Getting beads in my hair

Discussion in 'Body Care' started by veggiefan, Feb 7, 2007.

1. veggiefan

veggiefan Member

I think that this looks so neat. How the heck to you get beads into your hair without special equipment? I don't have dreads, just normal wavy hair, and I am at a loss as to how to get the darn things in there. Thanks!

2. sweetersappe

sweetersappe Member

You make a thin braid. Thread some pony beads onto a bobby pin that you have shaped into a fish hook (the hook part has to be skinny enough to go through the beads). Then use the hook to pull the braid through the beads.
    It's a lot easier to show someone than to tell them.:&

3. Yakima

Yakima Member

I have a special "bead-to-hair" needle. But you can use a normal needle if it's big. Thread your hair where you normally put the thread and then you just put on the bead as if you were making a necklace.

If you don't have a needle... Wet the hair and then fold the tip and twist, that makes it easier to put on the bead.

Good luck :)

4. Lady Neko

Lady Neko Member

the braid thing is a good one. i do that one all the time. plus hubby puts thread locks in my hair too. machine wise i think i saw this weird beading and braiding machine on t.v. a while ago. it spun this girl's hair around and it looked really weird.

5. Lozzie

Lozzie Member

Just wondering...

How do the beads stay on the hair without dreadys? I have beads in my hair but only on braided coloured string i have braided in with my hair!!

would like to know how to keep em in without them too!!

thankx

peace x x

6. wyldwynd

wyldwynd ~*~ Super Moderator

i love the way beads look in hair~ thanx for all the tips :)

7. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

last bead needs to be tight to lock the others in place.
    You'll notice a lot of beads ending with one big flashy bead with a tiny one at the tips of the hair.

8. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

i'm sewing beads into mine, i'm not tying them off though, but hopefully they should work!

9. Catzilla

Catzilla Member

The size of the bead will depend on the size of your braids, but using a bobby pin, a loop of embroidery thread or wire to pull the end of the braid through the bead. Use a mini rubber band or wrap the ends of the hair with thread or embroidery floss and knot it to hold the beads in place.
    Cat

10. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

i usually back comb the pieces that i want to stick the beads in and it really does work.
    it makes them alittle knotty and gives them a dread-like appearance...and the beads will stay in longer than just putting them in clean smooth hair.