Hippy Colleges?

Discussion in 'Home Schooling' started by WhiteLotusFlower, Oct 4, 2007.

1. WhiteLotusFlower

WhiteLotusFlower Member

I need some colleges that are very hippy. I am planning on going to appalachian state university. But any others?

2. jusdino4it

jusdino4it DR. Lifetime Supporter

New college in flordia, hampshire college. Wrong section.

3. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

What's that one in Ohio? Very hippie. Okay, I'm gonna go look it up. BRB.

Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio

It's supposed to be one of the best.

Kathi

4. ameliorateLJ

ameliorateLJ Member

Antioch is no longer in existence, or it is there I would be! They closed due to insufficient funds, I heard. :(

5. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

Gee that's funny. I was talking to a girl today who attends Antioch. Try tis link.

http://www.antioch.edu/

Not only is it thriving, it's now in four states.

Kathi

6. ameliorateLJ

ameliorateLJ Member

Thanks! I speak of the main campus, which you can find articles on all over the place...google search 'antioch closed" and you should get some results. Students are dwindling and finances are incredibly unstable, and the board made a choice to close down Antioch in 2008, at the main campus. If you click on the Yellow Springs location from the link you gave me, the first article on the page has some information about it as well. Unfortunately, at least THAT location is not thriving. At all.
    The good news is that Antioch has closed before and recovered from fiscal difficulties, so there is hope that the main campus will someday open again!

7. Sunshine{Daydream}

Sunshine{Daydream} Member

8. stev90

stev90 Banned

A good "hippie" college, if there ever was one, probably won't get you far in mainstream society.

9. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

Student Scholarships
    Students in grades 6 – 12:
    The David Lynch Foundation offers a scholarship program for students grades 6 – 12 (see school grants).

College-aged students interested in learning the Transcendental Meditation technique:
    Scholarships to learn the TM technique are available for students who are currently enrolled, or have been accepted to, Maharishi University of Management in Fairfield, Iowa, USA. For more information: www.mum.edu/TM.

Those not eligible for a David Lynch Foundation scholarship may wish to pursue a long term, low interest loan through the CitiAssist program to help meet their academic goals. Please visit www.mum.edu/tmcourse.

i got this from this website:
    http://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/scholarships.html

dunno if its 'hippy' in the sense you mean, but i think its pretty unique and spiritually aware.

ameliorateLJ, your sig is beautiful!

10. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

Naropa College in Boulder, CO
    its a small buddist inspired college

11. allister.stanton

allister.stanton Member

sterling college and green mountain college in vermont.

new college of california was amazing but sadly closed due to lack of funds, but i wouldn't be surprised to see it come back.

12. slchanmo

slchanmo Member

I just got a mailing from Antioch today... had no idea they closed the main campus! I was looking into going to grad school there, ended up elsewhere, but it seems like such an interesting school.

Allister, I have a friend who went to Green Mountain College, she had a wonderful experience there!

I missed the chance, since they only take undergrads, but when my sister was looking we visited Hampshire College in Mass. Very hippy, very cool. You create your own course of study there.