Suboxone Question

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by JahRed24, Jul 18, 2007.

1. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

Ok so i took about .5mgs of Suboxone today (first dose; my last sub dose b4 this was only one other time and it was 4days ago i took 1mg....) so my question is sense i took .5mgs of suboxone today at around 1pm and its now 11:10PM will the suboxone, at such a low dose .5mgs!!, still block my opiate receptors and therefor render the 40mg OxyContin pills i have useless if i take them right now...how long do i need to wait b4 the .5mgs of suboxone wears off? thx guys.

2. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

DOES ANYONE know about how long suboxone (aka Bupenorphine) last at such small doses?? .5mgs...

ANYBODY got a answer to this...i swear its been 27hrs sense i took that 0.5mgs Suboxone (Buprenorphine/Naloxone) and i did 3 40s and still dont feel anything! usually 80mgs will have me faded and in a nod....i regret ever taking that suboxone, even tho it was such a tiny amount its still blocking all my opiate receptors...wtf suboxone seems like it last for like 7days lol

3. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

The Suboxone preparation contains the μ-opioid receptor antagonist naloxone which is intended only to prevent abuse of the buprenorphine, not, as is commonly misunderstood, to block the effects of other opiates. Buprenorphine itself binds more strongly to receptors in the brain than do other opioids, making it more difficult to become intoxicated due to other opioids when buprenorphine is in the system, regardless of the presence of the naloxone.

If enough buprenorphine is in the system, however, it has the same effect as naloxone in completely or nearly completely blocking or reversing opiate effects from another opioid.

All from Wikipedia. Doesn't say how long it stays in the system but I'd assume it's going to stop your pills from working for at least a few days.

4. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

well i experimented a little bit when i took that 0.5mgs of suboxone and then, about 12 hours later, i did 80mg OxyContin pill and one 40mg pill and i got pretty faded and nodded out...so im thinking .5mgs did weaken the effects a little bit but not to the extent of if i were to take the whole 2mg pill and then try and do opiates within 24hrs i wouldnt feel aanything..

5. aliced

aliced Dude Guy

....suboxone is made to help people quit using opiates.

6. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

yes i know what its 'made' for, but i was using it as a back up in b/w my OC usage. When I didnt have my oxy i would use the subs to make sure i didnt feel the come-down after doing oc for a few days in a row...

7. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

man fuck suboxone, im on it right now its been about 36hrs sense my last sub dose of a "1st" dose of 6mgs that kept me normal for a good 2 days
    but i also wasted about 5-6 40's trying to get high while on the shit. i waited a good 20hrs b4 i did the first 40, then i just kept rockin them till i was like WTF MATE?! the only thing they did was give me a "mild" body buzz, no euphoric head rush like oc usually relieves, but thats probably just the senses unwinding to a full on opiate-agnoist, and sense i was already having my opiate receptors "tickled" by the bupenoprhine and the bupe is a bully to other opiates like OC/HYDROMOPRHONE/and anyone that gets the funky diactylmorphine shit...but yeah suboxone really will fuck up ur high for a good 3 days after taking even a 1mg dose...especially for me..but then again its good cuz all i need is about 2-4mgs the first day then every other dose is about .5mgs every other day till i can skip 3 days then 4 then 5...and so on...but im kinda glad i wasted all those ocs while i was on subs, i guess they did their job...blocking bitches!!! lol