QUESTION: Seroquel Abuse

Discussion in 'Pharmaceuticals' started by moka9x9, Dec 14, 2005.

1. moka9x9

moka9x9 Member

Quick question, does Seroquel have any potential for abuse?

Its a seditive/anti-physcotic/mood-stablizer medication, normaly used in the treatment of bi-polar disorder & schizophrenia. Since it has downing effects, and speedy effects, I wonder.. maybe it could be used to get intoxicated.. but with the dose needed to get the speedy effects, I'd think it unsafe (since it interacts with the chemical balances in your brain i.e. dopamine)

Well what do you think?

2. DXMsucks

DXMsucks Member

Some people like it for some reason. But all it does is make you pass the FUCK out.

3. Trippin' Billies

Trippin' Billies Senior Member

lol, this just reminds me of the song Oxycontin by lil wyte... "... I pop mine with seroquel, like glue, i am stuck"

sorry, dont know anything else about seroquel :p

4. seancourt

seancourt Free Your Mind

The other day i was watching tv, and it had something on seroquel about how it can lead to diabetes and shit, it was a comercial, but really all it does is make you pass out like dxm said

5. phantastick

phantastick Member

friday night i was at my buddies house and we found his mom's seroquel. so i've got like... a bazillion pills of em 200 milligrams a piece. i dunno. it makes me fucking flip a shit. it gives me major muchies my eyes get red as shit and i get a body buzz. i woulodn't do it all the time tho.

6. moka9x9

moka9x9 Member

I have a bottle of 30 100mg's and a bottle of 20 25mg tablets.

So does anything think it worth it to pump about a gram of it into me?

7. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

doses for Seriquille range from 25 - 100 mg for mood stabilizers and 150 - 500 mg for an anti psycotic. There is no idicated potential for abuse. It was originally marketed as a non adictive alt. to benzos. People who take it every day (for whatever reason) will experience a mild psysical withdrawl as with most anti depresant type drugs. There will be no cravings for it though more mild flu like feeling. In my experience these are almost non existant.

also note: Seriquille is not indicated as a med for bipolar (it'll actually make it worse). It's used as a mood stabilizer for borderline personality disorder.

8. RxHEAD

RxHEAD Member

Seoquel is not anything comparable to a benzo, it is not an antidepressant and is not habit forming.

Regardless it's dosage, It is a Major Tranquilizer in the form of drug class of Psycotropic/antipsychotic/Neuroleptic drug regardless of the dosage.

The med itself is very sedating, used as a mood 'Stabilizer' in Bipolar Disorder to help control the Manic Phase of Bipolar (Manic-Depressive Disorder) as to be used in borderline personality disorder would be to sedate or control the self injury/mutilation part of the borderline personality disorder.

It is nothing to abuse or have recreational value as it can cause major Neurological side effects as those in Halodal, Risperdal, taken otherwise can even run risk of 'malignant neuroleptic something?" and this is fatal.

Just make me pee the bed at like 26-years old and had to wear adult diapers to bed. Not a good or recretional drug.

9. dj_reegz

dj_reegz Member

Were'd you get that shit.
    I parphrased right off my pharm info pages (like 6 of them for serquil) that I get every frigging time I get the thing refilled. What a fucking waste of paper. And what my shrink told me. (I make him tell me every thing he knows about a drug before I'll take it).

btw you contradicted yourself if its a "major-tranquillizer" then it must be alot like the clonazapam I was one before that. A member of the benzo family which also happens to be a major-tranquillizer.....

10. Thefluxx00

Thefluxx00 Member

DJ_Reegz, I'm sorry man but I don't think you know a damn thing about this drug Seroquel. If you were reading your shit off the pharmacy info papers, then maybe you'd spell the name of the drug right the first time, and not TWO different times throughout your posts (serquil, Seriquille), both of which, are nowhere close to the proper spelling. I've actually been on the drug now for years (800 mg a day), and I can definitely tell you that the withdrawal of coming off of it is a horrible nightmare, I've tried 4 times and failed again as of last night, after being off it for 4 days. I could go on and on about this, but all the info I have for you did not come off a piece of paper, but rather through personal experience..and btw, for those of you looking to get "high", Seroquel will give you a mind change, although unrecreational whatsoever, in my opinion. And at high enough doses, can induce major auditory and visual hallucinations....along with rapid heartbeat, shortness of breath, and an all around feeling of being scared and thinking maybe you shouldn't have done this...not only that, but you'll get high for about 20 minutes, eat a shitload, slurred speach, kinda like smoking weed, and then you'll pass out for an ungodly amount of time..that is, if you've never taken it before, and feel groggy for about another day. It's just not worth it for recreational use, stick to weed...It's becoming abused more nowadays and doctors are realizing that EVEN though they said it wasn't addictive.....maybe it is. anyways, the next time I try to kick it, I will be in a detox center..whenever I get the time, after school gets out this semester..good luck, and stay away from it if you can. DJ_Reegz, if you have any more technical questions, feel free brotha

11. seanydizzle

seanydizzle Member

my friend had some and we didnt know what the effects were gonna be so we tried it and it just gave a really heavy feeling then we just passed out lol. so if thats your idea of fun then go for it.

