my face turns evil in my mirror

Discussion in 'Weird, Bizarre and Mysterious' started by lucyinthesky16, Nov 23, 2006.

1. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

i have this mirror thats been in my house before we moved in (i think) and we have been in it for 17 years...but when i look in it, when i stare into my eyes, my face changes..i dont know how to explain it, but it turns evil...its like me, my face, but it looks like im evil and possessed, it twists somehow. i tried not to turn away, but i HAD to. is my mirror possesed, or just me?

2. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

I know what you mean, back when I ate shrooms Id look into the mirror and watch my face go 'evil' and grow pimples and get covered in hair and get ugly lol. But Ive never had that sober.

3. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

yeah maybe your just tripping ;p

4. Columbo

Columbo Senior Member

dont worry this is normal when you look like this
    where did you have this photo taken?
    [​IMG]

5. J0hn

J0hn Phantom

Must be a trick of the mind or light. There have been claims by some Tetris players that when they stare at blocky pictures or curtains with shapes on, it begins to move.

6. wootier

wootier Member

its ure bloody doppelganer my friend...ure real or alternative self...its wat u really look like, dont b scared, its not evil, its just u, as u r on a different plane of exhistence...i used to read about mirror meditiaton, where u stare into a mirror for long enough and hallucinate, this similar but different...i see myself in the mirror some times, i wonder wat im thinking on the other side

7. lucyinthesky16

lucyinthesky16 pirate wench

that's the sphinx from the movie "mirrormask"! isnt it adorable? ^_^

mirror meditation-ill have to try that! i always get scared and look away. and im not sure if i mentioned this in my origional post, but i have never in my life taken any sort of drugs...ever. so what ever freaky stuff is going on in my head is all ME...which is really disturbing.

8. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

I dont' know what it is, but it's not evil. I don't believe it's a doppleganger either.

9. guitarpeace

guitarpeace Member

I know what you mean, i look in my mirror all the time and I used to get scared back when I believed in evil, but now I dont, I think its from looking into your eyes and getting weird glimpses of your face, you can end up looking exactly like satan, this is the first time hearing someone else experiancing this.

10. wildflowerlove

wildflowerlove Member

Okay, this is what happens. Basically when you stare at yourself in any mirror for long enough, you'll experience distorted image surfacing. Some people believe those were the faces of your past lives, I'm not too sure if I believe that, but it happens when you look in ANY mirror long enough. I guess the eyes are becoming crossed and that's what makes you see odd images.
    Good Luck,
    Wildflowerlove.

11. guitarpeace

guitarpeace Member

I wonder if past lives can be rememberd onto neanderthals or does it start with homosapians? If this can be answered more questions will come up.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there is no such thing as an evil appearance. there are prejudices about appearance that you may have grown up with and not realized. there are, i suppose things about appearances that may trigger certain emotional responses to them, and i'm immagining it is this last you are refering to. the boogie man effect. but who defines the boogie man?

of course it IS possible to have intuitions about hostile intent.
    that is the only evil that there is by the way, to knowingly and willfully cause redily avoidable suffering and harm.
    to knowingly maintain an ignorance as an excuse to not responsibly exercise more care to avoid causing suffering and harm is by no means innocent either.

but an "evil appearance", this is another of those coercive, chauvanistic, prejudices, used to manipulate people.
    perhapse you meant a scarry appearance? this again gets back to an intuition of an intent to cause harm.
    an appearance of callus thoughtlessness certainly legitimately falls into THIS catigory.

mirrors. these can be interesting objects.
    possession is a concept of which i'm a bit skeptical.
    not, don't get me wrong, that even inanimate objects can't be manipulated, albeit with some difficulty, or so i would immagine, by non-tangable forces and beings.

mirrors. yes there is something numinous about the very concept of mirrors. what they are. what they can do. what with even a little immagination you can see in them, or by doing so, do with them.

magic mirrors, mirror magic, like 'crystaline' spheres, the can be an aid in remote viewing, into the past, into an alternative present, into multiple parallel total bizzaarnessess.

i simple and innocent object tangably. yet one so, open ended, like all of vissible existence itself, which it is their nature to reflect, reversed left to right.

it is in this perhapse lies the origen of all that ancient mumbo jumbo about them.
    and mumbo jumbo CAN be as real as something inside yourself makes it.

but what is inside yourself isn't intractably alien. not generaly at least anyway.
    i won't say things can't be done, twisted, what have you, but perhapse each of us possess some slight capacity to twist them back, or in some even more odd and interesting ways.

=^^=
    .../\...

13. Spirit OF The Forest

Spirit OF The Forest Member

I do that to myself sometimes, just for the sheer creepy effect. If I stare into my own eyes long enough, it looks as though it's not even myself staring back at me. I don't think there's any 'supernatural' strings attached, because if you stare at anything long enough it starts to look entirely different than the first glance.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

right. exactly. nothing supernatural. other, that is, then our own selves, which are. although 'super' natural is one of those concepts, i prefer the word numinous. i think it describes better the experiencing of what is just a little bit strainger then what most pople don't notice experiencing in their everyday lives.

again this is one of those, where there are two different things here.
    or rather that what is going on is unlikely to actualy involve those outside of our own selves.

=^^=
    .../\...

15. jacobfredjo

jacobfredjo Senior Member

wildflowerlove is exactly right. It may become more intense the closer to the mirror you are, and the longer you look at yourself. If you look -right in the middle of your eyes- you will "melt" and "distort" your face so to speak. Its totally normal, your not crazy!

16. dd3stp233

dd3stp233 -=--=--=-

Ghosts have been said to inhabit mirrors. Maybe one is just messing with you. or could be one of the things mentioned before.

17. yyyesiam2

yyyesiam2 Senior Member

keep looking in the mirror, man. if it scares you, there's probably something to it.

18. Any Color You Like

Any Color You Like Senior Member

What you're seeing in the mirror is reality. If you're seeing something evil it's yourself! (joke)

19. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

haha hes right de one before

hahah if i mirror meditate in like , dim light , I start having having beard and lookin older , maybe thats how I will be in 10 years haha

20. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

[size=-1]« le miroir est le vray cul du diable »
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] HAR HAR HAR !! [​IMG]

[/size]
    [size=-1]seriously friend, dont obsess yourself with this Beelzebullshit.
    [/size]