xAnAx: Snorting or swallowing?

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by JahRed24, Oct 13, 2007.

1. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

haha His post-count is 16.

2. kil0

kil0 The Rebel

lmao I thought it was his age hahahaha

but my statement still holds.

3. Eagles06

Eagles06 Member

Ok... Xanax is an IR(Instant-Release) medication, so no matter how it is taken, you will get all 1mg or 2mg or whatever of that pill all at the same time, unlike say, oxycontin, which is ER(extended-release), and so when we crush and snort it, we get all 80 or whatever mg all at once and is much more intense. Now, snorting or chewing xanax will make it hit you faster and may be a little more intense just at first because it is getting into you bloodstream alot quicker, but for the most part you are better off just swallowing them. Me, myself, I either chew them up or let them delsove under my tounge.

4. RollAnotherDrewbie

RollAnotherDrewbie Member

the bioavaliability is higher when taken orally, but i also have snorted xanax, and it does work

5. does2

does2 Member

BAHA!
    I can admit I sniffed anything in site, even cat litter, but that was done by the age of 15...

Is it not common knowledge that BENZO's have a much higher BA orally?
    Sheesh, who woulda known the druggies here fucking geniuses??

Also, to you guys who think sniffing xanax makes it hit you harder:
    lulz (is that acceptable?)

One time 4 ya mind, one time. :cheers2:

6. does2

does2 Member

Then maybe he should head on over to "Introduce yourself"

7. HPPD

HPPD Guest

Almost every pill has binders and fillers that are not meant to be digested and used by our body and have to be excreted out. Many people are unaware of this fact. When you swallow a prescribed pill, these binders and filler are expelled out of your body. But, when you crush and snort xanax or any other tablet, you are injecting and fixing these damaging components into your body. It's important to note than xanax has more binders and fillers as compared to other medications.

So snorting xanax will fix these substances directly into your lungs and sinus cavities, thus causing sinus blockages and other serious problems. Recently, in a case a man died and no one knew why, however, everybody suspected overdose. But, everybody was shocked when it turned out to be case of crushing and snorting drugs since a long period. This man created terrible blockages in his lungs causing respiratory depression, which is considered as a normal side effect, but, his body lacked enough Oxygen into his lungs and poor man fell prey to death in his sleep. This case simply warns you from chewing or snorting xanax or any pill as it creates high probability of blood vessel blockages, intestinal blockages and many other serious ailments.

Well, on top of the possible physical damage, it's still ambiguous that snorting xanax pills can be more effective than consuming them orally. It is very much possible that binders and fillers in a tablet could act as a buffer that stops these substances from coming in contact with the mucous membranes until such time as these are blown out if the nose is blown. In this way, less amount of drug might be absorbed if snorted than it is swallowed.

As xanax contain high amount of such substances, it is assumed that there IS DEFINTELY a problem with snorting xanax along with binders and fillers. Moreover, it is better to say that no pill should be snorted until and unless it is prescribed or made to inhale.

8. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

^I would like some solid proof and research done on the long term damaging effects from snorting pills. Please post your sources if you are going to post information like this.

9. does2

does2 Member

+2

I would like to see any information found on any long term effects of any ROA (other than IV) pertaining to pharms.

10. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

he didnt call xanax an opiate. he said "if u mix benzo's with opiates BE VERY careful" and "xanax + OC can kill u very easily if ur opiate naive"

he was saying OC is an opiate

11. klondike_bar

klondike_bar Senior Member

honestly, i side with him. whether there is proof or not, it simply cant be all that great for you. your nose is meant to be a filter, not a garbage disposal.

some drugs may be totally harmless(-ish) when insufflated. however, if you cant make yourself wait the extar 20-50 minutes that oral consumption requires, when the effects of oral vs nasal are almost identical, then you honestly shouldnt be using it in the first place.

If you want a pill to work quickly, and all-at-once, crush it, then swallow the powder. there you have it, full effects, no nasal drip, and it will last longer.

12. SpENS93

SpENS93 Illuminati

i got 3 bars for tonight

all down my throat

13. Eagles06

Eagles06 Member

Okay, Snorting xanax is pretty much pointless, just like snorting a perocet would be. They are not time released like Oxcontin, so no matter how you injest it you are getting the same amount of the active ingredient not matter what. The only differnce being is how fast it hits you. And if this is your goal, just chew them up or parachut them. All those fillers up your nose is no good. So if you have some blues or some barz, you are going to get 1 or 2 mg of alprazolam whether you swallow, snort, or whatever... it's just that it will hit you faster if you crush them up first(chewing or parachuting)

14. danxdan

danxdan Member

swallow them or chew them up. don't snort them.

15. trvc5Dank

trvc5Dank Member

I prefer to pop it beacuse it tastes like complete shit, but the high is better if you snort or chew it up.

16. kylej608

kylej608 Member

its way better to eat obviously.. a lot of the drug gets wasted when sniffed so just eat the things like your suppose to!

17. hkerstin

hkerstin Guest

i jus had a quick question to ANYONE that has snorted xanax. my boyfriend recently did and while he was very mellow ( and not really able to walk straight) shortly afterwards he became really violent grabbing my face and spittin on me he didnt really grab me enough to really hurt me jus bruise me very bad although i know it is not right i was wondering if it was a long term effect of sniffin or is that jus how he is and blamin it on the pills ???

18. IllCanabillyVanilly

IllCanabillyVanilly Senior Member

how much did he sniff? xanax can make stupid fucks act like... stupid fucks if you take too much. im sure hes not abusive or anything but benzos can make you do shit you wouldnt normally do

19. mar4ela

mar4ela Member

It works, but better don't do that...I recommend to take it orally

____
    buy xanax
    xanax lorazepam

20. crunchybenzos

crunchybenzos Guest

xanax or any benzo doesnt work at all when i inhale it. it only works when i take it orally. but my boyfriend inhaled some benzo and it worked for him. everyones body reacts differently, amirite??