I like it when people value my opinion and I value your so input

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Bellfire01, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Bellfire01

Bellfire01 I'll say anything

I had a girl tell me that some people were judging her because of her race and her prefferences. She is a bi-racial (Black parent white parent, don't know which is which) that prefers to date white men exclusively. She said that people would say out of line stuff and I told her just to ignore them because they'll get bored and find new business to mind. She's real uncomfortable around Black people especially because they judge her more than the White people she knows and tell her that she's just Black and that her other race doesn't count. What would you say to her to make her feel better?
    I don't understand why it should matter to anyone except her and her boyfriend who she likes or doesn't like but it seems like whoever she is talking to on this subject just doesn't want her to be happy about herslef. Maybe someone has had an experience with this subject. I know that people talk about White people being prejudice and judgemental but they never really say anything about Black people being that way. I don't believe in that reverse discrimination crap and feel when you say something out of line to someone of another race than you are prejudice and there is no excuse for it.

This will conclude racial tensions in Bell's post for awhile because stuff like this just isn't as much fun to talk about as people's tastes in boyfriends and girlfriends.

2. PR3CIOU5

PR3CIOU5 lost

hmmm this is always an awkward area in life,

see i had a freind that was really weird, no one really ever got him, and i was asking a freind why nobody every even wanted to chill with him, we got to talking, and eventually we got to the race thing, she said he was black, i didnt see it, then i realized...
    yeah biracial, to white people, he is black, but to black people he is white,

so i asked him about this, cause i am always the one to ask the questions that you get kicked out of class over, hahahaha

but he actually got ran out his school once and many people in his town told his family to leave, and they threatened.... so he ended up moving.... thats fuct!!!! i just hate knowing that there is still people that act on prejudice..

what to do?
    be a freind
    and i always turn to alcohol-works for me
    jk

3. ~AmyLeeLoo~

~AmyLeeLoo~ Member

It really impresses me the fact that now a days there are stil racial
    discrimination going on around the world. This is just stupid u know?
    None of us are pure ONE race anymore, we're all mixed up even tho i look
    white i have a lil bit of everything, that goes also for black and brown
    people too.

That's just stupid, making people feel bad about their color or their
    roots, there's nothing we can do about it anyway cause they will continue
    to behave like this..

Tell your friend not to worry about this non-sense words, we're all
    humans and we all breathe the same air... color is not important.
    Do you see dogs fighting because of their color?.....

4. Bellfire01

LOL that's cute. I just don't get it though. People should be what they feel and like who that like. I can remember once that a lady I knew was telling me to stay away from some guy because to her he looked sworthy, lol. I didn't know what that meant at the time but she made it sound so bad.

5. Bellfire01

Color doesn't even break the sniffing pattern in dogs lol. I had a girl once tell me that everyone will look like her in 50 years. She's almond shaded Latino woman. I hope not though because when I lend money I want to be able to find the person. (I know that was bad but I already think everyone looks alike. ;) )

6. ~AmyLeeLoo~

~AmyLeeLoo~ Member

lol that was mean...........lol