Help? I really need it . . . I'm really lonely . . .

Discussion in 'Coming Out and Confused!' started by WrathXXX, Apr 25, 2007.

1. WrathXXX

WrathXXX Member

Alright so to put it shortly I go to a school where some people know I prefer guys over girls, and some people don't know. It's not that big of a deal as I live in N.j. and most people are tolerant of gay and lesbian people. The thing is, there are 2 different guys in the school who i THINK and hope like me. the first one ive noticed since the start of the school year, he is a freshman and is just very good looking but from what ive seen hes also shy. since midwinter or so ive noticed each time we pass in the hallway he either usually looks at me or seems to act kinda nervous in hard to describe ways... i cant recall either of us ever having a conversation but id love to get to know him but i dont know what to do. now for the other guy, hes also a freshman and also not bad looking, and in gym class the other day he kept talking to me and we barely know eachother, and some of what he said and the way he said it seemed kinda like flirting but i was really surprised/not fully awake/nervous so i didnt really react much... anyway is there any simple way to find out if either guy likes me. im really shy and awkward around people i dont know i never know what to say to them. can anybody give me some advice, id like to have a b/f or go on a date with a guy, i havent been out with a guy since mid 2006 -_-

2. WrathXXX

WrathXXX Member

so at my school there are these 2 dif guys ive been crushing on for the last few weeks. both of them have given subtle signs they might also be interested in me. one of them has flirted with me and due to me being half awake and totally shocked (happy but shocked) i dont think i came off as interested, or even friendly >_> the other guy i dont recall even having a conversation with him but each time we pass in the hallway he either seems really nervous or to be looking at me...

im a shy person and awkward around people i dont know well so can someone give me some advice on how to possibly start a connection with either one of them?

3. Strangeness

Strangeness Member

My fuess is chat have them over if your lucky thell makea move?

4. WrathXXX

WrathXXX Member

but i hardly even talk to either... and im not good at just approacing people and striking up conversations. what should i do/say

5. Geneity

Geneity self-proclaimed advocate

Say hi to one in the hall. Judge the reaction. Start conversations with them on something you're both interested in. Conversation starting can be really difficult. If you're sitting in class around them. If you feel the need to comment about something someone is doing, say it to them, maybe a conversation will start that way. I miss these days in a way...

6. WrathXXX

WrathXXX Member

would it be weird to just go up to one of them and say something like "nice shirt, whered you get it?" or something?

7. Strangeness

Strangeness Member

Well Im a kid whos hyper and stuff. and So I just yell out HI. AndI dont care wat peopple think lol.

8. Geneity

That shows you're interested in them definatly. Compliments are great. I'd try something like that. Just don't be too nervous or over-thinking about the situation. Flow with it. Anxiety can make things awkward.

9. Strangeness

Strangeness Member

its only awkward if you make it.

10. Geneity

Trust me, it's overly easy to make something awkward =P

11. Strangeness

Strangeness Member

For me it doesnt I can yell out penis in the hall and nohting happends Lol

12. Geneity

Not that kind of awkward. Delicate awkward. Like trying to tell somone you *like* them or trying to make friends. Silly =P

13. GreatGuy123

GreatGuy123 Member

just go up to either of them and just say wats up? or hey hows it going? hows ur day? just dont think bout it too much. I use to be like that (shy and stuff) but then i just kept thinkin they wanna talk/see me just as much as i want to see them