12. Daedalus

Daedalus Member

Seroquel isn't really something to mess around with. No anti-psychotic is.

It also has a wonderful side effect of lactation (layman: leaky nipples) in some people. Not dangerous, but certainly not very attractive . . .

13. Yahee

Yahee Member

Ive taken that stuff before, does make u feal ok but not for long, u better not be planning on working the next day or have bad anxieties,, my doctor perscribed me 300mg at night to help get rid of hellucinations, HELL NO, i had less hellucinations but made my anxieties go out the roof, and i wasnt perscribed anything for anxieties at the time,, afterwards when my doctor told me it shouldnt of made my anxieties go haywire i just about bit his head off
    anyways the bad feeling lasts way way longer than the good feeling

that and Risperidone scarred me for a weak at the least

14. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

seroquel's just plan suck ass! seriously they don't do anything but make u tired and if u take too much its like a horrible feeling i hear.. i got scripted seroquels once for insomnia (25mgs) and i never take them. I've taken em a few nights just for the hell of it and it was just sucked, didnt do anything and sometimes made me feel head feel "weird" the next morning..

15. fuckdupNloveNit

fuckdupNloveNit Member

hey what up! im on seroquel too, and it is not good for recreational use, however, a person not prescribed seroquel may find helpful alongside other drugs and/or alcohol to increase its effects. In australia, we have seroquel selling on the black market for $50 AUD (like $70 USD) each 200 mg pill - ravers sware that it helps reduce negative effects of X and trips (so you dont have a bad trip, etc) and makes the good effects last longer. Ive never tried it, as im already prescribed 200mg 2x day anyways! I did once however overdose on the shit (suicide attempt) and i can tell you its not a nice experience!! I took 30 200mg tablets and then my mum came in my room and saw the empty strips on my bed and called an ambulence. All i then can remember is waking up in the hospital like a day later with a drip in my arm and oxygen on my face and i was super dizzy. when i recovered, I had to prove to the nurses and doctors that i could pee properly before they would let me go because apparantly, seroquel can literally distroy your kidneys ability to produce urine - a VERY serious problem = DEATH or if they spot it early enough, they'll put you on dialisis or something, but yeah - you dont want that for the rest of your life!!! So all Im saying is these 2 things, 1) dont mess with seroquel to get high, the dose that will do anything to you other than put you to sleep will just fuck you up (literally) and 2) if you do want to use seroquel as a drug enhancer, only take a small dose (max of 200mg!!)

16. fuckdupNloveNit

fuckdupNloveNit Member

also, my friend was on seroquel, but she was on 800 mg at night!! she lost sensation on one side of her body every night she took them! she also would choke on her saliva while asleep and cough and splutter every 10 minutes!! yeah the lactation thing is also probable, but not as much so as with olanzapine or respiridone = they both made me milk like crazy!! When I was on olanzipine, my boyfriend at the time was sucking on my tit and was like - hey baby you got milk - and I was like WTF???!!!! He loved it, but I hated it (like, dar!) so I came off that shit and transferred to respiridone and the same thing happened. Ive been on seroquel now for over 7 years and its proved the best antipsychotic yet with little side effects compared to the older versions. As I said above though, its not to be taken to intoxicate as it is too dangerous as well as not worth it, unless your using it to enhance another drugs effects!!! be safe and have fun!!

17. Yahee

Yahee Member

hey fuckdupnlovenit,, funny thing,, isnt anti sphycotics suppose too keep u from attenmting suicide? XD its obvious wut u were doing,, 600 mg of serequil is enough to nock me out for a good 8+ hours,, but 6,000 mgs? i bet u were like a ragdoll

+ after my experiances with anti-sphycotics, i think they defeat the purpose,, after im off of them i feel scarred,, torn emmotionally, like life is already over for me and im just stuck in this hell whole, i think i was feeling like that cause the way anti-phsycotics work

18. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

I don't see how or why you would want/need to take this drug everyday?! Like why would you want to take 200mgs all at once?! 25mgs is enough for sleep and thats all its good for..sleep.. and even still its not that great it just makes my head feel weird and i dont like it at all!

19. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I was perscribed it for a few weeks when i had DID and it did nothing but knock me out and drain my mental energy. It was perscribed so I wouldn't feel manic or like partying at all-it's the opposite of a fun drug-sorry

20. JahRed24

JahRed24 Member

fuck seroquels mane. If i wanna go to sleep i'd rather do a phat 80 line [​IMG] lol!!