What to do with my stems?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Dan Vicente, Dec 23, 2005.

1. Dan Vicente

Dan Vicente Member

I've been saving everything that comes with my weed, stems seeds, etc. So I was wondering What could I do with my stems? Now, I've heard of stem tea, but weed isn't soluable in water... Is there anyway i could make butter, how much would i need, just wondering....

2. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

man just throw that shit out....its like keeping the envelope that the christmas card came in

3. 40oz and chronic

40oz and chronic 'Nuff Said

wait dont throw the seeds out...keep those and sell them or plant them, but get rid of the stems

4. Dan Vicente

Dan Vicente Member

anyone else have anything to say... i know theres thc in the stems, so is it possible to extract that somehow into a butter or oil?

5. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

Acetone extraction.

Buy a bottle of industrial acetone from the hardware store.
    Drop all the stems in a cupfull or two of the acetone(enough acetone for them to float around in) Let it soak for 4 hours give or take, then filter out the stems. Pour the acetnoe onto a plate/into a bowl, and it will evaporate down into a crude honey oil, that could be vaporized, or mixed in with other weed.

6. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

i just throw them on a pile of random stuff in my room.

Im kinda afraid to make some order in this part of my room.

7. PeaceLoveAndMaryJane

PeaceLoveAndMaryJane Member

dude...

I'm gonna try that...I always just throw out my stems...

8. Dan Vicente

Dan Vicente Member

what exactly is acetone.... is it healthy at all for you, i mean if your eating something that you get from the hardware store...... doesnt sound to good

9. Grapefruity

Grapefruity Sunny Side Up

Acetone is a solvent. He is talking about making honey oil, so you just wait until every bit of it is volatilized. Id say you shake the jar every now and then, btw.

I think 99% iso alcohol would be better though. You can get it at the drug store.

10. CreamPuffWar

CreamPuffWar Member

I save my stems every time I buy weed. They come in handy when I'm desperate and can't purchase any. Yes, you can smoke them because they do contain THC. Some people claim they produce minor headaches. I, however, have never experienced this. And for the record, stems, if smoked, will not make you sterile.

11. Dan Vicente

Dan Vicente Member

one last question... how many sttems do i need in weight grams/ounces to make a certain amount for up to 3 highs or so

12. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

A shit-ton.
    Anyways, i always just ate my stems, they're a nice acquired taste, full of fiber and i t'ink other good nutrients.
    As for seeds i usually just throw them on the floor or use an air-popper to make pop-weed.

13. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

Acetone is just a nice strong chemical, that thc hapens to be very soluble in. Acetone is also very fast evaporating, and evaporates away cleanly. DO NOT USE NAIL POLISH, nail polish's main ingredients is acetone, but they add shit that does NOT evaporate away, thus you will be smoking bad stuff, but industrial acetone evaporates away 100% of the way realy easily and quickly at room temperature. The same process works well for salvia as well, to make 5x, or 10x, or what ever.

14. GreenButterflyDaisy

GreenButterflyDaisy Desi

no shit?!?!?!?

I have a bag FULL of cherry ground salvia leaves that no one really wants cause the effect isnt shit...how do I make it stronger with that? Just put the leaves in the shit, let it evaporate then mix it with more of the leaves? How do I make it stronger than 5? We buy 25 all time...

15. Dan Vicente

Dan Vicente Member

so does anyone know an estimate amount of stems?

16. TeaWithATwist

TeaWithATwist Banned

It depends GREATLY on quality of the stems. Obviously low quality stems will be needed in greater quantities.

I'd wait until you have at LEAST half an ounce of stems to be honest, otherwise you aren't going to get enough to really do much with.

You could also use an Iso extraction as someone else said, or a butane extraction. Butane will be way more complex so you might as well stick to the acetone or iso.

I'd suggest the iso if you are going to be doing this indoors.

17. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

ok dude this is easy.
    Step 1)finely grind ure salvia
    Step 2)Put it in a glass jar, and add more than enough acetone for the stuff to float around in.
    Step 3)let it soak, and stir it 2-4 hours.
    Step 4)Use a coffee filter to filter the powder from the liquid, you want to save the liquid.
    Step 5)Add a small quantity of the leaf matter into the solution(Or you can set aside a portion of the leaf matter, and not powder it, or soak it)
    Step 6)let it evaporate, goes faster in a ventilated area with good air flow.
    Step 7)make sure its dry all the way, and has no chemical smell left to it befor you smoke it.
    If you have 20 grams, powder 19 of the grams up, and save 1 gram, and use the salvinorin from the other 19 grams and add it to the 1 gram.

But another thing you could do with the regular leaves if you have a decent quantity of them... is get them moist... toss some orange peels in a containor/bag with it, to get it good and moist, and chew on it for a few hours keeping the buildup in your mouth(not swallowing it or spitting it) it will taste bitter/sour, and depending on how much you have it gives you a ncie buzz.

18. adoutsider

adoutsider Member

iso works too, iso is a "cleaner" extraction, as in you get less plant matter with isopropyl, but acetone is more efficient/less wastefull. for stems I would advise acetone, for buds I would advise isopropyl, or butane. Butane is a much cleaner extraction, but also more complicated, and more dangerous.

19. danktank

danktank Member

Smoke Em Motha Fucka

20. passittotheleft

passittotheleft Senior Member

cook with them