? Usually in the "juices" isle at ur local super-market. - And now to answer ur question about where to get a bottle of 100% White Grapefruit Juice, well it can be purchased at ur local grocery store (around here its would be a Publix or Kroger) but whatever major grocery stores are around you then you can go there and find it there my friend. Just look down the "Juices" isle and its usually near by the other GFJ products like that "Ruby Red Grapefruit Juice" (Which doesnt work, so stick with White). GOod luck let us know how it goes. But remember in my personal opinion i would say 400mgs (max) potentiates the xanax (and other benzos) A LOT more then the White grapefruit juice...plus its easier to pop two lil tagamet pills then drinking like 20oz's of some nasty (to me at least ha) ass White Grapefruit Juice.

11. Superpimp

Superpimp Member

ive overdosed mixing oxy with ativan.........it was the most calm moment of my life....i was so calm i actualy stoped breathing for several min's....

12. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

No I mean I got bored of using benzos by themselves. I've mixed oxy with xanax and it was alright, but I liked oxy by itself much better.

but oxy tolerance is starting to creep up on me, I went from 60mg two nights ago to 150mg last night ( I was depressed cuz of something that happened with my brother).

I think Im gonna take a break from the oxy, tonight just chill and drink beer and watch basketball.

13. Superpimp

Superpimp Member

if your bored of using benzos alone try eating a few weed cookies or something...when the benzos start wearing off the cookies will be creeping on

14. Sensei

Sensei Senior Member

or pop the benzo when the weed cookie starts to kick in

15. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

or get barred out and smoke all ur weed and then be pissed off the next morning cuz u smoked all ur bud while on xanax and dont even remember smoking it..lol thats what usually happens to me if i have more then 2 xanax bars on hand....

16. crazy_chris

crazy_chris Guest

That vitamin C works pretty well, and I've tried it myself and it does, but I'm testing the tagament now, well I'm still waiting for 2:45, but I'll let you know how that goes, but I've never felt too much of any thing from white GFJ to increase any effects....anyway, I'll let you know how this goes, though I took 600 mg, I actually have heartburn though lol

17. crazy_chris

crazy_chris Guest

but hell I got some wagon wheels (equivalent of a bar just round with mylan a4 on them and scored to four sections) anyway, and I've 7 footballs to proceed with this experiment and I should probably hide my weed from myself before the xanax kicks in or I'm sure I'd be very irritable tomorrow

18. crazy_chris

crazy_chris Guest

oh and I'm too fucked up to read over everything but don't smoke cigarettes while on benzodiazepine's, it decreases the effects

19. crazy_chris

crazy_chris Guest

I never could get wasted off of ativan, no matter how many I've taken and it didn't calm me down when they shot me up with it at the hospital either lol but oxy's are great, they're a bitch to crush though

20. crazy_chris

crazy_chris Guest

k so the tagaments speed up the reaction n now I'm poppin the vitamin c to see how that goes, now I need to find something to do today