The most degrading rap song

Discussion in 'Music' started by Mui, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Mui

Mui Senior Member

What rap song degrades women the most? In your opinion...

im thinkin sumthin by 2 live crew right now..

2. backtothelab

backtothelab Senior Member

idk, all of them?

3. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

i heard one the other day where the guy names off all these different girls names like "shaneesha, tawanda, natasia...." and says what he did with each one.

but that probably isn't the worst.

4. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

Too Short - Blowjob Betty

5. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

r kellys ignition song. ITs about a jeep reminding him of his girl.. that is horrible. women are compared to fucking jeeps. one lyric is "Girl...please...
    Let me stick my key in your ignition babe" errrrrrr

peace
    chickens

6. KJ is cool

KJ is cool Member

three six mafia - slob on my knob

7. Tristen

Tristen PushTheLilDaisies

I don't know too much rap, but I would have to go with Eminem (everything I have ever heard). I have heard some really crazy stuff by him. Don't know names in particular.. But yikes!

8. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

ALL rap songs are degrading to women.

Project Pat: "We ran a train" (talking about all the boys taking turns on each girl)
    Ja rule: "Fuck you girl" (short skit song)
    David Banner: "Like a pimp"
    Eminem: "Superman" (supposedly written about his short affair with Mariah Carey)
    Three six mafia: "Slob on my knob"
    Too short: any of his songs
    Fabulous: "Can't let you go" (not graphic, but the fact that he is having a conversation with his girlfriend about how much he adores her more than his wife)

The song Seamonster was talking about is "Freak-a-leek" by Petey Pablo

9. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

Have you listen to "all" rap music? There's a lot more to it than what's in the mainstream. Although too much of it is degrading to women.

10. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Well no, I haven't listened to every song ever written, but I have listened to quite a bit and I have my favorites. The majority of rap songs do speak about sexual intentions or escapades. Maybe I should rephrase what I said. I'm not saying that there isn't any decent rap out there because there are some very good lyrics that actually have a message. However, most of the mainstream rap gives the genre in general a bad name.

11. Crayola

Crayola =)

true, rap music isnt only about treatin girls badly.. originally it was more about expressing anger (life in da hood, blabla..)

however, sex sells, and treatin girls like sh*t does too. apparently a lot of guys relate to that

eh, beats me

12. beachbum7

beachbum7 Lookin' for any fun

You are quite correct in saying the trash in mainstream rap gives the genre a bad name.

13. stuntdragon1

stuntdragon1 Member

Project Pat- This Bitch

But yea mainstream rap is not a very good representative of rap music in general. I can hardly listen to rap music on the radio. same things over and over again. I stick with my underground CDs.

14. matthew

matthew Almost sexy

He is alright realy tristen...you might be offended by him but he does not mean any harm...he is a bit like maryln manson...all show.

I have heard some truly appaling thoughts from artists like puff daddy , snoop dog , beanie man , thats were the true trash is.

I like NWA ( a black woman was ice cubes manager) and cypress hill they are good ... i don't like rappers that promote hate ... if i find some one i like doing that i won't be liking them for much longer ... you have to sometimes take what they say with a pinch of salt . I think you would switch off 'The best of NWA' quite quickly ...but it was made buy young kids that were aware of what and how they were saying ....a political statement , rather than hate filled shit.

http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1993/4/93.04.04.x.html
    Extremly long

I do find a lot of it pompouse at times...Gil Scott-Heron is the worst offender.

15. Vicar_in_a_Tutu

Vicar_in_a_Tutu Member

I bet he shags his Jeep.

16. wiccan_witch

wiccan_witch Senior Member

Don't know exactly what this song is called but I'm guessing 'Bitch' and its off the new D12 album. Those who have heard the album can probably guess the song I am referring to.

17. BlackHoodedCrow

BlackHoodedCrow Member

Naughty By Nature's

O.P.P. And NO it does not stand for Other peoples property
    Other peoples (Meowwww)

D

18. missfontella

missfontella Mama of Da Assassins

OPP also stood for other people's penis so how is that supposed to be the worst?

I say JayZ's last album, the one about the difference between a bitch and a lady

Those labels are the worst. How in the hell would he know anything about being a women?

Such a damn man

19. Mui

Mui Senior Member

hahaha i just started this thread to get some new songs to listen to. It's amusing how many women bitch about certain rap songs... its like shut the fuck up ho, and suck my dick, biotch.

Most of the songs people listed arent even close to the top 5 most degrading rap songs... r kelly? eminem? Come on.

20. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

no ones mentioned tupac!!

he actually doesnt have that many songs referring to ladies

the only ones i can think of are....... i get around

and in keep ya head up he stands up for women

whats that one song 'i got hoes in different area codes'