Avril Lavigne

Discussion in 'Punk' started by Paula'sRotts, Jan 25, 2006.

1. shaina

shaina No War Know Peace

she's a horrible fake blonde crappy POP singer who could never in a million years be classified as punk thats my opinion

2. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

well said.

close topic NOW.

3. HellionHippy

HellionHippy Member

A few years ago, critics were hailing her as the next 'Grunge Act'.

I was like WTF. I'm pretty sure it was after 'Nobodies home'.

I don't mind her though, she seems pretty mature at heart

4. BEATificdeadBEAT

BEATificdeadBEAT Member

i m roundly against to her makin music!oh come on, she just trying but she can't and her music is NOT punk, it can be just pop..

didnt u listen her CHOP SUEY cover??its terrible..

i'll be happy if she will be only a manikin:S

5. jean_genie

jean_genie psychedelic saturday

id like to see avril get in a fist fight with some proper london punks ;P now that would be entertainement

6. Brand New Soul

Brand New Soul Senior Member

Oh man I know. I went to a sars concert and she was there I was ripping out my hair!!! Worst preformer ever! she sat down on the stage. And what I can't stand about her is in an interview she said her music was argesive :| since when. I guess its agressive if you 12 and you'r a mall rat!

7. alpharainbow

alpharainbow Member

she's anything but punk...thats totally a front. flicking off cameras and acting like a dude doesn't make you anything. shes extremely mainstream and lots of 12 year olds like her. "sk8er boi" ? please. any oldschool or true punk listener would laugh at this nonsense.

to each his own, but avril lavigne is more bubblegum pop than anything else. she may act like a rebel or attempt to dress like a "punk" but her music proves otherwise. punk isnt about style. its about the music.

she's pretty though!

8. cloverleaf

cloverleaf Member

big words coming from a person with an alkaline trio sig.

9. Jesus the Jedi

Jesus the Jedi Senior Member

hahaha that made my day.
    That and seeing an ad to see Steven Seagal playing a show...

10. Zepp

Zepp Member

skater boi...XD LOL!

11. Green

Green Iconoclastic

I didn't think she wanted to be called "punk" did she?

12. stratface

stratface Member

avril lavigne is the first album i ever bought. damn thing got stolen last year, made me very sad. but anyway...i owe a lot to her music, first got me into anything harder than britney spears, but i wouldn't sit there and listen to her nowadays. besides, she really isn't "big" anymore. i wasn't aware anyone even remembered poor avril...

13. KasabianRulesMan!

KasabianRulesMan! Member

Oh common don't waste your time... The Wide Music world is big enough for good music...
    In fact to be honnest there worst music than Avril's music...
    But if i've got to cut the Music of the World in 2
    ( whoknow ET music?) ...the poor girl (uhm rich in dollars) she will be in the bad side

You people let the music comes to you... you are not curious to search & discover new land & territories in music... You let MTV comes to you & tell you what you've got to listen...
    Be curious and search by yourself ...be adventurous
    Don't follow music just because it's the hype to love this singer... built your own music personnality...

Maybe i understand you... you have all often the half of my age...maybe with the years some of you will change!

I remember when i was 12 in 93 I was not listenin' to that ...
    I was fan of REM ! U2 (when they were young), Nirvana, Guns n Roses you can't compare those artist to Avril Lavigne something has changed in the youth...and not in the good way...
    And please don't tell me that Avril is rebel...(compare with the artist upside)...
    Been rebel is not have just play the punk game (find a black sex pistols t-shirt don't make of u sombody rebel)...
    Even Rem were more rebel than Avril... i mean it's in the spirit of your music & in the lyrics...not in the "maximum black" shorts/pants&lipstick

In The past Nirvana & The Sex pistols hated those plastic commercial popunkers... i mean avril is pop disguised in punk... don't be naive

I know that this kind of post will drives u angry...this is often what happen when we tell the naked reallity without artifacts...
    I know that your 1st reaction is to defend your fave artist...
    but one day in your 20's you will understand those words...

And Avril is not the worst thing around ...to be honnest commercial R'n b is nearly ever worst...

For real rebel classic great album check Aerosmith ....hehe no the grandpa...
    I'm talkin' of the old Aerosmith of 1976 when they were young & completely fucked up
    When they were a band knew for their multidrugs experience

It' rocks hard-this is considered as one of the best album ever in rock n roll history(no joke)
    I you need fresh rebel blood try
    Aerosmith (76) - Rocks (album)-

This is just an exemple in middle of hundred more great albums...

14. seancourt

seancourt Free Your Mind

thats cuz there is nothing to remember about her except she sucked

15. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

Brilliant?!?!?! Man. I heard a live clip of her on TV once... and God she sucks. She can't sing to save her life. But I forgot... in today's industry you don't have to be able to sing to be a singer.

16. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Well Bob Dylan and Neil Young can't sing either.

17. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

I like their voices :(

18. TheMadcapSyd

TheMadcapSyd Titanic's captain, yo!

Agreed, so do I(most of the time), but in the tradtional sense they have terrible singing voices.

19. A-Shwa-Child

A-Shwa-Child Member

I love Neil Youngs voice... And Bob dylan is just awsome to hear sometimes...

20. stoney

stoney Member

avril lavinge?? *quivlers* ewwwwh hopw can anything mainstream be punk??